#10 Scott Pendlebury

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

AnthonyC
Been liked: 1 time

Post by AnthonyC »

Too old, too slow, should give it up.

Gee some people are absolutely mindless with a memory that only goes back about 5min. Probably the same type of people who honk their car horn at the car in front of them and don't see the traffic jam ahead.

If anything he is getting smarter every year and I just get a sense of calm when he has it in hand, can't imagine how much the whole team appreciates what he does.
Go Pies!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

The legend continues. 8)
maurs64
Been liked: 1 time

Post by maurs64 »

Can anyone confirm that Collingwood wins the game every time Pendlebury kicks a goal? Must admit when he kicked a goal in the GF I knew we would win. Same today. When he kicks points though, we usually lose!
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Today we kicked 4 goals in 1st Qtr, Pendles kicked 2 and was goal assist for the other 2. He doesn’t seem to be slowing down much, he could push on for the record.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Jezza
Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

He's ageing like fine wine.

His first quarter alone was extraordinary. 2 goals, 2 goal assists, 12 disposals at 75% disposal efficiency, 5 score involvements and 2 clearances.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
VicParkTragic
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by VicParkTragic »

^ I was at the game today and I was thinking that we are witnessing something very special with Pendleburys late career form. It’s quite extraordinary.
Living in Geelong, barracking for the 'pies!
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

At 36 and with 393 games behind him has he played a better game in the past couple years ?
It’s subjective for sure but his input yesterday was likely the biggest difference between winning and losing
The way he started the game and the control he showed during the stages when we where under the pump was extraordinary
Right now he’s still in our top 5 players most weeks if not each week
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Well, yes - his last quarter in the 2023 Grand Final was ridiculous. But yesterday was also outstanding, albeit it with a little less riding on it.
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Wonder what Scotty's got in store for us on the Freo road trip. Will be game SP394. Assuming he doesn't get rested, I think he's on target for a Friday July 12 Round 18 home trip to the G for his 400th against the cats
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

I wouldn’t have thought so given we have the bye after another 3 games.

I hope his 400th is against Cats for a home Friday night game that will be packed rather than the Hawks the following week.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Jezza wrote:He's ageing like fine wine.

His first quarter alone was extraordinary. 2 goals, 2 goal assists, 12 disposals at 75% disposal efficiency, 5 score involvements and 2 clearances.
Yes.
Although sometimes I think he isn't aging at all, but has discovered the secret of rewinding time.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ Well, yes - his last quarter in the 2023 Grand Final was ridiculous. But yesterday was also outstanding, albeit it with a little less riding on it.
Fair point that was another amazing quarter
I guess we could go and find another 40 or 50 of those type of quarters during his career but to be delivering them in what is the twilight of his career beggers belief at times
Another fun fact when the team at half time was going at 53% kicking eff he was delivering the ball at 79%
Let’s all marvel at this player and await his 400th
Side note I mentioned to she who must be obeyed (aka my better half) that I wanted to go to the game and figured it would be against the cats but think I’ll wait until a week or so before just to be sure
But I sure want to be in the masses when he runs out for that game
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Two things stand out for me with regards to Pendles :
1. He sets himself for BIG games, especially finals and rarely (if ever) let's us down.
2. This year he has demonstrated that, even in his 'twilight' years, he plays best as a midfielder. Not only does he play better there, but it enables him to lead and conduct the play of our whole team.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

I can’t see a single reason as to why Pendles can’t play on next season. This luxury car is firing on all cylinders and has a lot of mileage left in it. A gun player doesn’t suddenly lose his value unless badly injured or is restricted in his movements.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Jay Clark:
'Pendlebury is the eighth highest-rated player in the competition over the past month according to Champion Data...
McRae said the club would likely meet with Pendlebury ... around the mid-season bye to discuss a contract extension....
"With Pendles I have got the relationship and he was the captain, (so) this is your decision," McRae said on SEN.
"I think that stands true with what he wants to do with his career. I'm not going to stand in the way of what he wants."'

(Hun)