Post Match. Pies win thriller. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Donny »

Collingwood 12.10.82
Adelaide 11.14.80

Goals: Elliott, Cox 2 , H-E, Nick, Harrison, Mitchell, Hill, Adams, Ash, Josh 1.

Tackles: Mitchell 6, IQ, Noblet, Cameron 5.

D/E: Markov 90.9%, Moore, IQ 86.7, Murph, Noblet 85.7.

Disposals: Nick 37, Josh 33, Mitchell, Maynard 27, Pendles 24, Howe, Lipinski, Adams 20, Cameron 19, Noblet, Moore IQ 15, Crisp 14, Hill 9.

AFs: Nick 115, Mitchell 108, Josh 106, Cameron 105, Maynard 97, IQ 85, Howe 82.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I feel like it’s 7pm, I’m too used to us playing twilight games
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

Skids wrote:Slot nicely back into top spot, with the best percentage in the competition.... and people are still moaning?!
Goodness me. The game thread is like reading a hissy fit argument between 5 year olds in the playground. I'd say the only form slip is the quality of posting on this board.
Constructively, the side isn’t playing like a top of the ladder side. Geelong last year were head and shoulders the best side. Pies are not playing anywhere near that.
Still, it’s only June. 9 rounds to get it right, JDG, Sidey, McStay to come back.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

A win is a win but this team is looking a bit stale.
Maybe it’s time to inject and Ed Allan type into the side to change things up a bit.
Our forwards are the biggest worry for me and are really letting a lot of good work up field get wasted with poor or non existent leading, marking and general contest.
Bobby Hill, Elliott and Harrison were never at the feet of the tall players which allowed the Crows defence to rebound over and over again.
Ash Johnson needs a spell in the VFL with his output dropping away to minimal at best.

Thankfully our defence stood tall once again even though Adelaide kick 8 unanswered goals. Much of those goals came from poor efforts further up the ground which is becoming a worrying trend.
Mitchell, Daicos x 2, Quaynor and Noble were fantastic and all stood up when it mattered.

Much to work on and hopefully some players get rewarded for their excellent VFL form.
- Side By Side -
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Yes, we won but you can’t allow sides to kick unanswered goals in a quarter & 8 of them?
No, no excuse.
1, 2, 3 even 4 but anymore than that & it becomes a worry.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
MAY-Z

Post by MAY-Z »

Skids wrote:Slot nicely back into top spot, with the best percentage in the competition.... and people are still moaning?!
Goodness me. The game thread is like reading a hissy fit argument between 5 year olds in the playground. I'd say the only form slip is the quality of posting on this board.
but at about this time last year, melbourne were comfortably on top, but they were starting to crack and you could see it.

hopefully the same doesnt happen to us, my main worry with us is our gamestyle requires a lot of energy running extremely hard each way all day.

that is very hard to maintain, i though the interview pregame with fly was a little concerning, suggesting some players training intensity is down y 30% on what it was earlier in the season, hence why Beau was made sub
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

derkd wrote:The reason I am worried is that this isn't just Adelaide that had gotten on top of us...a side that was just belted by an almost AFL record in West Coast, yes they ran out of legs...but came at us hard..as did North. This is a trend.

Adelaide were all over us in the 3rd....but also the first 10 mins of the game, had they kicked straight would have been up by 2 or 3 goals.

Yes De Goey is a loss, but shouldn't be the difference with us being a 6 goal different side.

Not panicking as we have plenty of time to fix it. But if left untreated is the sort of thing that will bubble away...might cost us the odd home and away game....but could really cost us in a preliminary final.

Lucky win, but the team has much to work on. Getting belted out.of the middle at key stages too.
JDG is a loss at the moment but Sidebottom I think more so. No one gets to more contests that Sidey and his disposal skills are always good. His gut running is sorely missed. We will be a much better team when he returns is he is fit.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Let us hope, this was the wake up call we really did need, the Deees close loss you can excuse, we had stars out, but todays awful third qtr was woeful, this must be corrected, fast. Yes, return of JDG and Sidey will be very welcome,and McStay gives us new dimension too, or Frampton. Finally, I thiink the Crows as others are saying, is a much better team than the media and fans think, they are a darn good team , they will definitely make the Finals, and cause upsets. We have beaten them twice, that must count for something, surely.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
maurs64
Been liked: 1 time

Post by maurs64 »

You know the umpires are crap when both Nick & Pendles have to tell them the 50 metre rule on blocking! And Stevic was the umpire who needed to be told. Embarrassing really for so called professionals!
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Big T wrote:Am worried about our style of play. I don't think the high risk Harlem globe trotter risk constant turnover gamble can win a premiership.
You need to finish in the eight before you can win a premiership.
We’re on top after 15 rounds. Seriously, what more do you want after round 15 ? The best chance any team has of winning a grand final is to avoid travelling intestate and securing the double chance. Our game style currently has us two games clear of third spot. Personally, I think it’s stacking up pretty well against 16 other clubs at least.
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

stoliboy wrote:
Haff wrote:**** sake. Watching delayed and accidentally saw the final score. Should I bother watching the second half?
Skip the 3rd quarter and go straight to the last.
Skipped!
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

And how good was the Howe comeback. Like he never missed a beat after a couple compound fractures and four months on the sidelines. Ridiculous achievement !
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Monco Matt wrote: Seems like we are all toking on a huge reefer coming out dazed and confused.
Yep, fell asleep for the 3rd quarter as well, which was fortunate :P
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
piedys
Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

[quote="PyreneesPie"]Of course, I love our fighting spirit ...... it's unbelievable.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Pies2016 wrote:
Big T wrote:Am worried about our style of play. I don't think the high risk Harlem globe trotter risk constant turnover gamble can win a premiership.
You need to finish in the eight before you can win a premiership.
We’re on top after 15 rounds. Seriously, what more do you want after round 15 ? The best chance any team has of winning a grand final is to avoid travelling intestate and securing the double chance. Our game style currently has us two games clear of third spot. Personally, I think it’s stacking up pretty well against 16 other clubs at least.

In the final analysis, a team can win every game by 5+ goals, and Finals, but then lose the GF on the day, anything can happen in GFs, as we know all too well. I think we are in a minor slump, BUT we are still winning close matches, and we will snap out of this, once JDG and Sidearse return, and McStay perhaps too. Long way to go yet, as Paul Roos said, you need to hit your peak in August, iin run up to Finals. Yes, Im rapt we are on top, and that we eeked out a win today, against the odds again, this side never, ever, gives up, that alone must be a great assett to have for the Finals. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.