Post Match. Pies demolish Dees. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by piffdog »

It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
David
Has liked: 1 time

Post by David »

Yep, like chalk and cheese. I thought the same immediately when watching that press conference after the qualifying final: there's no way McRae would have reacted so unprofessionally if the shoe had been on the other foot.

I'd forgotten about the Grundy quote, but yeah, wow. Imagine how you'd feel hearing that and then being dropped to the VFL mid-season because there's no role for you in the 23 (something that, needless to say, never happened to Grundy when he was at Collingwood after his first couple of seasons on the list). It makes Goodwin not only spiteful but also insincere. Not a great combination of character traits.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

piffdog wrote:...
Notwithstanding their flag (obviously a great achievement), I think he’s a weak coach. You hear about some of the off field stuff (where there’s smoke there’s fire), coupled with his hypocrisy when calling out on-field events (which I think is unbecoming of the head coach), petty cheap shots like Grundy going to “a club where he is properly loved and valued” (to now be offloading him) and lastly some of their poor coaching decisions (Schache as a sub?) I think are all evidence that he’s bog-average as a coach and potentially as a person given what I think are character flaws (IMO - and granted I don’t actually know him). ...
Actually reminds me a lot of Dimwit Dimma.

IMHO Dimwit's given way too much credit for the Tiggers' flags. Glad Dimma is coaching another club, so we get more data. But then have to agree on what a pass is. For me, nothing less than a GC flag. (Dunno 'bout North. What's a pass for Clarko??)

And re: off-field stuff, Dimma of course had that affair with a Richmond staffer.

So, yeah, Goodwin and Dimma seem alike...
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times

Post by piffdog »

I think Dimma will be cannonised (if not already) because of the successive flags - and maybe Goodwin will be scrutinised because he hasn’t yet grabbed more than one.

While I’m not one to put an asterisk on a premiership (we know how hard they are to win), I do think the Tigers has a bit of luck in being the best team when covid hit. That whole period disrupted the development of every side so it’s no surprise in my opinion that they continued to be the best side.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

piffdog wrote:I think Dimma will be canonized
And why not… I for one am all for him being shot out of a cannon
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 153 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Watched the replay again. We simply owned them in that first half, and apart from the wet and greasy conditions, and some poor skill execution in front of goal we could have really done a number on them.
We switched play on a number of occasions, really disrupting the Melbourne defensive set.
Looking forward to a dry night to really see this machine in top gear.
We're going to miss Adams more than many supporters think though.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Yesterday I watched the first quarter. may is an absolute tool! we were not great, but they were bloody shocking!! Oliver is a liability!

We should have been 7 goals to 1. Jamie missed 2 sitters and then checkers missed one too. I could have kicked 2 of them in heels! I cant even walk in heels!

The Maynard incident should never have happened, you can see Brayshaw is unsteady on his feet when he takes the free for headbutting someones knee in our goal square 5 min before the big one.

No 7 for the scum should have been reported for his attack on Maynard.

watched the second quarter today, checkers goal came from a free to Q that i dont think should have been paid. other than that, the umpiring so far isnt bad.

Gees Bobby Hill and DeGoey were fricken amazing in the finals, and pendles and Sidey not far behind. brilliant smother by Murphy too.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!