Umpiring rants ~ receive our scorn

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

Change his name to Charlie Curnow and the umpires will not miss even the slightest holding.
- Side By Side -
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

slangman wrote:Change his name to Charlie Curnow and the umpires will not miss even the slightest holding.
Im lucky enough to watch the Blues play most weeks and yeah it’s night and day. The more players you watch, the more obvious it is some players are umpired differently to others
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

Nick already gets slated by oppo supporters as a protected species. Imagine if we went public. It would be merciless for the kid.

I would certainly hope that the Club is taking concerns to the AFL as required. But going public won’t help us or more importantly Nick.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

So Friday night was the last game I had been to live (I live interstate) since we beat the Swans at the MCG last year, and the constant scragging of Nick was incredible to see, I can't believe how someone was hanging off him the whole effing game.

Shame on the umpires, and to be frank, shame on us, for doing nothing to address it. I didn't see the type of blocking a clearances I saw last year, and eff all aggression from team mates at the scragging player either
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Re: Nick Daicos getting held

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Mr Miyagi wrote:It was blatant, we could see it twenty rows back (I had the binoculars though). There is no $�$%^%%$ way FOUR umpires are missing it.

Time for the club to speak up about it.

De Goey also getting held/blocked, but not as much. And he seems to be paying the Trav Cloke tax (you’re big and strong).
Mate, I was on Level 4 and I wear glasses, it was as clear as the nose on your face from up there!
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

dalyc wrote:Nick already gets slated by oppo supporters as a protected species. Imagine if we went public. It would be merciless for the kid.

I would certainly hope that the Club is taking concerns to the AFL as required. But going public won’t help us or more importantly Nick.
I sincerely hope the club hasn’t held back behind closed doors with AFL HQ. Not only player welfare and the fairness of the game, but has everyone forgotten the major umpire Brownlow betting scandal?
dalyc
Been liked: 12 times

Ducking back but no frees

Post by dalyc »

https://www.reddit.com/r/AFL/s/S5PzZKBRZR

Proof it was only because Ginni played for us
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Re: Ducking back but no frees

Post by Big T »

It was so obvious v us. They stoop low and then run head first into an opposition player. They should have their neck ripped off and it’s Mitchell taking the piss and he should be called out for dangerous tactics which make a mockery of the concussion situation. Pies wouldn’t get any of these frees and if it was happening at our club we would be crucified.
Buon Giorno
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

And the chicken wing tackle with Geelong vs us. Dangerfield is a hypocrite
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

dalyc wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:21 pm https://www.reddit.com/r/AFL/s/S5PzZKBRZR

Proof it was only because Ginni played for us
“Sam the genius coaching” — give me a break, Gerard!
Dark Beanie
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Mr Miyagi wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:57 am And the chicken wing tackle with Geelong vs us. Dangerfield is a hypocrite
Yep, Dangermouse aka Captain KFC
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Mr Miyagi

Re: Umpiring rants ~ receive our scorn

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Absolute one-sided Carlton biased farce. Umpires teamed us. Again. I am so sick of the illegal holds on Daicos
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Mr Miyagi wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 10:14 pm Absolute one-sided Carlton biased farce. Umpires teamed us. Again. I am so sick of the illegal holds on Daicos
Another fiasco from these cheating fluorescent whistled lumps of shit.
Sick of jumping off the couch and yelling at TV at all the Carlton charity, while the same shit gets done to us for "play on" .
Losing my voice, and need a panadol now.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
skaman
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by skaman »

Shocking display that played into Scums hands. Tried sooo hard to get them over line. Love to know free count 8-4 to them was last time they displayed. We tackled great with no reward. Over it. Glad we won regardless
Enjoy yourself. Its later than you think!
Dudham
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Dudham »

Carlton had 51 tackles. I reckon half of those were on Nick without the ball.
I'm forever blowing bubbles
Pretty bubbles in the air.