Post Match. Pies bombed. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

What'sinaname wrote:
pietillidie wrote:To my mind, it says a lot that all despite, we're still not that far away. I will repost what I said in the match thread:
This is one of those games where every player is just off the pace, so we're making too many errors in every phase of play, whether it's a skilled player like Josh or Bruzzy, a fringe player like Markov, a long-term injury recoverer like Kruges, or players still off the pace because of medium-term injury (Checkers, Pendles, Jordy, etc.). This messes up even players you think should be doing better, because the whole is too far out of kilter.

With that sort of instability on top of a thin and ageing list, the synchronisation and clean ball movement won't be there for a while, with the high risk of our style making it look worse and hitting player confidence on top of that. Better opponents are too much of an ask, with Essendon playing a really good style of football.

We have to try to pinch the odd win while the overall fitness and team sychronisation recover. It's amazing we have won this many games. It will have to be a late charge to get anything from the season because you'd reckon it will take a good few weeks to recover our movement and confidence.

Hang in there, folks. The great thing about this season is the number of players we've exposed and the success of Josh Fraser's work, which is far and above the best way to remedy the underlying challenges. So, at least we know the club is getting absolutely every gain it can in the circumstances.
It worse at the ground than on TV. We are lazy and let the Bombers spread the ay too easily. They keep possession as they know one of our guys will blow an assignment and create a free player
To be fair, that was evident on telly, too. But I see that as part of sychronisation and stability. So many players haven't had a decent run in any position, or in any zone with the same players around them. With this game style, everything being off-kilter means players are in the wrong spot, hesitatant as not drilled enough in certain patterns and sequences, and so on, resulting in a high error rate.

It might seem that a player has a role and it should be obvious whatever space needs covering, but at that level of physical effort and with our high-risk game play, a good side will take advantage of the incoherence. I think we just have to keep our heads because this is an all-in kind of game style. In the off-season tweaks can be made and personnel can improve in positions and zones, but they can't overcome the lack of stability and synchronisation with just more effort with this much instability and injury recovery, even if it looks like they could.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

woodys_world69 wrote:they started like Fly wanted... but for whatever reason 2nd and 3rd Quarters they were cooked
Flys Russian roulette game style has been found out. Maybe with Mitchel in the middle you’re a better chance of winning in and under but without him we’re not winning around the ball and then are NOWHERE defensively. Add that to zero desire to even run defensively you get the shit we’ve served up.
Maybe with an inform backline you get a bit of cover but our backs are as effective as covering our midfield as a comb over on tinder.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

Yes we looked slow.
Just slow.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

ANNODAM wrote:I can’t see light at the end of the tunnel.

Ageing list, players off the boil, just shit house.

Shultz not good.

Bobby, Checkers, WHE, Crisp, IQ, JDG all go quiet way too often when we need them to fire up.
Josh tonight was not fit, the amount of times he handballed instead of kicking.

Darcy coughing up the pill too many times.

There’s only so much Pendles & Sideass can do.

Cameron needs help, by the time we get the rest of the troops back, it’ll be too late to do anything with them.

Also, no draft picks means we’re screwed.

Crisp kicked three great goals played his heart out. Bit harsh there.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Haff

Post by Haff »

Piesnchess wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:I can’t see light at the end of the tunnel.

Ageing list, players off the boil, just shit house.

Shultz not good.

Bobby, Checkers, WHE, Crisp, IQ, JDG all go quiet way too often when we need them to fire up.
Josh tonight was not fit, the amount of times he handballed instead of kicking.

Darcy coughing up the pill too many times.

There’s only so much Pendles & Sideass can do.

Cameron needs help, by the time we get the rest of the troops back, it’ll be too late to do anything with them.

Also, no draft picks means we’re screwed.

Crisp kicked three great goals played his heart out. Bit harsh there.
I only saw the second half, hardly fired a shot when it got tough.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

^ Mr pessimism right on cue.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

And Crisp did what after those 3 goals?

Too many down for far too long.

Letting fat fk ass Stringer get that junk goal at the end of the first just gives me the SHITS!

Fkn fat fk!
Last edited by ANNODAM on Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Haff

Post by Haff »

Piesnchess wrote:^ Mr pessimism right on cue.
And a bottle of red out to dinner. Not a good mix.
woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

Ned long the sub ended up having more disposals then Q....
somethings wrong with him.. This is what happens when your team has 50 injuries during the year, half the team that end up on the field are playing injured with niggles that build up over time...

and we have had 2 byes...i hope Fly doesnt give another boring press conference.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Just going through the motions now time to blood the kids now season done
Thank god we won the premiership in 2023
Time to rebuild again
Turf put some players
Fly has run out of tricks in 2024
Endless injuries
Too much false hope
Interesting to see our membership numbers now
22 and 23 was our ride
Mothball this season
Reload for 2025 and clear the slate

Enough said
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Just going through the motions now time to blood the kids now season done
Thank god we won the premiership in 2023
Time to rebuild again
Turf put some players
Fly has run out of tricks in 2024
Endless injuries
Too much false hope
Interesting to see our membership numbers now
22 and 23 was our ride
Mothball this season
Reload for 2025 and clear the slate

Enough said
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by stoliboy »

Positives: The game is over!
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
Haff

Post by Haff »

woodys_world69 wrote:i hope Fly doesnt give another boring press conference.
I wish he’d come out and say, yeah that was shithouse.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Worst game of the year for us,or at least the most disappointing.There was so much at stake tonight,but we clearly didn’t want it enough.The hunger has gone from the players,it’s so obvious now.They’re just going through the motions,trying when it’s too late,just to make it look respectable,but that’s all.

Like many people I thought injuries have cruelled us this year,but I think our problems have gone beyond that now,The team just looms complacent now,happy with the one premiership they won last year.There's no urgency in their play,and too much is left to to few.

It shouldn’t come as a surprise because we don’t do dynasties like other clubs do.Thank god we won last year,because I can’t see us winning another one any time soon.
Last edited by doriswilgus on Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Disappointed that Long was sub.
...cant see the reason for it.
Without both Sullivan and Mitchell, why wouldnt you slot in the replacement immediately?
I am sure this did not cause the result, but why didnt we make the obvious move?
Injuries have cruelled this team.
Absence of Cox is unravelling our structure.
Don't know what Frampton's role was tonight, and it looked like he didnt either.
I am not making excuses.
I am not claiming that this is why we are not going to win the flag this year.
But we have been utterly decimated.
Beau and JFN last week.
Now Checkers (after his previous injury)
I think the injury tonight to Checkers sums it up.
Sometimes, the random nature of reality lifts you to heaven. Sometimes, it cuts your throat.
Think this is what is now happening.
Last edited by Magpietothemax on Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins