Sooo, will YOU Booo Grundy ?

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

AND, to rub salt into the wound, we also pay $300K of his yearly contract too ?? Jeezus, Melb must be cracking a bottle of champers now, have screwed us right royally. Took us to the cleaners.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Why weren’t North etc chasing him? I don’t think they’re too keen to trade with us again after Jayden and Atu ;)
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Reported Dees will pay $700K per year over 5 years. So what’s that 150-200K for us?
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
gurugeoff
Been liked: 4 times

Post by gurugeoff »

As already stated, no one else was interested - hard to get the best price at an auction with only one bidder.

I think we did well getting pick 27, rather than doing a bowes and having to give Melbourne a pick.

We can draft the best available mature ruckman at the coming drafts. He can’t mistime his centre square bounces any worse than grundy
melliot

Post by melliot »

Or screwed twice over?
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Seeing people blaming Bucks for Grundy’s huge contract. /facepalm Coach has little to no say, and Bucks is on record saying he protested, but it was the board who overruled. Thank god we cleaned the board out
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Shameful outcome for the Club. Pick 27. What a **** up.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Johnno75 wrote:Reported Dees will pay $700K per year over 5 years. So what’s that 150-200K for us?
It's the purchase price for the vaseline.
Geek

Post by Geek »

Johnno75 wrote:Reported Dees will pay $700K per year over 5 years. So what’s that 150-200K for us?
200 to 250 in some quarters. 300 in others. There was talk about his final 2 years not being as pricey as the first 5

Regardless, if Melb is paying him 700, then that is what has been taken off our books. Not ideal but it allows us to recruit for other needs and maybe have a little left over to prepay some of Jordy or Moore's contracts
melliot

Post by melliot »

Have to admit, last 5 years has been a cluster F of list management. Beams, Treloar, Grundy, Stephenson.

We've done better in mid season draft and rookie drafts, than trade, FA, orhigh picks.

Imagine if we could get the main part right!
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

melliot wrote:Have to admit, last 5 years has been a cluster F of list management. Beams, Treloar, Grundy, Stephenson.

We've done better in mid season draft and rookie drafts, than trade, FA, orhigh picks.

Imagine if we could get the main part right!
I'm hoping thats it now. No more. Line in the sand. Ship has been righted.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

Is that the last vestige of the previous administration? Hope so.

Onwards and Upwards.

What Wright did today reminds me of this scene.

Vincent:
A "please" would be nice.

The Wolf:
Come again?

Vincent:
I said a "please" would be nice.

The Wolf:
Get it straight, Buster. I'm not here to say "please". I'm here to tell you what to do. And if self-preservation is an instinct you possess, you better f***ing do it and do it quick. I'm here to help. If my help's not appreciated, lots of luck, gentlemen.

Jules:
No no, Mr. Wolfe, it's not like that. Your help is definitely appreciated.

Vincent:
Look, Mr. Wolfe, I respect you. I just don't like people barking orders at me, that's all.

The Wolf:
If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast, and I need you two guys to act fast if you want to get out of this. So pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the f***ing car.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

Our dealing is disgraceful.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 153 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

I have the same feelings as when Peter Moore left.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

The only thing I'm grimly hanging onto is that Wrighty let Buddy walk in 2013 and it didn't halt the Hawks.
Get back on top.