#35 Nick Daicos

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

How much extra will he get when he wins the Copeland, Brownlow and Norm Smith? 8)
MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

...and MVP, the premiership...
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Poses an interesting question. What if the club believed their finals campaign could benefit from Nick from missing a home and away game to have him cherry ripe for September. Obviously no votes on offer in that game and could ultimately cost him the Brownlow, the coaches award, the Copeland and a significant wad of cash.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
duke750

Post by duke750 »

There is a week’s break between the last round the first week of finals. Then hopefully a week’s break between the Qualifying and Prelim finals. I believe that these breaks preclude the need to rest players unless they are carrying serious niggles.
Magpies forever.
First Colligwood game: Western Oval 1960
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

I hope Nick doesn't lose his head over getting so much money at such a young age. I trust Peter will make sure he is well invested for the future and keeps his feet on the ground (so to speak).
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
jonmac1954
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

The last person on the list I would imagine to be goggle eyed over contract size is young Nick.

A very grounded young man with his entire being focused on being the best he can today but better tomorrow - and better every day after that.

Peter will tell him the money is great but the game is greater.

Focus on the money after you stop being able to play the game.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

jonmac1954 wrote:The last person on the list I would imagine to be goggle eyed over contract size is young Nick.

A very grounded young man with his entire being focused on being the best he can today but better tomorrow - and better every day after that.

Agree - Peter looks like done a Fantastic Job Parenting Nick and Josh.

Play Well and money part take care of itself
I am Da Man
Uncle Jack

Post by Uncle Jack »

Dave The Man wrote:
jonmac1954 wrote:The last person on the list I would imagine to be goggle eyed over contract size is young Nick.

Agree - Peter looks like done a Fantastic Job Parenting Nick and Josh.

Play Well and money part take care of itself
As long as Peter gets his beach house, he's happy.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Pies2016 wrote:... What if the club believed their finals campaign could benefit from Nick from missing a home and away game to have him cherry ripe for September. ...
duke750 wrote:There is a week’s break between the last round the first week of finals. Then hopefully a week’s break between the Qualifying and Prelim finals. I believe that these breaks preclude the need to rest players unless they are carrying serious niggles.
Well, Tom Mitchell is this week's sub...
K

Post by K »

Take_a_Screamer wrote:I hope Nick doesn't lose his head over getting so much money at such a young age. I trust Peter will make sure he is well invested for the future and keeps his feet on the ground (so to speak).
Surprised by this. I was thinking the opposite! :!: (Well, not opposite, but...)

You add base and match payments, plus $100k/4 (Brownlow bonus spread over 4 years) and it's about $300k. Is that really "so much money"? :?:

I guess it depends what you're comparing. Compared with a 19- or 20-year-old off the street... But I auto compared it with the obscene $7-million contract of a dumped ruckman who can't take a mark and bashes a lotta hit outs straight to the oppo. So I thought $300k a year for a Brownlow Medalist is a bargain.
Uncle Jack

Post by Uncle Jack »

300k cause he's a second year player. Without that restriction he's a 1mill player.

Bargain
K

Post by K »

'bout that Brownlow...

Luckily for Nick, Melbourne dropped Grundy...

'Cos without Grundy getting in his way, Gawn dominated:

"Max Gawn recorded 215 ranking points in a best on ground performance. Gawn had 29 disposals, 21 contested possessions, 17 hit-outs to advantage, 10 clearances and seven tackles." (afl.com.au)

Which means Gawn will get 3 Brownlow votes...

Which means Petracca will get only 2 votes. (Another 4 goals on the night.)

"Melbourne scored 54 points from stoppage situations, led by Max Gawn and Christian Petracca. The pair had 17 clearances and 15 score involvements between them."

And Brownlow predictors say Petracca is Nick's biggest Brownlow threat.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

somehow Grundy gets linked to Nick Daicos potentially not winning a Brownlow, now I've heard it all! Not that I give 2 effs about an umpire's midfielder award
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Let's talk Norm Smiths and premiership medallions, that'll get me interested
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.