Sooo, will YOU Booo Grundy ?

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

millanedaicos

Post by millanedaicos »

Luke Jackson/Mark Blicavs player is the clone most clubs are after - do we already have one in Aiden Begg? Grundy implications?
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Not I’n the evidence I’ve seen in one game
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Damien wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:I think Mitchell improves us more than Grundy.
I think we’ve all quickly forgotten how good he is cos we went without him all year. But I think he’s gone.
I think some people have forgotten how shit he was for the last 2.5 years cos he didn’t play most of this year they’re still remembering 2018…

Pick 27 and Melbourne pay him the full $5 million and we’d be laughing.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

OK Eddie, we get it that you don't like Grundy. I suggest people realise that Grundy is one bloke who clearly struggled during the lockdowns and footy hub life. Remember not long ago he was rated the best or 2nd best ruck in the comp. Sure he has his limitations, but I'll tell you one thing, if he had been playing in our Prelim game, we'd have beaten the Swans.

It's pretty clear a deal will be done with the Dees, but imo I'd prefer to keep him. In fact, if the rules allow it, I'd extend his contract for another year on shit money and seek to spread it all out over the next 6 yrs, thus providing us some salary cap relief. It ain't gonna happen, but that would be my preferred option.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

millanedaicos wrote:Luke Jackson/Mark Blicavs player is the clone most clubs are after - do we already have one in Aiden Begg? Grundy implications?
Incorrect The Card Table Leg will be greater than both of them and also can make better toasted cheese and spinach sandwiches.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by piffdog »

Speculation the Pies now playing hardball. Who blinks first?

1. Presume we can fit under the cap if he stays?
2. Presume we couldn't afford Fiorini or Mitchell (but maybe wouldn't need them?)
3. Any implications if he stays on the Frampton trade (we still need another tall defender)
4. How much bad blood is there?
5. If we cant do the deal and leave time for Fiorini and Mitchell should we still do the deal?

Can see this one going down to the last half an hour tomorrow night.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
mattdally
Has liked: 1 time

Post by mattdally »

Grundy is currently under the cap - his next 5 years are included in the cap already.
If we trade him and $750k of his salary we can bring in Mitchell and or Fiorini.
I'm now torn on this. If the return isn't great why can't we keep Brodie and play him as first ruck. McStay / Cameron / Cox / Krueger are fine back ups and Begg will need more development time.

Mitchell on the other hand offers us something we don't have - an elite extractor of the pill who accumulates the ball. Does he fit in with our kamikaze style? Only Fly will be able to answer that.

Not fussed about Fiorini - he looks like a plodder - another high draft pick who hasn't really done anything of note.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

^^^^

Wonder why Collingwood is wasting time considering a plodder? Surely he is not the “best available”, which is the mantra that Wrighty repeats? Could we do better in our current situation than get a plodder list clogger?
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

RudeBoy wrote:OK Eddie, we get it that you don't like Grundy. I suggest people realise that Grundy is one bloke who clearly struggled during the lockdowns and footy hub life. Remember not long ago he was rated the best or 2nd best ruck in the comp. Sure he has his limitations, but I'll tell you one thing, if he had been playing in our Prelim game, we'd have beaten the Swans.

It's pretty clear a deal will be done with the Dees, but imo I'd prefer to keep him. In fact, if the rules allow it, I'd extend his contract for another year on shit money and seek to spread it all out over the next 6 yrs, thus providing us some salary cap relief. It ain't gonna happen, but that would be my preferred option.
Correct weight.
Get back on top.
Geek

Post by Geek »

eddiesmith wrote:
Damien wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:I think Mitchell improves us more than Grundy.
I think we’ve all quickly forgotten how good he is cos we went without him all year. But I think he’s gone.
I think some people have forgotten how shit he was for the last 2.5 years cos he didn’t play most of this year they’re still remembering 2018…

Pick 27 and Melbourne pay him the full $5 million and we’d be laughing.
Lol..... Yeah he was really shit.

He was fine. Not $1 million fine and there's better ways to spend the money. But to call his work shit is ridiculous.
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

eddiesmith wrote:I think some people have forgotten how shit he was for the last 2.5 years cos he didn’t play most of this year they’re still remembering 2018…
In 5 of his 6 games this season he was ranked in the top handful of pies players. How shit was that? It's clear who has forgotten....
I find your lack of faith disturbing
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Geek wrote: Lol..... Yeah he was really shit.
He was fine. Not $1 million fine and there's better ways to spend the money. But to call his work shit is ridiculous.
Put it this way then, Grundy’s form deteriorated badly after signing the new contract. Stick to the facts.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Geek

Post by Geek »

lazzadesilva wrote:
Geek wrote: Lol..... Yeah he was really shit.
Put it this way then, Grundy’s form deteriorated badly after signing the new contract. Stick to the facts.
Huh?

What "facts" did I fail to stick to?
The General
Has liked: 3 times

Post by The General »

tbaker wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:I think some people have forgotten how shit he was for the last 2.5 years cos he didn’t play most of this year they’re still remembering 2018…
In 5 of his 6 games this season he was ranked in the top handful of pies players. How shit was that? It's clear who has forgotten....

Just for the record, these are Grundy's stats for the six games he played this year.....

Round..................Kicks...HB...Dis...M...HO...T...Goals
1 vs St Kilda...........9.......8....17.....2...37....5...0
2 vs Adelaide.........4......11....15.....2...29....2...1
3 vs Geelong.........11......9.....20.....0...24....8...0
4 vs WC Eagles.....14......5....19......5...33....6...0
5 vs Lions...............6.......8....14......0...26...0...0
6 vs Essendon........9.......7....16.....6....33...2...1

Which don't look too bad. Not $1mil per year good, just not too bad.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

watt price tully wrote:So Melbourne are telling us to get stuffed for way unders. Let’s hang on to him. The fuchsia’s are nothing more than entitled prats (add Geelong to the mix)

All part of the unseemly trade week. I’m sick to death of “time will tell” and other truisms.

Jack Niall in the Age said Melb have reneged on the deal, and are now trying to dud us with a shitpence pick, and Wright is furious. Whole deal now in jeopardy. Stuff them, we must be duly and decently compensated, none of this penny any shit they are offering. Hold out to the bitter end, make the bastards sweat bullets, same as Handbags Geebung, stuff them too. :o :x
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.