Sooo, will YOU Booo Grundy ?

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Haff wrote:Let that be the end of the Ned Guy and mates fiasco and we can now move forward as a club!

We have just made one of our main competitors a lot stronger. **** that is. I trust we are not paying one cent of his contract for this shitpence deal. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Joel

Post by Joel »

mattdally wrote:Let's hope the Dees took on $900k of the $1m
This. You would hope we relented due to salary.
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Gutted. Peter Moore style gutted.
Get back on top.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

All the best to Thor, he’s a different cat and I’m okay with that.

But Melbourne can get effed if we’re paying salary and just get 27 in return. Feels like we were bent over and ripped off by dodgy door to door UK tradies. This should be on A Current Affair as a con job
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

I have NO words, I expected better of Wright, just gutted, we will rue the day we accepted this shitty "deal". one lousy shit pick, to make them an even better team. We never learn. Ever.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Jezza
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 196 times

Post by Jezza »

Thanks for the memories, Brodie.

Always sad when a good servant of the club departs.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
BBHS
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by BBHS »

Fantastic fella good luck Brodie. It is Grundy IT IS!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

Sounds like we blinked. Very disappointing outcome, particularly when we had leverage. Pick 27 is a joke for an AA ruckman at the peak of his career and we should never have accepted it.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
nomadjack

Post by nomadjack »

Has been a great servant and sorry to see him go. 27 is unders but interested to know how many games people think he has left in him?
Marvelos

Post by Marvelos »

Now watch us fold for massive unders re Henery.
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

I just dont feel like this is a disaster. I wanted a first rounder but we just didnt have a strong hand.
This is a bold move. Thanks Broadie.

Now, I really hope we dont blink on Henry.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by piffdog »

Thanks to your contribution to the club Brody and all the best. I genuinely wish you well.

I really liked the late goal to sink Richmond, but favourite moment was the run down the wing Rd 4 2018 leading to a goal. Felt like our season came alive from that moment in an upset victory.

Hopefully this allows us to get all the deals done that we want to get done.

To all the posters who are lamenting how unstoppable we have made Melbourne: how many flags did adding Buddy to the Swans deliver? From the way they played in the second half of this year, another good ruckman is unlikely to be the difference. I still don't know how they intend to play both Gawn and Grundy - when neither of them is a forward half weapon in their spare time.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

David wrote:Sounds like we blinked. Very disappointing outcome, particularly when we had leverage. Pick 27 is a joke for an AA ruckman at the peak of his career and we should never have accepted it.
You cant ignore the $$ anymore. 700k off the books better spent elsewhere is what the club thought and thats the path we're going down.

Perhaps we have a massive target next season? Time will tell.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by piffdog »

David wrote:Sounds like we blinked. Very disappointing outcome, particularly when we had leverage. Pick 27 is a joke for an AA ruckman at the peak of his career and we should never have accepted it.
On paper at least should be at the peak of his career... We'll never truly know what offloading him facilitates, but I think history on this one will take a little while longer to be written.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Haff wrote:I just dont feel like this is a disaster. I wanted a first rounder but we just didnt have a strong hand.
This is a bold move. Thanks Broadie.

Now, I really hope we dont blink on Henry.

Huh ?? I can see us getting shafted over him too, and caving in for jack shit. We never learn to play hard ball , ever. :o :roll: