Pre-Grand Final. Magpies v. Lions. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Jezza
Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Frampton for McStay is a sensible change, though it comes with the risk of Frampton lacking finals experience. To maintain the size and balance of our team, he needed to be brought in.

Lipinski had a stinker for much of the PF, so he's lucky to hold on. Once Adams was ruled out, I think his spot was secure albeit as the sub.

It's getting real now...
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Rick

Post by Rick »

At this point I suppose it’s neither here nor there but I would’ve preferred to see Carmichael as an emergency. Hard bodied, goal kicking midfielder.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Jezza wrote:
warburton lad wrote:I love that McRae lives in a 'No Bullshit' world.

No stupid mind-games around selection.
Agree. I appreciate the transparency and honesty from Fly.
Yeah, but I'd love him to use GF week to pull a huge shifty to completely fvck with Fagan's head.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Pete 70
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Pete 70 »

You loved Pendel’s comments that finals are simple and hard games and players that get dinky possessions all year get found out in big games. Watch PF again last night - man Degoey’s performance just gets better and you can see Nick growing the whole time. Anyone see that bit where he alarmist tackles Titch to get the ball. I love his hunger.
Feeling excited and nervous.
Dispatches from a foreign land
jonmac1954
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Cometh the hour cometh the man.

23 men.

We are primed and have an injury free team.

Time to rip some teddy bear rrrrsole!!!
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

^ spot on. Curnow learned that the hard way. Looked like a Millionaire during the year and a spud during finals.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Rick wrote:At this point I suppose it’s neither here nor there but I would’ve preferred to see Carmichael as an emergency. Hard bodied, goal kicking midfielder.
I'm a Carmichael fan but he has not broken into the team this year.
Moreover, he hasn't played in a game for a few weeks now.
If Carmichael is still at Collingwood next year, he should have more chances especially if we win the GF and there are retirements. I assume he has not been given a contract but I don't know.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

He would've been found out in a GF. Good vfl player, at best. Not sure he even played a senior game this year?
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Any one of youse down at the GF Parade?
My kids went down today & they just got their heads on TV & interviewed by Ch 7.

Wearing Pies & Penrith gear will do that
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I’m very happy with Ginni starting and Lipinski as sub. Given Paddy’s two way gut running link role, fresh legs on a hot day could win it.
woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

Rick wrote:At this point I suppose it’s neither here nor there but I would’ve preferred to see Carmichael as an emergency. Hard bodied, goal kicking midfielder.
pendles on his podcast mentioned Reef in the list of possibles to replace McStay so sounds like he was closer than Carmichael for that specific position.
gurugeoff
Been liked: 4 times

Post by gurugeoff »

just read that Lions have beaten us the last 6 times. Is that a concern, or has it given us a lot to think about and adjust. Working in the garden atm, not used to the sun being out and getting a bit hot - hope that does not become a factor. It is back to 13 degrees one day next week.
jonmac1954
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

gurugeoff wrote:just read that Lions have beaten us the last 6 times. Is that a concern, or has it given us a lot to think about and adjust. Working in the garden atm, not used to the sun being out and getting a bit hot - hope that does not become a factor. It is back to 13 degrees one day next week.
At the Gabba and Marvel.

The G is a vastly different matter.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

gurugeoff wrote:just read that Lions have beaten us the last 6 times. Is that a concern, or has it given us a lot to think about and adjust. Working in the garden atm, not used to the sun being out and getting a bit hot - hope that does not become a factor. It is back to 13 degrees one day next week.
As Jonmac, says, both games were at venues favouring Brisbane (Gabba, Marvel). Even more importantly, during both games we had enormous personnel issues (at the Gabba, no recognised rucks) and at Marvel, all of Naicos, JDG, Bobby Hill, Moore were out. We played with minimal pressure.
I don't think either of our games against Brisbane this year have any relevance to what plays out tomorrow.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

Put it another way

If we had beaten the Lions the last six times at the Gabba and Marvel, would it been seen as an advantage to us?