What are our chances for 2024?

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

What do you think our chances are of winning the 2024 premiership?

Very good – we're in the box seat and will be hard to stop
27%
Pretty good – we should finish top 4 and still be in contention on preliminary final weekend, but hard to know from there
47%
Unsure – new season, everyone starts from scratch, and we're just one of many teams that can win it
19%
Not so good – expecting a premiership hangover and/or for other teams to pass us by
7%

Total votes: 113

Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Season ruined by mass long term injuries, second only to Richmond who are rock bottom, a very tough unfair fixture, and retirement
of Murphy,who was in peak form, who was so vital to our backs. Hawks game is last shot in the locker, win we are back in contention to make the 8, lose and rack the cue for 2024, move onto immediate plans for a far better 2025.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Down to 12th
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

In the cold heart light of day we’re 12th on the ladder. 1month ago we were Top4 and 2kicks inside the 8. Now we are only a kick outside the 8. But it feels like a bloody long kick
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
magpiemike
Been liked: 4 times

Post by magpiemike »

Just re-tweaked the ladder predictor and the highest I could get us finishing on current form is 10th. I guess people believe in miracles. Not me.
Jen2310
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Jen2310 »

magpiemike wrote:Just re-tweaked the ladder predictor and the highest I could get us finishing on current form is 10th. I guess people believe in miracles. Not me.
I agree. Ive done it a few times, and have us either 9th or 10th. Fox Footy has us at 12th.

You can win 4/6 games and still miss finals. Because thats how close the ladder is, and with our low percentage.

Hawks no guarantee, but lets say hawks and richmond. The others? I wouldn't say we go in as favs at all.
Jezza
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Post by Jezza »

It's never over until it's mathematically over.

However, I think we'll be struggling to make the 8 from here unless we have a massive uptick in form.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
1eyedpie
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by 1eyedpie »

The way I look at it is the last time we lost three in a row at the start of the season I thought we were cooked but the club/team turned it around and away we went.

If we can get over the hawks and tigs and win two of car/bris/melb games we can finish 8th with a trip in week one of the finals probably against freo.

Probably a loss but making the finals with the amount of injuries we’ve had is probably a pass mark.

The other scenario would be Essendon in week one at the G and we have the chance to eliminate them and inflict more pain on their supporters………now that would be a pass mark :lol:
Never disperse your focus unless absolutely necessary. Face one adversary at a time!

BARRACK HARD!
Big T
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

It could be a blessing in disguise. A good hard look at our list shows we have much ground to make up.
Buon Giorno
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re:

Post by piedys »

1eyedpie wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:39 pm The other scenario would be Essendon in week one at the G and we have the chance to eliminate them and inflict more pain on their supporters………now that would be a pass mark :lol:
Essendon will be scrapping with us for 8th spot like two dogs at a bone, at this rate
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Re: What are our chances for 2024?

Post by BazBoy »

Not looking flash at the G today

It’s hard to pass judgment on the coaching but possible that the getting better every day can be replaced with getting better players every draft
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Prometheus
Been liked: 1 time

Re:

Post by Prometheus »

Big T wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 4:43 am It could be a blessing in disguise. A good hard look at our list shows we have much ground to make up.
Agree 100%
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Is it over yet? What a sad day.

Enough rhetoric from Fly. The tactics aren’t working. The effort isn’t there. The message is not getting through. And the mistakes are just embarrassing now. Maybe this is our new normal again and we over achieved in weeks 4 to 13. Either way it’s more than injuries because we’ve been carved up time and again the last month, much the same way as the first 3 rounds.

I think it’s time Geoff Brown had a quiet word with Ned, Wright, Bolton and Fly and they sort their shit out. Very little time left to make anything out of season 2024 other than more marketing.

What on earth has happened to such a promising season?
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Big T
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

The Black and White Lion wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 6:31 pm Is it over yet? What a sad day.

Enough rhetoric from Fly. The tactics aren’t working. The effort isn’t there. The message is not getting through. And the mistakes are just embarrassing now. Maybe this is our new normal again and we over achieved in weeks 4 to 13. Either way it’s more than injuries because we’ve been carved up time and again the last month, much the same way as the first 3 rounds.

I think it’s time Geoff Brown had a quiet word with Ned, Wright, Bolton and Fly and they sort their shit out. Very little time left to make anything out of season 2024 other than more marketing.

What on earth has happened to such a promising season?
100%. This is on the coaches.
Buon Giorno
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

Well at least we won't have to fork out big money for finals tickets.
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

Think we change the “is” to “has” in time run out
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right