Post Match. Pies superb in Semi victory. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

DT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by DT »

Noble was terrific again. He has played two very good matches. Is he faultless? No. But McRae is not about perfection, he is about dare, and Noble personifies this.

IQ - love IQ but he is struggling. I hope he picks up as we need him back in better form.

McCreery - terrific team player and has his head in the game always, like Ginnivan. Yes, ideally he can hit the scoreboard more.

AJ - super talent, what a story to be playing so well. Yes, he missed two sitters but he’ll improve and may surprise a few next week.

Most of the team are in form, especially our key players
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
Jezza
Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

slangman wrote:
Jezza wrote:Fremantle are a solid team so to dismantle them the way we did was impressive.
I like what you did there
I liked that you noticed :wink:
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Ginni's opening goal resulted in probably the loudest roar I've ever heard at the G. Would love to know what that read on the decibel meter
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
dalyc

Post by dalyc »

90 nice wrote:Only 1 change for Sydney is out noble and in Carmichael
Unless Noble is injured that’s never going to happen.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Collingwood was never likely to make it according to Kane Cornes.
I heard this from him from week to week. But "hey Kane", time is running out and we are still in it!

In this week's report he must have been spewing when he effectively admits
(with absolutely no smile on his cold, brazen face) that Collingwood could be in the Grand Final.

"High Octane Pies"
https://www.afl.com.au/video/841006/hig ... 2843600001
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
duggieboy
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by duggieboy »

I'm surmising AJ could be vital for our chances next week, with the way he leads & marks.

I just always see Syd as very strong defensively - would be very interested if some of those who get to see their set up more often, had any comments on this.

If I'm not barking up the wrong tree, is this game going to come down to our attack mode vs their staunch defense?
duggieboy
Has liked: 13 times

Post by duggieboy »

p.s AJ doesn't miss hardly any set shots
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:Ginni's opening goal resulted in probably the loudest roar I've ever heard at the G. Would love to know what that read on the decibel meter
The roar for Ginni’s head high free was louder! :D
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

With all those missed shots I kind of felt watching from home that the Collingwood crowd never really got the chance to fully unleash and explode in rapture like they wanted.

Total tease we were last night.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
1eyedpie
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by 1eyedpie »

swoop42 wrote:With all those missed shots I kind of felt watching from home that the Collingwood crowd never really got the chance to fully unleash and explode in rapture like they wanted.

THIS!

It sought of fizzled out in the last qtr with Freo kicking the last three goals of the game.

The crowd was very loud earlier though!
Never disperse your focus unless absolutely necessary. Face one adversary at a time!

BARRACK HARD!
buzzlightyear

Post by buzzlightyear »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:Ginni's opening goal resulted in probably the loudest roar I've ever heard at the G. Would love to know what that read on the decibel meter
The roar for Ginni’s head high free was louder! :D
That will be his last free kick this September! We all celebrated like it was too!!
Buzz
Looking for sweet 16.....
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

inxs88 wrote: Noble was awful. Simply awful
You need to stand in front of your mirror and tell the dude looking back at you that he is dreaming
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

1eyedpie wrote:
swoop42 wrote:With all those missed shots I kind of felt watching from home that the Collingwood crowd never really got the chance to fully unleash and explode in rapture like they wanted.

THIS!

It sought of fizzled out in the last qtr with Freo kicking the last three goals of the game.

The crowd was very loud earlier though!
I was doing some serious swearing at the TV. We played beautifully and had them covered everywhere but couldn't put them away on the scoreboard.

FIIK what happened, Johnson and WHE are usually very good set shots. If we do that against Sydney, we lose.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

In complete contrast, the broadcast background noise was controlled to death, as if we were watching the royal funeral. It was annoying to hear the commentators going on about the crowd noise, but being completely unable to get a sense of it.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm