2022 Trade Period. (COMPLETED)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

Pies4shaw wrote:
Haff wrote:Upsetting P4S more, apparently we could afford him and everyone else we’ve bought in for the the next few seasons. This is a mid-long term play.
This doesn't upset me - to the contrary, it's what I've been posting here consistently since the Treloar/Phillips/Stephenson trading. There never was a salary cap crisis at Collingwood - just various salary allocations they wanted to handle a different way.

To be clear, whether Grundy stayed or went is just a business decision, to be assessed like any other. My concern is that the deal was a demonstrably poor one. The Club has managed this badly, obviously talking him down over a period of 12 months and accepting SFA for him. As a business transaction, it was below hopeless. They have covered themselves with excrement - not because they've moved Grundy on but because they've done so quite ineptly.
Maybe, but if we turn Grundy into Max King or Logan McDonald then it will be worth it IMO.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
mattdally
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by mattdally »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Chasing big fish next year apparently.
Which fish would that be?
scoobydoo
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by scoobydoo »

Haff wrote:He’s on SEN now and Gazy asked a great question. “Did Collingwood cock in his contract”.
Straight bat but between the lines it’s yes.
Upsetting P4S more, apparently we could afford him and everyone else we’ve bought in for the the next few seasons. This is a mid-long term play.
I’m guessing there is a big big fish we have out sights set on.
Like we needed confirmation that it was a shit deal
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Do we now have the money to entice Mitchell from Hawthorn and more importantly let's say we do get Mitchell, are we going to be on the edge of our salary cap spend for the next several years and unable to score a big fish (like a Tom Lynch or Jeremy Cameron)?
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:Do we now have the money to entice Mitchell from Hawthorn and more importantly let's say we do get Mitchell, are we going to be on the edge of our salary cap spend for the next several years and unable to score a big fish (like a Tom Lynch or Jeremy Cameron)?
No, becuase a, it wont be a massive deal, and b, Sqwarks will be paying for lots of it so it almost nets out the number were paying for Grundy.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

piffdog wrote:Id really like to see Mitchell come in just to provide a bit more cover at the contest. Surely with Grundy out this is a slam dunk?
If we are to cover Adams until mid-season, I'd view acquiring Mitchell as critical. We currently have a void on our list as to another player than can adequately over Adams role.
The leaderhip and experience he would bring to share with our developing players would be an additional benefit.

Fiorini might offer an alternative if terms can't be agreed on Mitchell.
There's a big difference there though. One has black type form, the other has rarely gone to the big city for a run.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Presti35
Has liked: 393 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by Presti35 »

mattdally wrote:
Sam Draper, Essendon.

just guessing.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
slangman
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by slangman »

Presti35 wrote:
mattdally wrote:
Sam Draper, Essendon.

just guessing.
Aaron Naughton?
- Side By Side -
Presti35
Has liked: 393 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by Presti35 »

It’s believed if the Cats can obtain pick 33 for Esava Ratugolea, they could add that pick into the Henry deal and get it done. (With pick 25).

Meanwhile Collingwood will not pursue Brayden Fiorini from Gold Coast, but still holds interest in Hawthorn’s Tom Mitchell.
So the final day should see us get Mitchell. Fiorini will not be traded for. And Henry.... well, unless we accept pick 25 and 33, there will be no deal.

Like I said in the other thread, lets get Mitchell done and go home.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
slangman
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by slangman »

Presti35 wrote:
It’s believed if the Cats can obtain pick 33 for Esava Ratugolea, they could add that pick into the Henry deal and get it done. (With pick 25).

Meanwhile Collingwood will not pursue Brayden Fiorini from Gold Coast, but still holds interest in Hawthorn’s Tom Mitchell.
So the final day should see us get Mitchell. Fiorini will not be traded for. And Henry.... well, unless we accept pick 25 and 33, there will be no deal.

Like I said in the other thread, lets get Mitchell done and go home.
Wright should walk out of the room as soon as pick 25 is mentioned.
Unless it’s points that we’re after, pick 33 is as speculative as spin the bottle in the dark.
- Side By Side -
piffdog
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by piffdog »

I’m sure many others have listened to Wrighty on SEN this arvo - Pies had planned to get in McStay, Frampton and Hill, AND keep Jordy and Grundy…

Adds more weight to the idea that Grundy leaving is as much about the future as now. Hopefully points to more aggressive recruiting in the next year or two.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Most opinions I hear from others and Collingwood supporters are that we have been Royally screwed. Hard to disagree.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

I agree, the Grundy trade is gonna come back to bite us on the ass.

I wasn’t too concerned with Treloar, (I think he’s shit) but now we’re paying 2 players to play against us elsewhere, not 1!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
scoobydoo
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by scoobydoo »

Who on nicks is contributing too Grundy’s & Treloars wages?
And how much are you contributing?