Sooo, will YOU Booo Grundy ?

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

A reason why we didn’t go hard for Taranto, if the 7 year multi-million Richmond deal is true
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

qldmagpie67 wrote:PNC the Treloar mess was completely different
We got ourselves in cap mess by asking him to constantly extend another year and it finally caught up with us
Grundy is different the reports are it’s he who wants out so if we decide to let him go then it will be on our terms
We won’t be paying $300k Wright made a statement as did the new president when appointed it will never happen again (paying a player to play elsewhere)
The media are being fed this tripe by Grundy’s management trying to force our hand
Wright is way to smart for that
Ned Guy wasn’t and he got us into this mess being the Treloar departure and Grundy deal
I’m not too sure Ned Guy is solely to blame; Ned was the fall guy (excuse the pun) as well. Who was the Football Manager who allowed this to occur? Seems to me he got off scott free when blame is to be apportioned.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

The board ticked it off, more than one person to blame.
stui magpie
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by stui magpie »

The silly season started early and will go into overdrive post finals when there's nothing else to write about.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 50 times

Post by warburton lad »

The drums are beating very loudly with a variety of stories about Grundy.

Some say that he is definitely out the door.

Others say that he is looking for a 'career-best' year at the Pies in 2023.

I get the obsession of the press with anything Collingwood but I would really like it if we drew a collective deep breath and calmed the farm around this.

We have a twice All-Australian ruckman who was a significant driver of the 2018/2019 campaigns who is contracted for another 5 years.

Yes, he is on significant wage but our club agreed to those terms a few years back.

After the fire-sale of a few years back, I am rather hoping that the Pies stick with Grundy and both parties honour the contract.

McStay/Frampton/Bobby Hill would each bring value to our club as would Hopper/Hartigan and Stocker but we must have the salary cap space to accomodate these guys.

It would not surprise me if Pendles/Sidey/Howe/Adams each took a pay cut to allow a few new bodies to come into the club.

Such is the spirit that is dwelling in the Club at present.

To achieve the ultimate, sacrifices need to be made; perhaps Grundy could renegotiate his contract to support the above??

Imagine the message such an action would send to the entire playing list

Selfless groups of players win more flags than groups of players who put themselves first.

Floreat Pica...
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
rad

Post by rad »

Heard a whisper that Luke Jackson is now considering staying at the Demons for 2 more years to win another premiership. He is also a huge West Coast fan and would rather go there than Freo.

If true. Grundy has run out of suitors unless the Hawks and I'm not sure why the Saints haven't yet put their hand up.

That would be Demons, Cats out.
Grundy ruled out Port and GWS.

Perhaps he stays for another year or two with us?
buzzlightyear

Post by buzzlightyear »

Buzz
Looking for sweet 16.....
Presti35
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by Presti35 »

rad wrote:If true. Grundy has run out of suitors unless the Hawks and I'm not sure why the Saints haven't yet put their hand up.

That would be Demons, Cats out.
Grundy ruled out Port and GWS.
Hawks have the better draft picks, so they suit me.

Heard a few days ago that Essendon were interested. Wonder if that's still the case.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

If only we heard these words coming from Sam Draper; "I want to play for Collingwood from 2023 onwards"
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Essendon will offer Michael Hurley in straight swap. That’s their idea of negotiating.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Pies4shaw wrote:Essendon will offer Michael Hurley in straight swap. That’s their idea of negotiating.
If we throw in Ginnivan and a few picks, they might give us Tippa too. But only if we pay 95% of their contracts and chip in 25% of Merretts contract too.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Both Grundy and JDG will stay, thats my gut feeling, most of this is just media frenzy hyperbole, by hack journos like dickhead slobbo and ambulance chaser Barrett, and other nerd so called headline hunting journos.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

It’s a bit weird only a few clubs are showing interest. My money is he stays, opposition don’t want the huge salary unless we pay half. And we told them they’re dreaming. Or a deal has been done and we must wait until October. Wouldn’t North be throwing themselves at him? Unless they’re still filthy at us for our last trade.
Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

I suspect it's gone down like this. I may well be wrong... A club has asked the question about Reg at some point during the season. We said, so what would the exchange look like? Word has then gotten out and others joined in the conversation. Nothing to date has come near what we would expect out of it. Reg stays at Pieland.
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Pies2016 »

There’s a bit of irony in not wanting to give another strong club a leg up but IF Grundy goes anywhere, you most likely want him going to the Dees. The Dees is where our best return would lie, both in terms of the trade and mitigating the amount we would contribute to to his existing contract.
Grundy going to the Dees is all dependent on Jackson on moving onto Freo and I also heard last week ( Dees players parent ) that Jackson was having difficulty coming to grips with leaving Melbourne.
Having said that, should Jackson leave, the Dees would be left with heaps of cap space and prime draft picks coming back from the Dockers. Melbourne’s multiple picks and the gaping hole in their cap makes them the ideal club to get the best return on any Grundy trade.
Point being, if Jackson goes, I reckon Grundy also moves on but should Jackdon stay, I’m not convinced Grundy goes anywhere.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “