Israeli–Palestinian conflict

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

slangman wrote:
think positive wrote:then who? who can stop this? who can call Israel out?
It still amazes me how many anti-semites on this forum barely raise an ounce of sympathy for the murders in cold blood of Israeli men, woman and children by those Hamas medieval barbarians who broke the truce on October 7th.

Too many on here with their small token of sympathy for the murdered Jewish people which is always followed by “yeah but….”

In war the losers are always the innocent people. The IDF at least gave the people of Gaza warning of what was to come….the October 7th victims never received that!!

Seems like all the Murdoch haters get all of their news from Al Jazera.
Who are the anti-Semites on the forum? Name them and point to anything they've said that's anti-Jewish. It's a big accusation to make.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

I'll up the ante here, because accusations of anti-Semitism are as David said very big, and I am not going to let that go to the keeper, because no keeper should be asked to catch such a poisoned ball.
I will say directly that I am one of the posters Slangman is accusing of anti-Semitism, since I frequently give links to Al-Jazeera in my posts. Slangman clearly sources alot of his information from Murdoch press, and that is fine, it is his prerogative to do so. However, it is pertinent to observe that the Herald Sun is one of the most frothing, virulent proponents of the reprehensible amalgam that opposition to the Israeli government's genocide in Gaza is the same as anti-Semitism. Clearly, Slangman is simply parroting the line of his favoured news source. Anyone who raises opposition to the slaughter being orchestrated by the Netahanyu regime in Gaza is an anti-semite, - or a sympathiser with terrorism according to the Herald Sun most crudely, but also according the ABC, Labor and Liberal politicians. It is simply the offficial propaganda narrative.
This is a universal phenonomen. In Britain, the anti-Gaza protest last weekend saw over 800 000 taking to the streets in opposition to the war criminals in the Israeli gvoernment, in the US government and in leadership of the IDF. According to Slangman, they are all anti-Semites, or supporters of terrorism. This is also what Cruella Braverman, the fascist Home Secretary in the UK government said. She called the march a "hate march" which should be banned.
This is what she wrote on Twitter:
“This can’t go on. Week by week, the streets of London are being polluted by hate, violence, and antisemitism. Members of the public are being mobbed and intimidated. Jewish people in particular feel threatened. Further action is necessary.”

The police force declined to enforce such a ban, because they knew it would be impossible to enforce.

Here in Melbourne, more than 50 000 protesters marched along Swanston Street on Sunday. According to Slangman, they are anti-Semites, because none of their banners mentioned the 1200 Israeli deaths of October 7. Instead these banners mentioned the fact that Gaza hospitals are being bombed, over 11 000 people in Gaza are dead, including more than 4 000 children. Rather than mentioning October 7 2023, these banners also happened to mention that the history of this conflict goes back to 1948, when Israeli militia forced the ethnic cleansing of 700 000 people from their homelands into Gaza, and from then on an endless history of apartheid, dispossession, military violence and murder, and economic strangulation.
The real anti-Semites, those who in fact are fostering hatred of the Jewish people, are those who claim that the Netahanyu government is acting in the name of the Jewish people, in their "self-defence". That is why there are so many anti-Zionist Jews participating in these protests, holding up banners with the slogan: "Not in my name". Does Slangman claim that they are also anti-Semitic?
Come on Slangman. Name who you think has made an anti-Semitic post on this forum, referencing the incriminating post.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

think positive wrote:Could not agree more. The visions of 3/4 ofthe population walking down the highway, a woman walking 5 miles dragging her kids in car seats, this is just inhuman. Starting to wonder if the initial attack was actually organised by Israel as an excuse.

Where the **** is the UN?
The UN, to quote Vladimir Lenin, is a "thieves' kitchen". Lenin wrote this in respect to the League of Nations, but it absolutely applies with 100% accuracy today. The UN is dominated by the very capitalist governments who have openly declared their support for the ongoing genocide in Gaza (the US, Britain, France, Germany, etc). Appealing to them to intervene is like appealing to the organiser of a contract murder to stop the assassination from proceeding. They might feign sympathy, or utter a few weasly words, to cover their a%$es.

In answer to another quesiton of yours, who can stop this? The answer is: the international working class. Imagine what would happen if dockworkers refused to load any ship bound for israel, airport workers refused to facilitate any military transport to Israel, workers in munitions, arms and high tech weaponry factories in the US, Germany and Britain (the main suppliers of weapons to the IDF) went on indefinite political strike against genocide, if workers in every industry joined them to oppose the pro-genocide policies of their government. The international working class has the social power to stop this genocide overnight, if it had the necessary political leadership.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

slangman wrote:
If you say so :D
It was actually you that said it first and I suspected it was projection.
Flagpies
think positive
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Kingsofclutch wrote:
think positive wrote:4,506 Palestinian Children are Dead. Killed. murdered.

more children in 3 weeks than in all other conflicts combined since 2019.

4,506 Palestinian Children.

4,506. Children.

Children.
Thousands of children die every day for the lack of 2 cents worth of sugared water. Countries, corporations, individuals, anyone could change it right now for not a lot of money. Children.
oh sorry that makes it all ok then, carry on murdering!!!

my hubby doesnt get much right but he certainly gets one statement right: two wrongs dont make a right.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
KenH

Post by KenH »

slangman wrote:It still amazes me how many anti-semites on this forum barely raise an ounce of sympathy for the murders in cold blood of Israeli men, woman and children by those Hamas medieval barbarians who broke the truce on October 7th.

Too many on here with their small token of sympathy for the murdered Jewish people which is always followed by “yeah but….”
I have never been anti Jew but Netanyahu is making it very hard to like him and unfortunately he is hurting all of Israel. He will lose a lot of support and I feel for the Israelite's that sympathises with the Palestinians. I don't support Hamas but I do support the Palestinians.
Cheers big ears
think positive

Post by think positive »

Read back. I was more than sympathetic, but quite frankly this is way past ‘overkill’ in response. In fact it’s so over the top, I would not be surprised if the original terrorists were actually Israeli and looking for an excuse. It’s like a very bad movie. You could not write this shit. As for anti anything, you could not be more wrong. I don’t hate any religion, I do, however, hate any extremists, no matter who or what they choose to worship.
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

think positive wrote:Read back. I was more than sympathetic, but quite frankly this is way past ‘overkill’ in response. In fact it’s so over the top, I would not be surprised if the original terrorists were actually Israeli and looking for an excuse. It’s like a very bad movie. You could not write this shit. As for anti anything, you could not be more wrong. I don’t hate any religion, I do, however, hate any extremists, no matter who or what they choose to worship.
1. It is repulsive to suggest that “the original terrorists were actually Israeli”.
That’s is antisemitism 101.
And you have the temerity to call out “Hitlers mate”. FMD you have to be joking.

2. Hamas is intent on destroying Israel and have openly said that they will not stop their barbaric terror campaign.
Imagine how many more Israelis would be dead and continue to be killed by Hamas if Netanyahu took advice from some of the naive clowns on here that only focus on what Israel is doing wrong.
That’s also antisemitism 101.
- Side By Side -
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

The only person in all of this taking notes from Hitler's play-book is Netanyahu. We don't actually have language to capture that.
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

think positive wrote: oh sorry that makes it all ok then, carry on murdering!!!

my hubby doesnt get much right but he certainly gets one statement right: two wrongs dont make a right.
Firstly lets not pollute this sacred space by bringing marriage into it.

Secondly I was merely pointing out you aren't screaming for those children and the fix to their plight is infinitely easier than stopping a war, but you and everyone else does nothing.
Flagpies
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

Pies4shaw wrote:The only person in all of this taking notes from Hitler's play-book is Netanyahu. We don't actually have language to capture that.
Oh I don't know, been a few crystal nachts from the other team too.
Flagpies
think positive

Post by think positive »

Kingsofclutch wrote:
think positive wrote: oh sorry that makes it all ok then, carry on murdering!!!

Firstly lets not pollute this sacred space by bringing marriage into it.

Secondly I was merely pointing out you aren't screaming for those children and the fix to their plight is infinitely easier than stopping a war, but you and everyone else does nothing.
those kids are not in this thread. Caring about one lot of kids does not mean I don’t care about another group of kids. We just are not talking about them here.
think positive

Post by think positive »

slangman wrote:
think positive wrote:Read back. I was more than sympathetic, but quite frankly this is way past ‘overkill’ in response. In fact it’s so over the top, I would not be surprised if the original terrorists were actually Israeli and looking for an excuse. It’s like a very bad movie. You could not write this shit. As for anti anything, you could not be more wrong. I don’t hate any religion, I do, however, hate any extremists, no matter who or what they choose to worship.
1. It is repulsive to suggest that “the original terrorists were actually Israeli”.
That’s is antisemitism 101.
And you have the temerity to call out “Hitlers mate”. FMD you have to be joking.

2. Hamas is intent on destroying Israel and have openly said that they will not stop their barbaric terror campaign.
Imagine how many more Israelis would be dead and continue to be killed by Hamas if Netanyahu took advice from some of the naive clowns on here that only focus on what Israel is doing wrong.
That’s also antisemitism 101.
No it’s not. You know damn well I meant the “victim” of the first attacks. Just because you personally get offended by a comment doesn’t mean the comment was offensive.

I’m not racist or anti anything, I just can’t believe the rest of the world is standing by while a much bigger country destroys another using the excuse that terrorists might be hiding in tunnels under hospitals.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

You obviously dont know us very well, Slangman. No one in this conversation is going to justify the gratuitous murder of children and innocents by anyone, whether be Hamas, the IDF or a lunatic settler, and certainly not to get your worthless approval. You can shove your sectarian preferences where the sun don't shine.

Deploy every con in the book you like, but no one here is going to be gaslit into turning a blind eye to Netanyahu’s well-attested support and strengthening of Hamas; ongoing imposition of sub-human conditions on an entire people; use of a quack settler cult as human shields and militants to incite hatred; corruption, divisiveness and national destabilisation resulting in the biggest security failure in modern Israeli history; and wanton revenge killing of children, peasants and innocents.

The psychopathic ba$tard played games with the deranged Hamas to strengthen his own political hand, and got hundreds of his own citizens killed and taken in the process. And just like clockwork, the malignant narcissist doubled down on the destruction by going on a spree to cover the shame of the biggest Israeli security failure in decades.

Your pea-sized mind might struggle, but the rest of us can hold more than one thought in our heads at once. And no, we won't turn on Israel either, even if you are behaving like a Russian troll farm operative trying to provoke that very outcome.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

David wrote:Who are the anti-Semites on the forum? Name them and point to anything they've said that's anti-Jewish. It's a big accusation to make.
The majority of sympathy on here is for the Palestinians even though there are NO reports of any of Palestinians fighting back against Hamas and condemnation of the atrocities that they have committed.
When posters on here lay the majority (if not all) of blame on the Israelis that could only be from a point of either conscious or subconscious antisemitism.
Hamas has publicly stated that they will not stop and you expect the Israelis to just show restraint. Surely you’re not so naive to how the world actually works.

Btw, do you condemn Hamas for using the citizens of Gaza as human shields or is that just propaganda?
This conflict has two sides and history says that it’s always easier to blame the Jews.

One poster has even suggested that the terrorists were probably Israelis as an excuse by the government and IDF to attack Hamas. Not sure how the mods missed that one.
- Side By Side -