Post Match. Pies win another thriller. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Pete 70
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Pete 70 »

There was clearly a play on call. This is such a beat up. Can we have 2 pages on that sook who didn’t get the ball straight away even though he’d called time off so there was zero time waiting that gave a goal and 2 points to Freo. Whatever. I’ll do Steve Waugh: check the paper next week Collingwood won. The belief is building again in the squad. I’m getting excited about the back half.
Dispatches from a foreign land
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Bucks5 »

Lone Ranger wrote:Just watch replay of the “non 50” on On The Couch. You could hear of the umpires call “play on” as the controlling umpire pays the mark
I didn't see it but on EBW most people think the other umpire said "pay it" twice.
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
1eyedpie
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by 1eyedpie »

^
I’m sure it sounds like play on.

Also the confused look on Sideys face leads me to believe he heard the play on call too!
Never disperse your focus unless absolutely necessary. Face one adversary at a time!

BARRACK HARD!
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

MagpiesTheGreat wrote:I am just enjoying our win wholeheartedly, regardless :)

How miserable the North people are after enjoying the footy for 3 quarters :)
Me too. And it doesn’t surprise me any more when we win like this. I backed us at half time at $2.30 and when we were $6 at 3 qtr time I went again. Cream on the cake.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

Damien wrote:I backed us at half time at $2.30 and when we were $6 at 3 qtr time I went again. Cream on the cake.
Great and rightful rewards for a faithful Magpie fan!!! :)
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

Bucks5 wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:Just watch replay of the “non 50” on On The Couch. You could hear of the umpires call “play on” as the controlling umpire pays the mark
I didn't see it but on EBW most people think the other umpire said "pay it" twice.
Yep, I just watched the segment and that's what I heard too. They definitely don't say "play on" until after the mark was called.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Actually the hacked kick from Nick Daicos well Nick was taken out and pushed in the back as he kicked it and was dumped to the ground. Thought there was a free to Nick there was after he kicked it and was a late bump too as with the rest of that play then the Roos player did run off his line as he thought the ball bounced thats why he played on to me if i was that Roos player i would have just settled it and claimed it all the while drawing Side and McCreery in then that would have been a 50 m penalty.
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

I never review oppositions umpiring complaints after a game, I just look at the ladder. :-)