Post Match. Pies trump Tigers. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

ANNODAM wrote:I got the Trifecta yesterday.

Mets Opening Day ✅
Panthers Round 5 ✅
Collingwood Round 3 ✅

I hate McStay, wish we still had Grundy.
Yet we’d be 0-3 with Grundy and without Mitchell, Hill, McStay and Frampton.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Happy for the win and the four points at a very basic level. Not a memorable game or a high standard spectacle, in fact down right ugly at times in challenging wet conditions. We won, that is the main thing. Move on to better efforts, as McRae alluded to in his presser. Heaps of improvement left on that performance which will be needed when playing better teams.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

Do we play Tigers again this year-if so if Frampton lines up on Lynch then Lynch better fit a rear vision mirror as last night he spent a heck of a lot of time looking over his shoulder
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Eff you Ed Sheeran. Darcy out for 6-8 with MCL. Heard some players complaining about the surface
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

eddiesmith wrote:

Mets Opening Day ✅
Panthers Round 5 ✅
Collingwood Round 3 ✅

Correct weight.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Eff you Ed Sheeran. Darcy out for 6-8 with MCL. Heard some players complaining about the surface
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PGdBc4h_sM
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Pies4shaw wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:Eff you Ed Sheeran. Darcy out for 6-8 with MCL. Heard some players complaining about the surface
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PGdBc4h_sM

ED Sheeran, pffft, NOW if it had been Pink Floyd, or Eric Clapton, I could have lived with that. :o 8)
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Here is the incident. It happened on the existing turf, not the replaced turf, and as you can see, his leg is extended and I believe it is Nankervis making contact with the leg that hyperextended the knee.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

We definitely are unlucky with injuries to the big fellas. Howe, Begg, Cox, Cameron, Kreuger and Dean.

I agree that Oscar Steene will need more time to develop but maybe come in as the Sub?

Will Kelly should be next in line too, I believe he has been playing well on the wing in VFL.

Reefe should come in to play as a tall forward option.

Might also be time for Wilson to come back in.

It will probably be easier to cover down back with a Wilson or Markov and put Frampton in the ruck.

I liked the look of Frampton, actually might go well in ruck. Interesting times.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

You're right about Frampton magpieaza, but I think Fly would prefer he remain in defence and grow in confidence in that position. He's just played the best game of his life as a key defender, so it could well set back his development if he were suddenly thrown into the ruck.
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

A puzzle that Fly and Co. have !!!

I’d prefer Billy staying in the back to continue confidence and the growth in the position he has played two games in
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Any word on Ruscoe's form in the twos? Could he potentially play an unconventional ruck role?

In the little I've seen of him he's a likely type who could play a number of roles. Those who watch the VFL, is he still playing as a defender? I've noticed he gets a bit of ball, can kick and has some size, but haven't seen enough of him.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Given Reef has already kicked 3 goals halfway through the 3rd quarter in the ressies, I would bring him in as another mobile tall forward. This would enable McStay to do some ruck work at centre bounces, perhaps up forward with Johnson, and Moore/Frampton rucking when the ball is in our defensive area. It will all be about sharing the ruck load.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

^Maybe. But if this runs for a few weeks plus, it could also be a recipe for more injuries given the ruck is so brutal. God help us if Moore cops a knock.

Meanwhile, McStay needs to focus on building his forward craft or there's a risk he won't get good enough in any position, and Checkers needs McStay's physical cover.

Not a simple decision.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

eddiesmith wrote:

Mets Opening Day ✅
Panthers Round 5 ✅
Collingwood Round 3 ✅

Exactly.

Grundy had us over a financial barrel, and plus, once Gawn went down, the skiers were also Gawn. The four we got more than cover him. Mitchell could be luke ball. Hill is super fast and so savvy, lovin Frampton and McStay is getting better and fitting in each week .

Huge win for us IMO
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!