Sooo, will YOU Booo Grundy ?

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

mgh3536 wrote:Gunston and 6 for Grundy (all his salary) and picks
Nah realistically this won’t happen. I cannot see any club taking on his huge salary AND giving giving us pick 6 and Gunston. No way known are clubs that stupid, especially Hawthorn. I think the best outcome would be a club taking on Grundy’s full salary and either a player or a draft pick in the teens.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 79 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Piesnchess wrote:IF he went to the Deees, theyd win the next two flags, ponder that for a moment. Just an unbeatable ruck combo, courtesy of another **** moment from us.
Until he or Gawn went down with injuries or May had another episode on the drink or Petracca or Oliver got injured
1 player doesn’t guarantee a premiership
He hasn’t delivered a premiership here and to be honest people keep talking about Grundy circa 2018/19
Grundy circa 2020/21 and small sample size 2022 is a way lesser player than prior to signing that massive deal
Maybe just maybe the club see something over that 2 year period they don’t like be it in performance on the field attitude off it or whatever and think we as a club are better placed with him elsewhere
Remember this is a player who after accepting $7 million from the club said football wouldn’t define him as a person and he had other things in life more important (paraphrasing)

We won’t know the entire story until trade time
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 52 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Not saying that this is true but I have heard concerns about him lacking the intensity and killer instinct of a Maynard or an Adams. He plays apathetic football
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Grundy to Geelong Pick 18. Jack Henry

Pick 18 and two 3rd rounds to GWS : Tim Taranto, Ian Hill, Tanner Bruhn.

Out Grundy and 2 third rounds
In Jack Henry, Tim Taranto, Ian Hill, Tanner Bruhn.

On paper the deal may not have a superstar, but we enter the future with 2 players slotting into the 22 straight away, and 2 other who offer better future than the Browns. imo.

Jack Henry 23
Tim Taranto 24
Ian Hill 22
Tanner Bruhn 20

Perhaps the Adelaide Ruckman coming as a freebie.

Krugs and Dean,. still may prove valuable as talls.
stui magpie
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by stui magpie »

I'll just restate for the record, I want to keep him, but if we part ways we better get a damn good result for it.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Presti35
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by Presti35 »

Most of the players listed in that article can be obtained without involving Grundy. Not all, but most.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 76 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Assuming we keep JDG, I can't see us landing a 'big fish' like Taranto unless we trade Grundy to free up enough salary space.
What'sinaname
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:IF he went to the Deees, theyd win the next two flags, ponder that for a moment. Just an unbeatable ruck combo, courtesy of another **** moment from us.

He hasn’t delivered a premiership here and to be honest people keep talking about Grundy circa 2018/19

Yeah, I don't get this either. So you'll have Grundy or Gawn resting forward. Neither are good forwards. Grundy doesn't take contested marks and Gawn can't kick a goal.

Let Melbourne load up on one dimensional ruckmen.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 189 times

Post by Piesnchess »

What'sinaname wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Yeah, I don't get this either. So you'll have Grundy or Gawn resting forward. Neither are good forwards. Grundy doesn't take contested marks and Gawn can't kick a goal.

Let Melbourne load up on one dimensional ruckmen.

BUT, as a tag team theyd literally dominate the hitouts, and both, especially Gawn, can dominate marking, Gawn is a tremendous around the ground mark. OK if these pricks want him, give us Petracca in a straight swap, and pay off his contract, that I could live with. WE hold the cards here, the aces, not those bastards, lets up the stakes. :o :x
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Piesnchess wrote:KEEP GRUNDY, he will be fighting fit next season, and make us an even better team , if Cox goes down injured, long term , and no Grundy, we are totally rooted, stuffed , its insane to even contemplate losing him, and as for paying out contract, ala Treloar, they can stick that right up their rats clackers, never going down that disgusting road again. Never.
100%P&C. How can we even consider trading a 2 time AA to , it seems, 2 clubs whose premiership windows are wide open?? It makes no sense. Salary cap or not.
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

RudeBoy wrote:Assuming we keep JDG, I can't see us landing a 'big fish' like Taranto unless we trade Grundy to free up enough salary space.
It’s been reported today , that Collingwood have gone COLD on Tarranto and will focus on Bobby Hill.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

We can get Hill without talking about Grundy
Piesnchess
Has liked: 189 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Indidentally, anyone who saw JDGs post match celebration with his team mates, his delight, hugging and dancing, knows he aint going nowhere, hes staying a Magpie, make NO mistake bout that.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

If it's only out of those 5 clubs mentioned earlier, and Taranto is out of the question...

...then yeah. To Port Adelaide for pick 8 and Georgiades for me.

20yo, 192 cm, Key Forward. (Same height at Checkers). Three years and almost 50 games in the AFL already. https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players ... iades.html

We can then get Hill/Bruhn in a separate deal. We can try to snag Jack Henry out of Geelong in a separate deal. And then we wont be seeing BG play for Dees or Cats, which is a win.

We could also take 2 first round picks to the draft, or use them to try and snag a star from another club. Honestly, I keep saying this, but offer them for Sam Draper.

If we trade BG and fail to land a decent ruck somewhere along the way, then sign Goldstein for 12 months.
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

I think some people are overlooking the fact that Grundy has a contract for $1 million a year for another 5 years, so he would need to want to go to another club for a deal to be done. All the reports now suggest he is well settled in to living in Melbourne, which would seem to knock a return to Adelaide out of the equation. Seems like the Dees would be HIS favoured destination, if Collingwood want his salary off their books.