To the Zillennials: A Warning

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

lazzadesilva wrote:The Scum won’t beat the Swans in the Granny. Swans will be too good.
Yee have little faith Lazza.

The scum won't even make the Grand final. The Pies will smash the Swans in the Grannie.
Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

Carlton can win it, yes. But so can Sydney and so can Collingwood. Still a long way to go.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Absolutely Carlscum is a contender.
And Swans are justifiably favorites.
But the one thing i note, is that the Pies have a level of mental hardness and structure which brings fear to every opponent.
Happy to fly under the radar, while we amass the mental strength, synergy, iron clad gameplan to terrify the opposition.
No finals contendor will want to face us.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
jonmac1954
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Swans have a soft underbelly and it's all the AFL's fault.
They gift them games up at that sardine can they call a ground and the Swans lap up the advantage.
It's a different matter in the finals series however - they can't hide in their dung heap of a ground and must play at the G.
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

For the younger posters who dont understand how truly obnoxious Carlscum fans are just look at orange man himself Donald Trump the combination of stupidity arrogance corruption sexual assault and self entitlement make him the perfect example of a true bluescum supporter
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ That's correct - provided you don't play them until the Grand Final - chances are, their other Finals will be in Sydney. It's very important to avoid 4th, if at all possible, while still making the top 4.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Magpietothemax wrote:Absolutely Carlscum is a contender.
And Swans are justifiably favorites.
But the one thing i note, is that the Pies have a level of mental hardness and structure which brings fear to every opponent.
Happy to fly under the radar, while we amass the mental strength, synergy, iron clad gameplan to terrify the opposition.
No finals contendor will want to face us.
Agree.
Let's not forget, a year and a half after this thread was started, they sacked the coach.
Still plenty to play out, I'm not jumping at shadows just yet!
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

dalyc wrote:I’m fearing it now
It's hard to gauge exactly how brittle Geebung have become.
The rot and descent started with retirement of Selwood in 2022, who cost us badly in that QF.

Dangerflog doesn't fire, then it's all on Miers, SDK, Stewart, Sniper Cameron and Ollie to carry the rest of the handbaggers.

Once Scum played defensive forward negating Stewart, Cats backline was a rabble...

See how both teams go against us once players have returned from injury
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

By round 4, Collingwood was aiming for the wooden spoon.

The best teams are those up to round 14 so far.

10 rounds and Finals still ahead.
Jezza
Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

piedys wrote:
dalyc wrote:I’m fearing it now
It's hard to gauge exactly how brittle Geebung have become.
The rot and descent started with retirement of Selwood in 2022, who cost us badly in that QF.

Dangerflog doesn't fire, then it's all on Miers, SDK, Stewart, Sniper Cameron and Ollie to carry the rest of the handbaggers.

Once Scum played defensive forward negating Stewart, Cats backline was a rabble...

See how both teams go against us once players have returned from injury
Geelong don't have a competent midfield group, and once teams apply the tag on Stewart they don't have any other weapons to manoeuvre their way out of trouble.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

neil wrote:For the younger posters who dont understand how truly obnoxious Carlscum fans are just look at orange man himself Donald Trump the combination of stupidity arrogance corruption sexual assault and self entitlement make him the perfect example of a true bluescum supporter
Very apt Neil...I hadn't thought of that before, but I think Trump is the perfect metaphor for a Carlton supporter....too bad he is a person and not a metaphor!
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
neil wrote:For the younger posters who dont understand how truly obnoxious Carlscum fans are just look at orange man himself Donald Trump the combination of stupidity arrogance corruption sexual assault and self entitlement make him the perfect example of a true bluescum supporter
Very apt Neil...I hadn't thought of that before, but I think Trump is the perfect metaphor for a Carlton supporter....too bad he is a person and not a metaphor!
Spot on.
swooper
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by swooper »

Hard to see Sydney not playing in the Granny but there is still a long way to go before the final four is sorted.
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

The fact their first final will be in Sydney, certainly sets them up beautifully for a GF appearance......except if we finish 4th and beat them in week one. :wink:
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Skids »

swooper wrote:Hard to see Sydney not playing in the Granny but there is still a long way to go before the final four is sorted.
Yes and no.

From round 15 to the end of the qualifying rounds last the season, the composition of the top 4 remained the same. The only difference being the Lions and power swapped 2nd & 3rd.

Top 4 round 15 2023

Pies 48pts
Port 48pts
Lions 40pts
D's 36 pts

Top 4 round 24 2023

Pies 72
Lions 68
Port 68 (who said % doesn't matter?!)
D's 64

The big shuffle came in the bottom half of the top 8.

Essendon, Dogs & Crows all dropped out and sides that were sitting 13th (Sydney 24pts), 14th (GWS 24pts) & 15th (Carlton 22pts) took their spots.

Geelong will be one who will drop out and Port will be another. I believe the Lions and the Hawks will replace those 2.

Fremantle are an interesting one. They travel to the SCG this week and depending on which freo shows up, the losing margin could be anywhere between 3 and 103 points.
They then play 5 of their last 8 at Optus, including against my 2 sliders, cats and power.... I think they make it.

GWS are vulnerable. They meet an off the bye Crows side in Adelaide this week in a tricky one. Then it's the Blues at home before a couple they 'should' win (The suns at home, Tigers and D's at the G).
August looks a bit tougher for them with; Hawks, Brisbane (GABBA), Freo and Dogs.

Could Melbourne or the Dogs sneak in? I doubt Melbourne will, but give the dogs a sniff.

Hawks have come in further to make the 8, now at 2/1.

The only change I could see to the current top 4 is if Brisbane continue their climb and displace Essendon. They will win their next 3; D's and crows at the GABBA then the wiggles in Perth. After that it's a massive game back at The GABBA v the Swans.
Their final 2 matches will definitely be the games to shape the final top 4 - Pies at the G and Bombers at home.

My top 8

Swans
Pies
Blues
Lions
Essendon
Freo
Hawks
Dogs
Don't count the days, make the days count.