A Woman appointed new GM Football at AFL

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

A Woman appointed new GM Football at AFL

Post by Hiss »

In a historic move on the eve of the 2023 Finals Series, a woman has been appointed to the prestigious position of AFL General Manager Football. This is seen as a pivotal role preparing her for the next CEO of the AFL. It is important that women run everything now as the piss weak Aussie males have wrecked the joint! Go girls. Go Bertha.
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: A Woman appointed new GM Football at AFL

Post by doriswilgus »

Hiss wrote:In a historic move on the eve of the 2023 Finals Series, a woman has been appointed to the prestigious position of AFL General Manager Football. This is seen as a pivotal role preparing her for the next CEO of the AFL. It is important that women run everything now as the piss weak Aussie males have wrecked the joint! Go girls. Go Bertha.
I’m disappointed.I thought the job was going to me.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

Why don't we ever hear from Bertha on here, Hiss? Does she even follow the Pies or what?

I'm happy to back her in as the new CEO, but we need to know more about her credentials. I hope she's not just another Corio Handbagger.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Maybe hubby forbids her from speaking.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 153 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

“Tubby Robbins took me apart in the ’39 Grand Final and when I got home Rosemary said, “I think you met your match today,” and I thumped her one. She apologised later but by that time the damage was done.” ― David Williamson, The Club
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

doriswilgus wrote:
Hiss wrote:In a historic move on the eve of the 2023 Finals Series, a woman has been appointed to the prestigious position of AFL General Manager Football. This is seen as a pivotal role preparing her for the next CEO of the AFL. It is important that women run everything now as the piss weak Aussie males have wrecked the joint! Go girls. Go Bertha.
I’m disappointed.I thought the job was going to me.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

think positive wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Hiss wrote:In a historic move on the eve of the 2023 Finals Series, a woman has been appointed to the prestigious position of AFL General Manager Football. Go girls.
I’m disappointed. I thought the job was going to me.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever