2022 Trade Period. (COMPLETED)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

It’s not disposal count that’s the thing

It’s what your disposal efficiency is

Treloar a prime example of that
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Pies4shaw wrote:IMO, Mitchell is a liability. I have seen him have 50 disposal games where the opposition would have preferred he had 70 because he was so woefully ineffective. He cost the Swans the 2016 flag - although you'd never know it by looking at his stats - they make it look like he was one of the top couple of players on the ground but he failed in every crucial contest.
Which game?

1. 54 possessions against Collingwood where he also had 27 contested possessions, 9 clearances, 8 inside 50's and picked up 3 Brownlow votes?

2. 50 possessions against Collingwood where he had 22 contested possessions, 8 tackles and again got 3 Brownlow votes

3. 50 possessions against GWS where he has 13 tackles, 9 clearances, 7 inside 50s and got 2 Brownlow votes
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

BazBoy wrote:It’s not disposal count that’s the thing

It’s what your disposal efficiency is

Treloar a prime example of that
Mitchell will be an improvement over T Adams and De Goey. And if you're splitting hairs, Treloar would an improvement over Adams and De Goey too by that metric.
Presti35
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by Presti35 »

Only 3 days of trade left. (Mon-Wed).

Lots to squeeze in. Final day runs until 7:30... will be televised on foxfooty I believe.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
58pie

Post by 58pie »

Hope someone comes to their senses & Never I repeat Never pay one of OUR players to play for someone else and surely not last years premiers. I loved watching Grundy play and I am sure his best will return. Cut some money on some on the list that will never help us win a Premiership. 4 or 5 on our list are not gonna do it. Go Pies
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

What'sinaname wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:IMO, Mitchell is a liability. I have seen him have 50 disposal games where the opposition would have preferred he had 70 because he was so woefully ineffective. He cost the Swans the 2016 flag - although you'd never know it by looking at his stats - they make it look like he was one of the top couple of players on the ground but he failed in every crucial contest.
Which game?

1. 54 possessions against Collingwood where he also had 27 contested possessions, 9 clearances, 8 inside 50's and picked up 3 Brownlow votes?

2. 50 possessions against Collingwood where he had 22 contested possessions, 8 tackles and again got 3 Brownlow votes

3. 50 possessions against GWS where he has 13 tackles, 9 clearances, 7 inside 50s and got 2 Brownlow votes
He was terrible in all 3. I remember one particular game against Collingwood. The 'pies won easily and Pendlebury, Adams, Sidebottom and - yes even - Treloar owned them out of the centre all day - but for some bizarre reason, Mitchell got the votes.
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

He got all 10 coaches vote in the 54 possession game, 5 votes in one of the 50 possession game and 8 votes in the other 50 possession game.

Terrible!
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ You're entitled to any view you like but you're not going to deter me from mine by talking about the votes in games in which I recall Mitchell being laughable.

He's a soft, useless %$^%$ but, you know, he can be given Woewoeful's number if he arrives.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Even tho Wednesday is close of trade there would be constant text/phone & emails over the weekend
GW would be burning the midnight oil mates
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Just saw the ordinary highlights of Fiorini.
Wasn't aware we were interested in trading another small/medium forward!
Why not use Henry? (since miserly Geelong waiting to swap for a packet of chips).
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
piedys
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by piedys »

Presti35 wrote:Only 3 days of trade left. (Mon-Wed).

Lots to squeeze in. Final day runs until 7:30... will be televised on foxfooty I believe.
What's the bet all we see on monday and tuesday is more dick waving and postulating, resulting in Mexican stand-offs?

Then the triggers get pulled late weds only when the sands through the hour-glass start thinning out, thus clubs cramming everything out at the last minute.

I say this year after year: reduce trade period to monday-friday, and only extended to a 6th day [monday] with AFL permission, to finalise any deals.
That way clubs unofficially have saturday and sunday to kick around scenarios with each other off the clock.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by Big T »

piedys wrote:
Presti35 wrote:Only 3 days of trade left. (Mon-Wed).

What's the bet all we see on monday and tuesday is more dick waving and postulating, resulting in Mexican stand-offs?

Then the triggers get pulled late weds only when the sands through the hour-glass start thinning out, thus clubs cramming everything out at the last minute.

I say this year after year: reduce trade period to monday-friday, and only extended to a 6th day [monday] with AFL permission, to finalise any deals.
That way clubs unofficially have saturday and sunday to kick around scenarios with each other off the clock.
I reckon one night at the pub, unlimited alcohol, trades finish before the sun comes up, no requirement to remember deals made, as long as a bystander can vouch for the deal eg a stripper
Buon Giorno
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Adelaide think on taking Poulter

Frampton wants to join Pies

A swap ???
rosspies

Post by rosspies »

I believe Mitchell would be the best recruit so far. All the recruits we are looking at or got in so far are c grade players at best. We could turn around our clearance issues with highlights like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJF47Z6k0ag
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Think C grade a bit harsh