Post Match. Pies demolish Dees. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Take_a_Screamer wrote:Collingwood deserves more praise for Qualifying Final win according to Champion Data

...Hoyne was impressed with how Collingwood was able to get on top of Melbourne. “they had a 200 pressure rating in the first 40 minutes compared to Melbourne's 175. “A lot of the talk has been, how did Melbourne blow it? But for Collingwood to get to a 27-point lead in that 40-minute period was absolutely exceptional on their behalf.”

Taylor Adams - 7 contested possessions
Steele Sidebottom - 8 contested possessions
Jack Crisp - 10 disposals

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/09/13/ ... ording-to/
^Thanks so much TS for this link. Fantastic article...I am now watching the first 40 minutes again to try to appreciate fully what Hoyne is saying in this article.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

hehe, I just rewatched it too
It's different when you got eyes to see!
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

90 nice wrote:Great news on Maynard tonight cleared to play.

So this is my early line up for the prelim at this stage:

FB: Howe Moore Quaynor
CB: Maynard Murphy Crisp
C: J Daicos N Daicos Marcov
CF: Pendles Mihochek Hill
FF: Elliot McStay Side
R: Cox JDG Mitchell
INT: Adams Cameron McCreery Ginny
SUB: Either Lipinski or Kruger

Dropping WHE??
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Fatui Attata

Post by Fatui Attata »

lazzadesilva wrote:The biggest issue for me is that we don’t seem to be able to put scoreboard pressure on the opposition because of our inaccurate kicking. This is crucial, especially in a final because it can lead to confidence that we are playing well and cause the opposition to be concerned about the score. This type of psychological pressure is underrated and can lead to panic by the opposition who worry about the fact that they are behind. The longer the pressure is exerted, the more worry we cause. I would have all the forwards practising their goal kicking this week.
What you're hoping we'll do is exactly what we did last Thursday.

Final scores...

Collingwood 9.6.60
Melbourne 7.11.53

9.6 inaccurate??

We made the most of our minimal chances. Melbourne didn't.... they choked all the way along the boundary line, ignoring their team mates standing alone in the corridor. Then we mirrored them and it lulled them into a deeper commitment to hug the boundary all the way to nowhere.
I'm not the pheasant plucker I'm the pheasant plucker's son, and I'll be plucking pheasants til the pheasant plucker comes! "Try saying that with a mouthful of peanuts!!" Lou Richards
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

A big shout out to Taylor Adams, for a brilliant game. He more than anyone else, led the way in getting tough contested balls, when the game was up for grabs. I know he's got his critics on Nicks, but he has a great record of playing well in finals, and if he can keep it up for another 2 games, it will go a long way to helping us secure another flag. Well done Tay.
Swanny2011
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Swanny2011 »

Spot On RudeBoy. I have been an Adams fan for a long time, sure he makes mistakes but his positives far outweigh his negatives.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Only change to prelim is :

In Nick Daicos

Out Lipinski
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

IF the Deeeees lose tonight, I wonder what sooky la al Goofy Goodwin will say, what will sore loser say tonight, still blame Bruzza, for upsetting his players, would not surprise me one iota.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

RudeBoy wrote:A big shout out to Taylor Adams, for a brilliant game. He more than anyone else, led the way in getting tough contested balls, when the game was up for grabs. I know he's got his critics on Nicks, but he has a great record of playing well in finals, and if he can keep it up for another 2 games, it will go a long way to helping us secure another flag. Well done Tay.
Absolutely mozzed him! Never be positive.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Piesnchess wrote:IF the Deeeees lose tonight, I wonder what sooky la al Goofy Goodwin will say, what will sore loser say tonight, still blame Bruzza, for upsetting his players, would not surprise me one iota.
Yeah Piesnchess, as much as I loathe the scum, the fact is that Goodwin pissed me off with his cryptic comments on Bruzza and his constant bloody sooking in just about every bloody interview he did
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by stoliboy »

RudeBoy wrote:A big shout out to Taylor Adams, for a brilliant game. He more than anyone else, led the way in getting tough contested balls, when the game was up for grabs. I know he's got his critics on Nicks, but he has a great record of playing well in finals, and if he can keep it up for another 2 games, it will go a long way to helping us secure another flag. Well done Tay.
Arggh and now he's injured... getting nervous.
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

stoliboy wrote:
Arggh and now he's injured... getting nervous.

Pretty damn good replacement, in brilliant Nick Daicos. Now we need not drop anyone. Tay will be right for GF, hes tough as old boots. :wink:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

Karma, karma, karma... :)

“A strong belief from senior figures still a week on is that the Angus Brayshaw furore derailed their finals pitch,” he said On the Couch.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/suck-i ... 1ba4c0915f
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by piffdog »

MagpiesTheGreat wrote:Karma, karma, karma... :)

“A strong belief from senior figures still a week on is that the Angus Brayshaw furore derailed their finals pitch,” he said On the Couch.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/suck-i ... 1ba4c0915f
Kind of ironic given Lyon was driving the bus all week…
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange