#7 Josh Daicos

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

daics aka the ruckman
Been liked: 3 times

Post by daics aka the ruckman »

When they showed the three goals last night they started daics half way into it. They missed the run to get the ball kicked over his head, gather possession and handball along the boundary. They started at the basketball tap and run.
go pies
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

I think Daicos should have won (degree of difficulty was higher) but had a feeling it'd be Draper.

To be fair, it's not so dissimilar to how everyone goes nuts whenever Mason Cox does something; must be tall privilege. :lol:
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

I was just watching the whole action of Josh,s goal and it’s #*” ludicrous to think that other Draper one was better

Prolly cracked the
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

David wrote:I think Daicos should have won (degree of difficulty was higher) but had a feeling it'd be Draper.

To be fair, it's not so dissimilar to how everyone goes nuts whenever Mason Cox does something; must be tall privilege. :lol:
But what if it was Mason Cox? Would it have even made the final three? Would the Essendon supporters say Cox deserved it?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
David

Post by David »

If he rucked his own ball in the centre and kicked a running goal in the same passage of play? I wouldn't be surprised at all for it to make the final three, but it also goes without saying that opposition supporters would talk it down.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

What if Gary Pert jumped on Gary Abletts head and dropped the mark?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
David

Post by David »

think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Yeah nah that’s not a mark, even in the older days when we caught a horse and cart to the footy, that was just shit umpiring, same old same old!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

daics aka the ruckman wrote:When they showed the three goals last night they started daics half way into it. They missed the run to get the ball kicked over his head, gather possession and handball along the boundary. They started at the basketball tap and run.
Exactly! It’s like only showing Micky McGuane’s goal from his 5th bounce.
David

Post by David »

think positive wrote:Yeah nah that’s not a mark, even in the older days when we caught a horse and cart to the footy, that was just shit umpiring, same old same old!
:lol: Was that the Whittlesea or Heidelberg line?
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 152 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Might JDaicos be our most underated player by supporters and opposition alike?
While attention has been heaped onto younger brother Nick, Josh's impact has also been profound after finding his way back onto the wing, culminating in 2022 AA Squad selection. It's not hard to see him going one step further in 2023.

I wonder if now, not being the only Daicos at the Club, might this have released the valve a little, and allowed him to focus purely on his role? He's made that wing his own, and along with Sidey, both appear to be now playing in the correct position.

Josh was in elite company by being included in the 2022 AA Squad, all as he sarts to enter his prime. A 2023 AA22 selection would be a great addition to his 2020* Goal of the Year / Phil Manassa Medal something he could hold over Nick, before he wins everything else.
( should have been his second, Round 19 2022 against the Bombers, c'mon, that was a clear winner https://youtu.be/zJC2AE4SFNM )

2020 for those feeling nostalgic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DgC2lW ... %27sVideos
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Take_a_Screamer
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

^^^ Thanks Laurie, what a memory of that goal against the Bombers.
Plus that boundary goal....how juicy was that!
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 152 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Magpietothemax wrote:Also, I think JDaicos is one who might well have a colossal breakout year. He is now approaching his prime: i feel that his time is nigh.
Magpietothemax, you may well be right. I thought Jaicos took that step in 2022, but the celing might be higher yet.
If he can at a minimum replicate season 2022, the emergence of Naicos and the introduction of Mitchell might just allow Jaicos to push higher again.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

LaurieHolden wrote:Might JDaicos be our most underated player by supporters and opposition alike?
While attention has been heaped onto younger brother Nick, Josh's impact has also been profound after finding his way back onto the wing, culminating in 2022 AA Squad selection. It's not hard to see him going one step further in 2023.

I wonder if now, not being the only Daicos at the Club, might this have released the valve a little, and allowed him to focus purely on his role? He's made that wing his own, and along with Sidey, both appear to be now playing in the correct position.

Josh was in elite company by being included in the 2022 AA Squad, all as he sarts to enter his prime. A 2023 AA22 selection would be a great addition to his 2020* Goal of the Year / Phil Manassa Medal something he could hold over Nick, before he wins everything else.
( should have been his second, Round 19 2022 against the Bombers, c'mon, that was a clear winner https://youtu.be/zJC2AE4SFNM )

2020 for those feeling nostalgic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DgC2lW ... %27sVideos
I endorse this post whole-heartedly.
Both Daicos boys have sublime skills, most importantly combined with a great work ethic. Perhaps ultimately, it may well eventuate that the only difference between the two may be that Naicos burst onto the scene with a spectacular first season, whereas Jaicos has been more of a slower burn?
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Kane Cornes declared ( “ the round so far “ on AFL app ) Josh Daicos is his choice for the best kick in the competition ( I’m paraphrasing here )
Anyone who picked up on Josh’s two perfect 40 metre LEFT foot kicks under pressure in the first quarter would have difficulty disagreeing with Cornes assessment. Josh’s ability to perfectly execute on his wrong foot is a potent weapon and I can only hope whoever is voting on the A A panel take that into account when they start to narrow down the best wingers in the competition.
If you can’t recall those kicks, go back and watch the first quarter. You won’t see two better kicks on the non preferred foot under pressure
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “