What made me laugh today... Pt 2

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

think positive wrote:People call me Jo or Jojo, (they actually do LD) mostly, or Joanne if they are mad at me!
Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind. ;)

Just don’t call me Dave!
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

no worries Dave!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

LOL.

So got home from Toc yesterday and someone had changed the location and type of the parking signns. Previously there were no standing sings protecting the council entrance to the park, but I could still park in front of my house because I wasn't blocking access and across the road it was 2hr only unless you had a residents permit.

Got home yesterday, the no standing sign on my side was moved to almost the start of my driveway and the whole end of the court was now no standing. So I parked the ute where I normally park (which is now right in a no standing zone), took some photos showing how it wasn't blocking access and fired off an email to the council.

This morning, sitting out the front, council truck pulls up, 2 guys are checking out the signs, so I wandered over for a chat. Yep they changed them yesterday morning. After a bit of a chat I asked if they would be able to move the one in front of my house back to where it was so I could legally park there. Older bloke gets on his phone and says Yep, we can change it back, for now. Dunno what the "for now" means, but I took off to get some groceries and by the time I got back, everything is back the way it was :lol: :lol:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

gees no wonder rates are so high! geniuses at work! not!!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Absolutely, the genius's in the office. These poor workers just do what they're told.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

think positive wrote:no worries Dave!!
:roll: :lol:
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive

Post by think positive »

Harry Windsor

Delusional.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I've got a small Chinese Army on my roof installing solar panels and mum is somehow sleeping through it.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Skids »

^ :lol:

We have the broadest range of footy fans on this site I've ever encountered. Usually there's mostly wiggle/dorker fans... not here.
We've got; Brisbane, Sydney, Hawthorn, Essendon, North, Dogs and Carlton fans in a nice spread amongst our work crew. I have one other Pies supporter for back up.
This morning at breakfast I was talking up the Pies massacre of Carlton to come, "Cox will kick 5, Ginny 3, Bobby 3, we'll flog you chumps by 10 goals".
Old mate Reggie, the blues fan looks across the table and says "Geez I'll be glad when you lose your fnkn voice" :)
Don't count the days, make the days count.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Hehehehe sorry I actually LOLed!
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Skids »

Nah that's good TP... we all did.

The small crew I'm in, we have this awesome chippy/handyman and he has a really bad stutter. The talk is that us two are going to lead the karaoke off at the Xmas party this year.

Taking the piss out of each other is one of the joys at work. Seriously, I'd hate to part of this 'that offends me', sooky la la generation protesting everything.

As long as you don't bring my Mum or missus & kids into the convo, you're never guna offend me :)
Don't count the days, make the days count.
think positive

Post by think positive »

YES YES YES!
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Skids wrote:Nah that's good TP... we all did.

The small crew I'm in, we have this awesome chippy/handyman and he has a really bad stutter. The talk is that us two are going to lead the karaoke off at the Xmas party this year.

Taking the piss out of each other is one of the joys at work. Seriously, I'd hate to part of this 'that offends me', sooky la la generation protesting everything.

As long as you don't bring my Mum or missus & kids into the convo, you're never guna offend me :)
Offence is taken, not given. I choose not to be offended. Works for me.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
think positive

Post by think positive »

My eldest and her boyfriend came over for dinner, and we were talking about the bus crashes lately, and that they should have seat belts, which brings up the good ol days of transport, riding in the back ofutes etc, and hubbymentions the blue bus! All three kids are like, huh? Me ‘oh yes the spastics societies bus’! The shocked looks! Me ‘what, it had [snip] society written on the side of it” luckily Google found it, cos I’m sure they thought I was being very vulgar!

Times change, so many things that were acceptable and now are not.

The transition can be difficult
think positive

Post by think positive »

Oh look automatic snip for it!