Sooo, will YOU Booo Grundy ?

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

DeadEyeDidak

Post by DeadEyeDidak »

Tributes? What is this an obituary?

Has he retired?

He's not a premiership hero or selfless team man.

This hero worshipping is exactly what is wrong with some of our supporter's culture.

He said his dream was always to be a pie for life but he threatened to leave to go to Adelaide at the end of 2019 to extract the best deal he could and hold us to ransom.

Tributes should be reserved for people like Presti, who was the poster boy of always, without question, putting the club first, which in turn delivered us a premiership.

And premierships are my main focus as a Collingwood member, not hero worshipping a selfish individual.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by ANNODAM »

This is gonna bite us on the ass.

Should’ve kept him, 2 players we are paying to be playing elsewhere.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Presti35
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

ANNODAM wrote: 2 players we are paying to be playing elsewhere.
Someone else was saying the Treloar payments have ended? Is that true?

And if its only 150-200k we're chipping on for Grundy, then oh well.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Treloar was contracted for 5yrs.

He’s been at the WB since 2021.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
AnthonyC
Been liked: 1 time

Post by AnthonyC »

ANNODAM wrote:This is gonna bite us on the ass.

I tend to agree with you.

We’ve seen plenty of talent leave over the years but I can’t help but feel that we might regret this.

Obviously could be wrong, and if pick #27 wins a couple of Copeland’s I’ll feel better.
Go Pies!
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

Grundys contract from us to them will be paid in one hit to a total of 650G , instead of 130G over the 5years henceforth the high pick of 27. A fantastic deal for us Collingwood magpie fans and not hero worshiping fans.
Consider this. How would we react if a former 2 time B&F, from 5 years ago a 2 time AA from 5 years ago came to us on 870G a year with a recent PCL and ankle surgery who has lilttle to no impact on games for the last 3 years for he’s former team and holding them to a kings ransom? I know I would be filthy to put it nicely.
no second chances
Peponi

Post by Peponi »

neil wrote:Been better to have traded him instead of his massive contract
Water under the bridge
Hopefully our club and supporters have learned no more huge contracts
Until we sign Nick Daicos for $2 million a year for 7 years…
Formerly LeighBrownBrigade
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Sensei Grundy wrote:
neil wrote:Been better to have traded him instead of his massive contract
Water under the bridge
Hopefully our club and supporters have learned no more huge contracts
Until we sign Nick Daicos for $2 million a year for 7 years…
Worth it
Fatui Attata

Post by Fatui Attata »

^^^^^
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm not the pheasant plucker I'm the pheasant plucker's son, and I'll be plucking pheasants til the pheasant plucker comes! "Try saying that with a mouthful of peanuts!!" Lou Richards
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

ANNODAM wrote:This is gonna bite us on the ass.

Ass? American spelling?
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

simon tonna wrote:Grundys contract from us to them will be paid in one hit to a total of 650G , instead of 130G over the 5years henceforth the high pick of 27. A fantastic deal for us Collingwood magpie fans and not hero worshiping fans.
Consider this. How would we react if a former 2 time B&F, from 5 years ago a 2 time AA from 5 years ago came to us on 870G a year with a recent PCL and ankle surgery who has lilttle to no impact on games for the last 3 years for he’s former team and holding them to a kings ransom? I know I would be filthy to put it nicely.
Fair points, I mean it’s still sad, but I can live with that. Certainly he wasn’t worth a million a year, not sure any player is, so yeah, 130k is a good result
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

simon tonna wrote:Grundys contract from us to them will be paid in one hit to a total of 650G , instead of 130G over the 5years henceforth the high pick of 27. A fantastic deal for us Collingwood magpie fans and not hero worshiping fans.
Fair points, I mean it’s still sad, but I can live with that. Certainly he wasn’t worth a million a year, not sure any player is, so yeah, 130k is a good result
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Wonka

Post by Wonka »

gurugeoff wrote:As already stated, no one else was interested - hard to get the best price at an auction with only one bidder.
Not a single club in the AFL was excited about the prospect of having Grundy play for them, and that includes Melbourne, who have basically swapped Jackson for Grundy but have acted as if the sky has fallen in, a sure sign that they rate Jackson very highly and Grundy not much.
Wonka

Post by Wonka »

qldmagpie67 wrote:A lot of differing opinions here
I posed a question a week or 2 ago and never really got a response

Ask yourself this question
If Grundy is such a highly rated ruckman and seen as so valuable why wouldn’t clubs like Hawthorne or North or St Kilda all be chasing him ?
They all have no recognisable ruck who is going to be around more around a year from now
They all have cap space and Grundy would suit there age profile (not too old but enough experience to be a role model for younger players)
As I said several times there’s more to this story than a pure salary cap dump
As someone already said, it's not a pure salary dump, it's a judgment by Collingwood that he cannot give any value for that money, so that money should be re-purposed for players that can.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Wonka wrote:
gurugeoff wrote:As already stated, no one else was interested - hard to get the best price at an auction with only one bidder.
Not a single club in the AFL was excited about the prospect of having Grundy play for them, and that includes Melbourne, who have basically swapped Jackson for Grundy but have acted as if the sky has fallen in, a sure sign that they rate Jackson very highly and Grundy not much.

Anybody mosyed over to the Deeees Bigfooty site, I wonder what their fans are saying bout this deal, with an injury prone Grundy joining them on huge coin, and losing a younger, fitter, Jackson ? Whats their take on all this. ? :?
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.