Post Match. Pies win thriller. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Said by Zed
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Said by Zed »

mgh3536 wrote:the last 4 week prior to our game yesterday the in form side of the competition GWS have scored 93, 100, 105, 168

Finals footy pies!!!!!
Great observation! Practically halved the scoring output of arguably the most in form team in the comp. Amazing performance from all concerned. Still a little concerned how easily and precisely they were able to rebound out of their D50 though…something to work on and tighten up before the GF.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

[quote="doriswilgus"]Oh my God.I can’t believe we won that.Such a stressful game.I think I just about died ten times during that last quarter.GWS kept coming and coming,but our boys stood tall in the end and won the game.

Degoey was amazing..That’s the best game I’ve ever seen him play.

So proud of this team right now.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
jonmac1954
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Just one question lingers for me . . . .

Big Mase forced of the ground by an umpire . . . to change his jumper????

Literally . . .

WTF???????
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

For the big grand final i have:

Out: McStay In: Kruger

Adams in as well.

Like this kind of line up.

FB: IQ Moore Howe
CB: Maynard Murphy Nick Daicos
C: Josh Daicos Adams Pendles
CF: Hill Checkers Crisp
FF: Elliott Kruger McCreery
R: Cox JDG Mitchell
INT: Side Cameron WHE Noble
SUB: Ginny
GreekLunatic
Been liked: 15 times

Post by GreekLunatic »

Great win by the boys. heart attack stuff. This team could be better than the 2018 team let's hope we get the win.
piedys
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 70 times

Post by piedys »

90 nice wrote:For the big grand final i have:

Out: McStay In: Kruger

Adams in as well.

Like this kind of line up.

FB: IQ Moore Howe
CB: Maynard Murphy Nick Daicos
C: Josh Daicos Adams Pendles
CF: Hill Checkers Crisp
FF: Elliott Kruger McCreery
R: Cox JDG Mitchell
INT: Side Cameron WHE Noble
SUB: Ginny
The Amazing, vanishing - Lipinski!
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
The Black and White Lion

Greening gold wrote:Cox showed once again why he was retained and Grundy was let go.
Grundy's ruck work was to tap it at his feet and he didn't take enough marks or kick enough goals. Melbourne has now realised the same. He was OK but I think he lost it when he got the big $$ contract. Not saying it was conscious but some players just lose their hunger when they're well fed.
Too right. In the rucks you need doers and Cameron and Cox’s pros far outweigh their cons compared to Grundy. They can give us something everywhere on the ground. I wish Grundy well at the Swans or wherever he ends up but he won’t have much competition up there so will likely get a sustained run at it once he adopts their culture.

We got bankrupted by the $$$ Grundy deal and got little out of it. Same thing happened with Travis Cloke. You get held to ransom and it bites you more than you earn in a team game. We should have taken the trades and draft picks both times and helped the team to get better instead.

So glad we changed our whole Football Structure to mature into a strong organisation that fosters the team instead of the individual and values the roles and not the mislaid reputation of individuals
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

piedys i was tossing up between Noble and Lipinski.

To me these 2 players are developing a healthy rivalry as in terms of gaining spots in the team.

Time to unleash the Kruger for the GF.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

piedys wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
piedys wrote:Sliding doors and all that... you wonder had Melbourne got past us in QF, how they would have fared last night against GWS?

I bet they'll be asking themselves that; amongst other things...
The Dees would have been comfortably beaten. Given the way they enter their forward line and given how the Giants cleared their D50. Can’t stress it enough, the Giants were VERY good last night ( also very disciplined with no 50 metre penalties ( ? ) or obvious brain fades ) but we finally won clearances, had a little luck and the rest is history. Speaking of brain fades, I wish someone had asked Kingsley why, especially after a six day break, did he only use up 59 of a possible 75 interchanges.
Great reply bro; but used up 59 of a possible 75 interchanges?! Dafark?

Anyhoo, we need to know why JDG was STRANDED on the bench, like Tom Hanks on the island in Castaway, while that last stanza unfolded..
The issue with DeGoey was the entire last 5 mins was nearly all stoppages, so no Collingwood player could leave their stoppage role to run 100 metres off the ground and have us left with one player short at the contest.
Occasionally it happens. Everyone knows he should be on the ground but the situation just doesn’t allow for an interchange. Sometimes you can still pull it off if the stoppages are happening right in front of your own interchange.

The coaches have a bit to work with from last night. Our three or four 50 metre penalties were very costly in a game that was all about territory. Worse still, was that we allowed Greene to sneak up beside the Giants player who was having a set shot on goal. We allowed Greene to do it TWICE. Lucky it only cost us one goal. You can guarantee concentration and discipline will be a focus this week.
The Black and White Lion

woodys_world69 wrote:if you look at the game, u can clearly see structurally the Collingwood Coaches where worried about GWS's run from behind.

We are known for our run from the back line into a score but they had 1 man behind the ball at all times and we had to have a slower more calculated approach.. .it was very different to watch
Yes this was so painful to watch at the time but ok if we took away one of their strengths and it worked. They only had one sustained period in the second quarter to the first goal of the third and it want out of hand.

Interestingly whomever we play next, we should be the underdog as we’ve lost the most recent matches against both of them
Said by Zed
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Said by Zed »

jonmac1954 wrote:Just one question lingers for me . . . .

Literally . . .

WTF???????
Just the usual double standard applied by the scrumps…plenty of examples in recent matches of other players staying on the ground shirtless (that show pony Robertson comes to mind) and the maggots did nothing.

What is also unbelievable was how the guernsey got ripped apart in the first place right in front of the ump and he kept on calling out Mason to stop…atrociously biased adjudication!
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

90 nice wrote:piedys i was tossing up between Noble and Lipinski.

To me these 2 players are developing a healthy rivalry as in terms of gaining spots in the team.

Time to unleash the Kruger for the GF.
Your commitment to the Kreuger cause is admirable, but I think his chance of being named in the GF off two matches this year is negligible. The fact he hasn't even been named as an emergency for ages suggests the selection committee isn't actively considering him either.

If we decide to bring in a tall, it'll be Frampton.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
gurugeoff
Been liked: 4 times

Post by gurugeoff »

Great to win, but a lot of issues to address as best we can in the next week, primarily not kicking a goal in over half a game. Beating gws by a point on our home ground, our crowd and a weeks rest - a win is a win of course, but will need to do better next week to win
jonmac1954
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Said by Zed wrote:
jonmac1954 wrote:Just one question lingers for me . . . .

Literally . . .

WTF???????
Just the usual double standard applied by the scrumps…plenty of examples in recent matches of other players staying on the ground shirtless (that show pony Robertson comes to mind) and the maggots did nothing.

What is also unbelievable was how the guernsey got ripped apart in the first place right in front of the ump and he kept on calling out Mason to stop…atrociously biased adjudication!
Agreed
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

I am enjoying the anti-Pies saying GWS were robbed thanks to poor umpiring. I am hoping the AFL and the umpires come out and say they are sorry. :lol: