Post Match. Pies win thriller. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

Big T wrote:
Haff wrote:Ch7 trying to get Naicos rubbed out for a dangerous tackle. Nothing in it. Bet the AFL appeal nothing to see from MC.
How was the suplex on mihocek... no free
Only thing I’ll say was that it wasn’t the normal sling action.. umpires are trained on examples. Won’t see to many overhead body slam type tackles.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
jonmac1954
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Big T wrote:It's a bit of stress relief and fun in the match day thread. Baffles me why people take it seriously.
Yep the perfect opportunity for those with total lack of self control to indulge themselves.
lihei
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by lihei »

Well done Woodsmen. 1 more.
Cancel the Cancel Culture.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Incredible. Lost for words like everyone else.

Tried to over-control the game early, which was too risky an approach for my liking having not played much footy the past month, and took away our own momentum instead of theirs.

All's well that ends well, but let's not overdo the tempo thing that early in a game when we're going well, for goodness' sake.

Jordy BOG by a country mile. Magnificent game. Scotty, Steele and Jack had great games as a trio. Both rucks very good. Q another excellent game. Nicky important as well as easing back. Lippa stepped up in the second half. to make amends. Most of the team constrained by handing them the momentum in the second quarter.

It's funny reflecting, because a lot went wrong, from stifling our own instinctive footy to getting the forward structure badly wrong (having only gotten it right the game before). A good example is Bobby Hill, who looked like he might kick a bag until we slowed the game down.

Let's not over-think it next week, lads. Only go tempo when you're clearly losing the clearances and the other side has a run on, not when you're actually winning them!!

The McStay injury will have a say in things, but then again we got our forward line structure so wrong it might force us to trust our ball movement instead.

Caaaaarna' Pies!
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Haff

Post by Haff »

jonmac1954 wrote:
Big T wrote:It's a bit of stress relief and fun in the match day thread. Baffles me why people take it seriously.
Yep the perfect opportunity for those with total lack of self control to indulge themselves.
Correct and I thank Nick’s for the service.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Oh my God.I can’t believe we won that.Such a stressful game.I think I just about died ten times during that last quarter.GWS kept coming and coming,but our boys stood tall in the end and won the game.

Degoey was amazing..That’s the best game I’ve ever seen him play.

So proud of this team right now.
Last edited by doriswilgus on Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

There's a big big sound,
To the west of the town,
But it aint the (*&^%^&' Giants...
WalZ_PieZ

Post by WalZ_PieZ »

LET'S GOOOOO. We're in the GF.
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by stoliboy »

Big T wrote:
Haff wrote:Ch7 trying to get Naicos rubbed out for a dangerous tackle. Nothing in it. Bet the AFL appeal nothing to see from MC.
How was the suplex on mihocek... no free
And the GWS player who bumped and collected Pies player in the head. First quarter I think.
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Great guts shown to make it to another GF but the job is only half done. Tired of just making them.

Need to get our transition humming again and get the scoreboard ticking over as to much is being left to our defence.

If we end up playing Brisbane on a fine September day I don't see 10 goals being enough to win.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au
Been liked: 1 time

Post by kymbo5@yahoo.com.au »

Haff wrote:Wow. GWS are very good. Have port and Melbourne very much covered.

Showed some ticker in the big moments!

McStay done for the season and he knows it.
Big Cox for the Norm Smith. I reckon the team with the harder prelim wins the flag.
Good, composed call.

And how good is it that we are thru!!!
kymbo
Haff

Post by Haff »

Not sure we’re giving Cox and Cameron enough love here. They were both very good especially the former.

Will be huge next week. I have a feeling Coxy will rip the granny apart!
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Our ability to absorb the pressure when it’s all in at the end of the game has endured us in the last two games. That’s what wins final and Grand finals. GWS were massive but we endured. One year makes all the difference. One point last year -, one point this year +. We’re ready.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Haff wrote:Not sure we’re giving Cox and Cameron enough love here. They were both very good especially the former.

Will be huge next week. I have a feeling Coxy will rip the granny apart!
Cox in particular was excellent.Amd that goal he kicked in the last quarter turned out to be the match winner.
Said by Zed
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Said by Zed »

Never in doubt
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...