PENDING FORUM DOWNTIME > BACK UP & RUNNING

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Re: PENDING FORUM DOWNTIME > BACK UP & RUNNING

Post by stui magpie »

I see that there's a "like" count on posts and that some posts have been getting "likes". Where is the "like" button?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Bucks5 »

Stui, I just viewed your list of liked posts (they are at the bottom of your profile). Mike is the only one to have liked your posts but the counter does not show how many likes each post has, it is showing how many liked posts each poster has in total.

So, you have got Mike's stamp of approval 5 times and I have only got it the once :(
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
Mike
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Mike »

Suffer @Bucks5 ! :P

Testing the new likes function, I just liked every post that was responding to my recent posts. Stui must have responded 5 times and you once - no preference intended.

That's correct; the number of likes under the username is the accumulated likes of all the user's posts. The number of likes under each post is shown by the names of those who have liked that post.
Mike

Post by Mike »

stui magpie wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:34 am I see that there's a "like" count on posts and that some posts have been getting "likes". Where is the "like" button?
The likes button is the 'thumbs up' button - the last in the group at the top of each post.

Once you have 'liked' a post the button will change to a 'thumbs down' which will allow you to remove the 'like' if you've made a mistake or changed your mind.
KenHock
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by KenHock »

:D :D
Mike wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:06 am
stui magpie wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:34 am I see that there's a "like" count on posts and that some posts have been getting "likes". Where is the "like" button?
The likes button is the 'thumbs up' button - the last in the group at the top of each post.

Once you have 'liked' a post the button will change to a 'thumbs down' which will allow you to remove the 'like' if you've made a mistake or changed your mind.
Cheers big ears!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Thanks mike, I can't see a thumbs up button. On my screen there's only 2 buttons, a quote button " and a report button. (plus the edit button on my own posts) I'm running Chrome as a browser if that means anything.

Interestingly, on my Samsung Tablet, also using Chrome, the red exclamation mark in the report button isn't visible, it's just a blank white button.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

hey a like button is cool! (thanks for the 7 likes Mike!!!) can we get an eyeroll too please!!!!!

I clicked on the private messages as it said 10, wow, I had messages I missed from 2017!!!!

the new site gets a big thumbs up from me!!! cheers
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Mike

Post by Mike »

stui magpie wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 12:30 pm Thanks mike, I can't see a thumbs up button. On my screen there's only 2 buttons, a quote button " and a report button. (plus the edit button on my own posts) I'm running Chrome as a browser if that means anything.

Interestingly, on my Samsung Tablet, also using Chrome, the red exclamation mark in the report button isn't visible, it's just a blank white button.
Took awhile, but I think I found the problem. Try it now @stui magpie
Mike

Post by Mike »

...and I think your tablet just need its cache cleared / refreshed.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Thanks @Mike, It's showing now, both the like button and the red ! on the report button on the tablet. :D
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Bucks5 »

Good work @Mike. The Thumbs up (Like) is working for me too and it was clever to re-label the Likes count to 'Has liked'.
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
Mike

Post by Mike »

stui magpie wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 3:58 pm Thanks @Mike, It's showing now, both the like button and the red ! on the report button on the tablet. :D
Also, when using the @ at the beginning of a username make sure to preserve the space after the username when you're typing the next part of your message. Don't backspace to add a comma or full stop (or anything else), otherwise whatever you typed forms part of the username and it doesn't work.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Thanks again @Mike it seems to work better when you wait and use the pick list.
Mike

Post by Mike »

stui magpie wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 4:23 pm Thanks again @Mike it seems to work better when you wait and use the pick list.
That one worked!
duggieboy
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by duggieboy »

Hi Mike

Every time I'm in Nicks I'm getting a pop up asking me to accept or decline cookies.
Whatever I select, it keeps popping up continually, even when I click on another thread.

This only started in the last 48 hours or so.

Any clues?