Pre-Match. Pies v. Swans.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

From what I hear, there is a good chance that Murphy will play on Sunday.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

stoliboy wrote:I’m nervous about our next 2 weeks.

Swans have won the last 3 against the Pies (our last win was at the Gabba in 2020).

GWS. We won last time but previous to that GWS had won the previous 4 times.

We should win both. We are an improved team on last year and both games at the MCG. Fly to get his first win against the Swans
Until we get some quality talls back into our side, any wins are bonuses imo. I doubt Cox will play this week, but hopefully he'll be available for the GWS game.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Agree heaps here these are bonus these wins at this time of the season where we have a mounting injury toll.
They are bonus and it’s a credit to the recruitment and player list staff and which we always got the depth on talent to draw upon one thing we have improved a heap.
Again good to have Cox back and where Frampton can play down back
Frampton has done a mighty job.
With Sydney game just want a more comprehensive win but I guess it’s a bonus if we do.
Like to see mcinness get a full game.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Please, please, Magpies, no more close matches for at least this week, can we please belt these swannetts by around seven or eight goals, we owe these pricks, just smash the bastards, up yours Longmire. Belt this mob, revenge.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by piffdog »

Magpietothemax wrote:
Pendles comes in (Kreuger out)
Sub: Kelly
If Murph is unable to play due to the head high knock he got from Fogarty, then Kelly plays in the 22.
I would like to see more of Kelly, but if Murphy can’t get up I think Ruscoe is the replacement. Kelly has been playing more on the wing so is in the pool of players alongside Sidey, WHE and Josh Daicos.

Not sure wether we should be arguing for or against Buddy playing. When he’s played they have looked ordinary. If we dry up their forward supply it shouldn’t matter as much. Midfield has to start better this week (hopefully with a little more rest they do). Murph to Maclean, Maynard to Papley. Their defence is shot, but our forward line is a little shaky too.

I dont think this game is a slam dunk, but I do think we’re a better shout at the MCG than their dung heap.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

The Swans were over 4 goals up going into the last quarter against GWS
But they faded badly and lost by 1 point. Buddy 3 goals.

Swans are 11th on the ladder.
We cannot relax against any team, but I'd say on these stats they won't handle our pressure either.
After a 7 day week off and our high morale, we should be in good shape.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

The big opportunity I see here is not just the 4 points, but effectively to knockout (or severly harm) Sydney's chances of making top 4, hence avoiding having to travel there in finals.
I find your lack of faith disturbing
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Why would Kelly be dropped as a sub. He replaced Kruger but was playing on the wing so we have versatility there. Ruscoe comes in if any issues with Murphy. Pendles comes in for one of the small forwards, probably Elliot.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

Unless he's injured, I can't see Elliott being dropped. He is a star. All our forwards are suffering from the absence of a genuine KPF.

However, I think the changes are likely to be:

In: Pendles, Ruscoe

Out: Kreuger, Kelly
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by piffdog »

RudeBoy wrote:Unless he's injured, I can't see Elliott being dropped. He is a star. All our forwards are suffering from the absence of a genuine KPF.

Rudey Kelly was the sub so by default he’s out anyway. You need to omit another one if you want to fit in Pendles and Trey…
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

piffdog wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:Unless he's injured, I can't see Elliott being dropped. He is a star. All our forwards are suffering from the absence of a genuine KPF.

Rudey Kelly was the sub so by default he’s out anyway. You need to omit another one if you want to fit in Pendles and Trey…
Trey as the sub.
Take_a_Screamer

Agree. now Bobby Hill looks off last couple of weeks
Ash Johnson...you beauty
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

The good news is the Swans backline is very inexperienced and undersized and that isn’t likely to change this weekend. The “ bad “ news is they played two ruckman ( Ladhams and McLean ) on the weekend and both went forward at various stages of the game. They will play the two key forwards, Franklin and McDonald but there’s a strong chance of rain sometime on Sunday, so that would be a welcome change of fortunes for us. The cavalry is on the way, so we just need to scrounge another win or two until the troops return.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Take_a_Screamer

Mason Cox says he's a chance to play this week against Swans!
Gives us some details.
See below - following his talk about Adelaide game beginning at 37:00

The Mason Cox Show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egUL2WeUc6M
Ash Johnson...you beauty