Post Grand Final. Sweet 16. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

thanks Jezza, so special xxx
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
1eyedpie
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by 1eyedpie »

For those of you who can't get enough of this wonderful season we have just witnessed here's a little clip I stumbled onto from YouTube
Enjoy highlights from the season that was..........EPIC!

https://youtu.be/nfV4lZliGkc?si=0XObe-1mBOI1RKxW
Never disperse your focus unless absolutely necessary. Face one adversary at a time!

BARRACK HARD!
swooper
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by swooper »

Fantastic. Thanks for sharing :-)
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

I SEE the Premiership cup engraving, COLLINGWOOD on it, took longer than Jack pissing off to the Dawks, was , finished yesterday.!. Just saying.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

swooper wrote:Fantastic. Thanks for sharing :-)
Yes, most enjoyable.
Presti35
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

One thing that happened to me in 2010... I let others try to take away from the win. My friends and even my in-laws. My friends watched the game together and asked me to come over and they'd all fkd off by the time I got there. It was on purpose.

In 2011 and 2018, there was no such problems. Come on over we're having a late night.

This time I didnt even bother with them. They are salty jealous people. Can't be happy for you if you get a new job, new car, or any kind of life event. Always trying to bring you down. And when it comes to footy they are even more salty. Their team didnt win, the best team of all... must be some kind of conspiracy... others must be cheating... and the umps are rigging it all... :roll:

Anyway, I havent heard much from them. And I've been lapping up the clubs success.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

I've watched the replay a few times.

Someone I know said they dont enjoy watching the replay. Partly due to the bad comments from Hodge and Richo. And partly due to still feeling stressed in the final moments.

Let yourself enjoy it. It was a GF for the ages. And you'd be feeling far worse had we lost it.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Also, was McCluggage out?
npalm
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by npalm »

Sounds like you need some new friends Presti.
You're right, forget them, it was a brilliant GF and the Pies were fantastic and deserving winners.
If you don't like the channel 7 broadcast, I have a copy of the game with the ABC broadcast I can send you. Just PM me.
Side by side.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Presti35 wrote:Also, was McCluggage out?
Further out than Harmes in 1979...
jonmac1954
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Presti35 wrote:Also, was McCluggage out?
Further out than Harmes in 1979...
Not pos as Harmes was in the 4th row.
Last edited by jonmac1954 on Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
duggieboy
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by duggieboy »

Jezza thanks a million for posting the coach's comments.

A couple of things after reading that:
* Craig Mc is an extremely fine human being.
* Jack I don't know if you realize what a hugely rare & privileged situation you just chose to leave. (guaranteed money, yeah I get that, but there are other things here you just can't buy)
* This "Team Collingwood" certainly has a very decent shot at sustained
success, from the board, to the coaching team, the players and us the fans.
* Call me 'slow' but I just realized we're coached to switch our game plan up or down, depending what's happening in the game. I'm sure that multiple switches will be the goal. That becomes very hard for teams to defend.
* No wonder he says we have a lot of improvement still to achieve
* In '24 I'll be watching with those new eyes..... good times ahead
aus50ford
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by aus50ford »

I was watching the Inner Sanctum vid when the good lady wife came home last night, and all she said was "you still watching that stuff"

My reply was, wait until the Bluray comes out,
I don't have a snappy catch phrase
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

It's a leap year next year, enjoy the extra day of being Premiers.
Flagpies
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

npalm wrote:Sounds like you need some new friends Presti.
You're right, forget them, it was a brilliant GF and the Pies were fantastic and deserving winners.
If you don't like the channel 7 broadcast, I have a copy of the game with the ABC broadcast I can send you. Just PM me.
Thanks npalm.

Something I've never had is a friend that supports Collingwood. A few have made a couple cameos over the years, but my closest friends have all supported other clubs. I have certainly moved on from all of the "perceptive fellow" who have nothing better to do than bag everyone else.

One thing I've noticed is a lot of supporters saying it wasnt a great GF. (Namely Dees supporters).

I say watch the replay... it's an absolute corker. Some of the goals kicked were amazing. Hill taking a screamer and everything else he did on the day. It going down to the wire. Several lead changes and it being close the whole way.

I even had one say the game has no stars unlike 2005 which had superstars on each line. :shock: Honestly, people simply can not handle that Collingwood won. That Collingwood now have 16 flags. And that it was a GF for the ages.

"it could have gone either way". Yeah it could have, but we had the lead when the bell rang.

"you had the umpires". No we didnt. Watch the replay. Cox being smothered by a player in the protected zone, a rubbish 50 against Markov, Hipwood taking a dive/acting in the 1st, McCluggage OUT OF BOUNDS, just to name a few... but sure lets talk about the advantage. Luke Hodge and Richo have something to answer for due to their shit comments that fed the haters and their theories.

I've heard just about every excuse and every tiny bit of hope from oppo suporters. Not this time I'm affraid. We are fkn PREMIERS and you can SMD! Also McCarthy and Rayner can EAD.

Also Charlie Cameron lined up Howe but thats ok. Lions supporters chanting "Bullshit" when Murphy was knocked out (did Lincoln McCarthy line him up?), thats ok, thats not being talked about.

Channel 7, Channel 9, Fox, all the social accounts, Carro, Nat Edwards, all the experts who tell us what they want, rather than what they think, all the jornos who said we wont make the 8, we can finish top 4, we cant win the flag... SUFFER!