Sooo, will YOU Booo Grundy ?

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Never say never Stui boy. It ain't over til the rotund soprano utters forth the climax.
Get back on top.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

He's officially unofficially gawn.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 79 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ Where’s the evidence of that? The Coach knows how to do the coaching job but our recruiting and drafting has been, for the most part, shitful. It may be better this year but I’m inclined to wait and see.
Interesting Buckley said today in SEN the football department and list management had knocked back Grundy’s management initial contract demand only for it to be taken out there hands and decided upon using Buckley’s words “people above his pay grade”
Buckley went on to say he isn’t overly surprised the club and Grundy reached this decision
He doesn’t believe we will be paying $300k he believes that’s media hype
On a side note $300k represents 1.77% of our TPP allowed
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

The board we cleaned out were the ones who overreached. They’re not missed.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Second rounder for Grundy??????

We must be not paying any of his wages then, or very little.

Would much prefer to pay more of his wages and get a first rounder.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

If he goes, a second rounder is an absolute joke, and an insult to our Club, play hard ball Magpies, real hard ball, second rounder is vomit stuff, peanuts, do not get bent over by these snobby toffs, demand far more than that, or they can get stuffed.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:^ Where’s the evidence of that? The Coach knows how to do the coaching job but our recruiting and drafting has been, for the most part, shitful. It may be better this year but I’m inclined to wait and see.
Interesting Buckley said today in SEN the football department and list management had knocked back Grundy’s management initial contract demand only for it to be taken out there hands and decided upon using Buckley’s words “people above his pay grade”
Buckley went on to say he isn’t overly surprised the club and Grundy reached this decision
Couldn't care less about the "he said/she said" of all of this, save - I suppose - that it serves to confirm how little control Buckley managed to maintain over the football program. His view now is irrelevant - if he didn't want this deal done, he should have drawn a line in the sand - and walked if they didn't do what he wanted. Imagine Bill Belichick letting people "above his pay grade" make decisions of that significance at the New England Patriots without his agreement.

Meanwhile, the AFL site is reporting that Collingwood "is targeting" a top 25 pick (elsewhere referred to as "an early second round pick") and intending to pay a "meaningful" portion of Grundy's salary.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/854286/deal ... er-utility
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Piesnchess wrote:^ Yeh, but WHY is it always US who cops it, time after bloody time. ??
The shit happened to us 3 years ago, we are now righting the wrong and screwing over another top 4 side in the process, win-win!
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 79 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Pies4shaw wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Couldn't care less about the "he said/she said" of all of this, save - I suppose - that it serves to confirm how little control Buckley managed to maintain over the football program. His view now is irrelevant - if he didn't want this deal done, he should have drawn a line in the sand - and walked if they didn't do what he wanted. Imagine Bill Belichick letting people "above his pay grade" make decisions of that significance at the New England Patriots without his agreement.

Jimmy G says hello from the 49ers
Short term memory loss ole mate ?
Brady went to Kraft said it’s him or me
Belicheck had already decided to move on from Brady
Brady stayed (albeit temporarily) Jimmy G went to the opposite side of the country
So my point is it happens to the best of coaches being overused by the powers that be
Personally I feel like Buckley was making the point that all decisions made aren’t always what the coach or football department wants
Presti35
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

magpieazza wrote:Second rounder for Grundy??????

We must be not paying any of his wages then, or very little.

Would much prefer to pay more of his wages and get a first rounder.
I'd prefer to get his contract off the books.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

Second rounder? For a bloke we just paid a million a year for. God how much did we **** up!!!
Laughable really.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Why I was very keen for a board clean out last year.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Ill try and be calm
Last edited by magpieazza on Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

Geez peeps, relax! $300k doesn’t even get you a player on minimum wage these days!

AND as I stated in another thread, in 2 years time when the TV rights kick in, the salary cap goes up and the $300k becomes an even smaller % of total payments!!

There are %$^ loads of players being paid by their ex club. Much more than you would think!!
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Big T »

Let's calm the farm. Media hype. And in Wright we trust.
Buon Giorno