Sooo, will YOU Booo Grundy ?

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Why cant grundy take a pay cut at Collingwood then.

This deal is rigged.

Collingwood please keep Grundy.

Pay cut its that simple.

Cancel his current contract and re do it this time do it right.
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

David wrote:
derkd wrote:Players can be just as cut throat to clubs. Look at Jason Horne-Francis....he has put in 1 year of effort to North, now wants out...yes I get it North probably isn't a great place to play at the moment...but jeez kid, you owe them 2 years at the very least.
To be fair, Buckley did the same. And I'm not sure a second year before leaving would be that much consolation. It's reasonable to hope to get a decade or more out of a number one pick.
That is true he did, the difference is Buckley was a down the line bull who gave one-hundred per cent. JHF, gee his attitude at some points this season was a worry, once again dont want to be overly critical because it was a hard year. If he does have to stay at North for another year ...well hope to see a bit more vigour....the kid has talent to burn.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

IF ONLY, my one shred of hope left is, on big trades day now on, there is still NO word from the Club or Grundy on just what is going on, leaving or not, no Official word, so maybe, just maybe, an 11th hour new Contract deal is raging on inside the inner sanctum of the club, perhaps. ?
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

90 nice wrote:Why cant grundy take a pay cut at Collingwood then.

This deal is rigged.

Collingwood please keep Grundy.

Pay cut its that simple.

Cancel his current contract and re do it this time do it right.
Sadly it has gone too far down the path now. Grundy has he head around going, Collingwood is in the process of spending the cap he frees.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Yep i agree there Piesnchess its a matter of a new contract deal with grundy this time a much professional contract and not pie in the sky stuff the last admin did.

Time to get real and get it done right.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

think positive wrote:i dunno, aparrently hes taking a pay cut to go, i have a feeling its about attitude as well as cap space

meh, im trusting in McCrae,

at his best yes Grundy makes us so much better....at his best
Yep, I just want him to go to North not a team in the premiership window especially Melbourne.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

David wrote:
derkd wrote:Players can be just as cut throat to clubs. Look at Jason Horne-Francis....he has put in 1 year of effort to North, now wants out...yes I get it North probably isn't a great place to play at the moment...but jeez kid, you owe them 2 years at the very least.
To be fair, Buckley did the same. And I'm not sure a second year before leaving would be that much consolation. It's reasonable to hope to get a decade or more out of a number one pick.
But Buckley went to Brisbane with them knowing he was only coming for a year.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

think positive wrote:
Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:What's all that about? If he is willing to take a paycut, I wonder there is some truth to him having other issues at the Club?

Posted this back in June; the fire has proven to be smokey and the jungle drums correct in their prognostications
Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote: I dunno Stui, no smoke without fire!
ah yes someone else said it too!
It could also be realising the situation that Grundy said (knowing the pies were wanting to free up money from a long term commitment) that Grundy will offer to be paid less to allow:

1. Pies to have $ for JDG;
2. Bring in McStay, Hill & ? Mitchell; and,
3. Pay less per year to Melbourne to allow #1 & #2 above to occur with further increases to the pies flexibility.

It became a win win situation (although I’m pissed off we’re not getting a high value first round draft pick for him which seems to be the case)
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Haff wrote:^ this is it unfortunately. Anyone involved should never be showed back through the doors. And I mean anyone.
Does that extend to Bucks and the former President?

A lot of blame and humble pie to be shared out, as much by some posters on this board as by the former admin, blind Freddie could see the error of those contract lengths and sizes
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

I just feel sorry for blokes like Oliver and Petracca who took unders to keep a premiership side together and now their premiership window will be slammed shut for 5+ years.

Great for Mount Buller though
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Grundys Contract ?? Reminds me of the move WILLIE WONKA CHOCOLATE FACTORY, the dodgy Used car salesman guy says " Dont talk to me about Contracts, Wonka, I use em all the time, they are for suckers. " Looks like the Club is the suckers. ?!
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

90 nice wrote:Yep i agree there Piesnchess its a matter of a new contract deal with grundy this time a much professional contract and not pie in the sky stuff the last admin did.

Time to get real and get it done right.

You are making too much commonsense now. :)

23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Agree Haff.

McGuire Buckley Sanderson Harvey Walsh Guy etc.... never to be welcome back at Collingwood.

NEVER
The General
Has liked: 3 times

Post by The General »

David wrote:
Not quite 100% correct.

Buckley was drafted when list sizes were 52. So clubs threw a blanket over a lot of kids hoping they would come good. Which is what happened with Buckley.

He spent his first year on Brisbane's list playing SANFL for Port Adelaide. Played his 2nd year with Brisbane and was very clear that he wanted to be traded to Collingwood at the end of the year. Brisbane were aware of this but still wanted him to play his second year with them.

The rest is history.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

90 nice wrote:Agree Haff.

McGuire Buckley Sanderson Harvey Walsh Guy etc.... never to be welcome back at Collingwood.

NEVER
:shock: :shock: :shock: