Post Match V Aintz....all comments here thanx

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

STOKA35

Post by STOKA35 »

what a difference 12 months makes our average wining margin against the saints was over 10 goals.If we lose against adelaide this week and I reckon adelaide will beat us they play telstra dome pretty well, our season is over we are 3 games plus % behind 8 th spot. If we lose i think we need to play as many kids as we can and see what fringe players are capeable of stepping up.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

I thought Clement did a fantastic job on Gherig. A lot of better players would have allowed him to score 8.
punkologist

Post by punkologist »

Johnson#26 wrote:I thought Clement did a fantastic job on Gherig. A lot of better players would have allowed him to score 8.
Agreed, I thought considering the supply of the ball gherig was getting clemo did a pretty good job, he just needed some help from the other defenders.
sq3

Post by sq3 »

It would appear that MM used this as a final exam for some of the guys to see if they will play any further senior footbal this year.

BK failed the exam and should not have shown up - his handball over his head that lead to a goal will see him punished to the Gulls for the remainder of this season.

The big plus was GR - he gets better very game and with another off season and about 5 kgs he will be an extreme ruckman. The best part of his play, besides the palm out and long direct hit, were thathe is understanding what he has to do around the ground. This kid will be a very good ruckman that can go forward and kick goals.

Didak should watch a video of Guerra and see how a small power forward should play and Magic should watch a Milne game.

Our tall forwards were good Pebbles and Taz - but as Pebbles was always double teamed where were the small forwards ???????

MCG still must be suffering from the OP as he could not step laterally and was 'stepped' several times in the center that resulted in takeaways.

Lica got plenty of the ball but his foot disposal is still far below that of any other AFL player I have ever seen and should have been rectified by now.

Woey played great but still did not put his head over the ball in the first quarter and it resulted in a Saints goal.

Skills cost us the game and with better skills we could have won with the team that played.

I feel for Nixon and Mullins as they just don't get a run for long anough with this crazy 'fixed' rotation system.

Josh is back next week and C2 will be included as well - BK first one out and hopefully Williams second so we can let Luke and Bo run for a longer period and sit their exams as well.

Lots of good signs - but the skills are poor and the run stopped at 3 quarter time again - Buttifant what are you doing ?????
Doc63

Post by Doc63 »

sherrife wrote:Cole i agree may become a good player for another team, but if we can get an established player for him, it is a win-win situation. Often being traded is the imputus players need to actually play to their full potential (ie. murphy).
Doc63 wrote:He'll probably end up a bloody champion at Essendon. Who do you think they'll give us for him??
sherrife wrote:Can i ask for the umpteenthtime of an obvious Cole fan, what has he done to deserve such a claim?
Riddle me this, Imbecile:

If that was the FIRST time that I have EVER mentioned Cole on this Bulletin Board, how can you be aking me for "the umpteenthtime" and how would you figure that I am an "obvious Cole fan"???

Cole would probably be in the 2's if we didnt have so many injuries. If we delist him, he will end up at Essendon - Sheedy seems able to get the best out of every Aboriginal player that that walks through the front door at Windy Hill.
Blanch

Post by Blanch »

We finally had a dip. We were outclassed but our application was good. I'm not that unhappy.

btw, Cole is raw. He is another who is probably 2 years off consistency, but when it comes we'll all be glad the so called "moron" in the box kept him. Do I really need to find the threads on Jonno, Fraz, Taz and Pebbles? Most of the snipers don't want to recall them but they exist here on Nicks. Now they happily eat their humble pie. You shall do the same in years to come with Cole.
My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Doc63

Post by Doc63 »

Blanch wrote:btw, Cole is raw. He is another who is probably 2 years off consistency, but when it comes we'll all be glad the so called "moron" in the box kept him.
Couldnt agree more!! There is no way he'll be traded or delisted.
sherrife

Post by sherrife »

Doc63 wrote:
sherrife wrote:Cole i agree may become a good player for another team, but if we can get an established player for him, it is a win-win situation. Often being traded is the imputus players need to actually play to their full potential (ie. murphy).
Doc63 wrote:He'll probably end up a bloody champion at Essendon. Who do you think they'll give us for him??
sherrife wrote:Can i ask for the umpteenthtime of an obvious Cole fan, what has he done to deserve such a claim?
Riddle me this, Imbecile:

If that was the FIRST time that I have EVER mentioned Cole on this Bulletin Board, how can you be aking me for "the umpteenthtime" and how would you figure that I am an "obvious Cole fan"???

