Sooo, will YOU Booo Grundy ?

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I won't boo Grundy because I don't watch the VFL.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

OFF to the Swanettes hey, with Tay, I wish them well, with Longmires boring as batshit game style. Goodluck with THAT, lads. !
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Geek

Post by Geek »

Piesnchess wrote:OFF to the Swanettes hey, with Tay, I wish them well, with Longmires boring as batshit game style. Goodluck with THAT, lads. !
Congested stoppage fests and 8 goals a game. It'll be just like the good old days under Buckley.

I for one am a sucker for a bit of nostalgia so I won't hold it against them.

And hey, at least they have a gun up and coming tall forward to kick to. If Horse moves Logan to CHB it'll be party time all over again.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

At least Grundy will finally be tapping to Collingwood midfielders...

Sorry Tay...
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

Im torn on if I feel for Grundy. I probably do. He pushed for a massive contract and our pissweak administration at the time caved. Good on him I guess.

We all know Grundy was a shadow of himself in 20/21. Far from the heights that earned him the contract.

Another part of me sees him wanting work life balance. Thats fine, we all want that in some way shape or form but for mine its some kind of indicator that he doesnt realllly want to put in the extra effort to be a 7million dollar player that all the other champions do.

When I think of the latter I get annoyed with him. I'm probably 55% against him in this whole saga.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

Per SEN this morning with Buckley:
“The Collingwood football department was at the time happy to let Grundy go for the price the Crows were offering, but the board said the club needed to find a way to keep him.

Buckley reveals that a decision to part pays with Grundy had been made, but ultimately the club decided to retain his services for the future.”
How far the club has come since the board was ripped out and the fire sale!!
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Can we lock this thread?
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Why? You're asking for censorship. If it triggers you, you can choose not to read the thread.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ It doesn't trigger people. It is pretty boring, though. I expect inxs88 just fancies talking about Collingwood on the Collingwood board.
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

Swans are just about favourites to meet us in the GF with their horse trading this week, pardon the pun.
Flagpies
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

I might go to a Demons Swans game and watch the Melbourne supporters boo him…
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Kingsofclutch wrote:Swans are just about favourites to meet us in the GF with their horse trading this week, pardon the pun.
Lol, they’ll struggle to make the 8 again.
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

eddiesmith wrote:
Kingsofclutch wrote:Swans are just about favourites to meet us in the GF with their horse trading this week, pardon the pun.
Lol, they’ll struggle to make the 8 again.
They've traded for that puny ground so they'll win games, but don't worry, we'll still smash them on the G.
Flagpies
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

I'll probably be too busy booing the umpires anyway.
Flagpies
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

How long before Eddie responds to Bucks message? Bucks has put the Grundy deal solely on Eddie’s board’s shoulders. First time I’ve heard that but always suspected. Well either way they’re all out the door and we’ve got the new board Wrighty Fly and co and we’re premiers #16 in 2023
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark