Qualifying Final. Magpies v. Demons. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

WHE had 20 disposals (17 kicks) and over 400m gained against ESS. Drifted forward and came back and helped out in defence. Be crazy in my mind to drop him. I would drop lipa before WHE but I don’t select the team.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

Yeah, everything's pointing towards Lipinski being dropped I think. Unlucky as he's been good in recent weeks, but you look through the team and it's harder to justify leaving anybody else out.

Even picking the sub is hard. Ginnivan? McCreery? Feels like we lose something if we don't have them on the field for the entire match. Maybe that's a job for WHE.

God help the selectors when Daicos comes back for the prelim!
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
BBHS
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by BBHS »

WHE won't be dropped. It'll be Ginni is my guess.
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

The big consideration is just how good the Melbourne midfield is. With Gawn being able to direct traffic and Petracca Oliver Bray shaw and Viney we will need the cattle to go with them and run off them. I reckon Lippa stays to help that cause - or maybe Crisp spends most of his time in the middle. This leaves WHE on the list with Lippa out maybe.

hard choices to be made
I think therefore I think - I think
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

BBHS wrote:WHE won't be dropped. It'll be Ginni is my guess.
Because he was the Coach's pick for player of the match last week?
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

WTF ??????? No way Jose, jeezus, he set us alight against the Dons, hes in great form, hates the Deeees, he has to play if we are too win, bloody hell, hed be the last player id drop , thats just nuts, crazy talk. Drop Lipinski if anybody :o :o :o :o :o :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
BBHS
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by BBHS »

I'll make sure to note your concerns when I head into match committee
SwansWay

Post by SwansWay »

Piesnchess wrote:

WTF ??????? No way Jose, jeezus, he set us alight against the Dons, hes in great form, hates the Deeees, he has to play if we are too win, bloody hell, hed be the last player id drop , thats just nuts, crazy talk. Drop Lipinski if anybody :o :o :o :o :o :o
I'm on the fence about this. It's difficult to tell if Jack ripped it up because of the poor opposition who let him do as he pleased. If he can do that against a top 4 side, then that would convince me. I liked what I saw him do against the Cats but when we played Brisbane he didn't have much impact (from memory).
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

SwansWay wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

I'm on the fence about this. It's difficult to tell if Jack ripped it up because of the poor opposition who let him do as he pleased. If he can do that against a top 4 side, then that would convince me. I liked what I saw him do against the Cats but when we played Brisbane he didn't have much impact (from memory).

He was not alone, nobody had much impact against Brisvegs, at that vile Marvel shithole ground. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Piesnchess wrote:

How do you know he "hates the Dees"?
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Piesnchess wrote:
SwansWay wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

He was not alone, nobody had much impact against Brisvegs, at that vile Marvel shithole ground. :o
They didnt have much impact because Brisbane didnt let them make much impact. That said Lipinski had even less impact and in a hard physical game is apt to go missing. He would be my pick to watch from the stands.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Sadly, since returning from his shoulder surgery, Lipinski has not managed to perform at the level he did last year. To my eye, he is subconciously afraid of receiving a knock to his shoulder, and does his best to avoid physical contact. That's one reason why he disposes of the ball as quickly as possible. Of course, I'm no expert, and thus I may be way off the mark with my comments, but that's the impression I get. If I'm even half right, then this is reason enough to drop him, as hardness and intensity go up a notch in the finals, and we can't afford to have anyone in our side who is in any way half-hearted. Just for the record, I think he's a great player, and hopefully next season he is stronger and more confident in his body, enabling him to return to his 2022 form.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

BBHS wrote:I'll make sure to note your concerns when I head into match committee
Just accept other opinions dude! You don’t need sarcasm, the lowest form of wit
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Just an aside from the upcoming final, Charlie Dean will play his first game for Collingwood this season when he lines up at fullback in our VFL team tomorrow. What a great story of perseverance.
Really hope he acquits himself well and that he can back it up with a second game the following week.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

No chance WHE or Markov misses as we lack leg speed without them. Nor does McStay or Ginni as we saw how inpotent our forwards were on KB. Checkers was pwned by Melbun's interepters.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.