Cole would probably be in the 2's if we didnt have so many injuries. If we delist him, he will end up at Essendon - Sheedy seems able to get the best out of every Aboriginal player that that walks through the front door at Windy Hill.
LOL! Okay misunderstanding there! I meant that i have asked almost every Cole supporter on this board for justification on why cole will become a champion and no one has provided any matches where he has stood out. Not you :oops: In fact the only reason people cite for Cole having potential is his high draft placement.

Do you have any better arguments?
I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks... - Eugene Debs
labrooy

Post by labrooy »

Mick's My Favourite wrote:labrooy - looks like you weren't at the game at all
McGough was the only one getting the pill for a long time. His offense outweighs his defence sny day, especially as we had a run on and especially as he just kicked a goal
Wakelin is our best defender - he would have been a better choice on Gehrig, Rewoldt or Kositzche
play Wakelin on Gehrig, Clement on Rewoldt and Cloke on Kostizche
No 1 defender on No 1 attacker, No 2 defender on No 2 attacker, 3 on 3 etc.
Walker was killed by Rewoldt and Lonnie was killed by Kostinske.
Mick never went with our best defensive formation for the night and that in itself is a tragedy.
labrooy - mullens was on the ground for 15 minutes - he had no real chance to show himself. Malthouse did the same thing to Mullens, that he did to Bo Nixon in his first two games.
Labrooy - I have ideas, you have nothing. Everything I say is positive. I ALWAYS put up! I have ten times the football brain you have.
If you allegedly love the Pies so much, why don't you say something usefull for a change?
This would have to be the most ridiculous post I have ever witnessed from the biggest moron to ever get on a message board.

I wasn't able to travel from Toowoomba to Telstra Dome to attend a fully booked out game. SO WHAT!!!! I still was able to watch the game via Fox Footy. Not the best but not too bad either.

You have no ideas whatsoever. All you do is criticise, criticise, criticise. You wouldn't know a positive idea if it jumped up and bit you on the arse.

You are just a sad old git with no idea who thinks he has something to say but is treated as nothing but a joke. That is because you are!!!
Doc63

Post by Doc63 »

sherrife wrote:LOL! Okay misunderstanding there! I meant that i have asked almost every Cole supporter on this board for justification on why cole will become a champion and no one has provided any matches where he has stood out. Not you :oops: In fact the only reason people cite for Cole having potential is his high draft placement.

Do you have any better arguments?
It would have to be a very good quality, established player. We wouldnt want him to become another Mal Michael!!!

P.S: Sorry for calling you an imbecile!!
sherrife

Post by sherrife »

Misiti maybe? he seems to have run his course at Essendon and i think a new club would get him back to his form of 2000.

Is anyone out of contract over there this year?
I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks... - Eugene Debs
Doc63

Post by Doc63 »

sherrife wrote:Misiti maybe? he seems to have run his course at Essendon and i think a new club would get him back to his form of 2000
Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Misiti is GORN, PAST IT, KAPUT!!!
sherrife wrote:Is anyone out of contract over there this year?

Lloyd???
PiesFan

Post by PiesFan »

I have more of a chance of making an impact playing for the pies then Smokin Joe
sq3

Post by sq3 »

We need to be a bit more patient with Cole.

He was our best tackling player last saturday night and is one of the few that CAN and WILL tackle opponents head on.

He finds the ball a lot but is still not quite right on the disposal by foot - but hands are very good.

He also is very athletic and one of the best balanced movers you will see and that does allow him to get the loose ball at speed and swerve around players very easily.

I don't understand why MM is still giving him assignments down back as at the moment I would have him in the HF line rather than Didak - but MM wants all the attackers to be responsible when the other side has the ball.

Cole has had injuries over the last 3 years with elbow operations and he had the flu at the start of the season.

He has heaps of talent it will click in very soon and he will emulate his childhood hero - Michael Long - but he is bigger and stronger and will be a big benefit to the Pies.
Lone Ranger
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Lone Ranger »

Did anyone go to the St Kilda v Collingwood games that the Herald Sun reporter went to? Where was it played?

I went to Telstra Dome and saw a Collingwood v Saints game where Cloke did a good job and beat Hamill. At the game the Herald Sun guy (Horan I think) went to, Hamil was BOG :shock: :shock: