CEO Craig Kelly accused of racism

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

CEO Craig Kelly accused of racism

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Sigh Here we go. Front and centre on Herald-Sun website. It’s a paywalled Herald-Sun link but expect it to be everywhere soon.
Kelly is accused of racist jokes. The indigenous joke is shameful, I won’t repeat it. If true, he needs to resign.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscribe/ ... nt-2-SCORE

I question the timing given the allegations didn’t just happen today. Stengle’s weekend incident should be headline AFL news but is getting swept under the “he just had too many beers after a long day, nothing to see here” rug. Better run a Collingwood scandal to put that fire out.
And the biggest game of the year this week for the club in terms of player achievements and finals chances — media can’t help but pee on our parade.

But like I said, if it’s true then Ned must resign. No apology and second chances, show him the door and be swift about it.
Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: CEO Craig Kelly accused of racism

Post by slangman »

I read the article and the allegations.

Either Craig Kelly is an absolute idiot or the person making the allegations is full of sh*t.
No grey area in this one.
- Side By Side -
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

slangman wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:24 pm ^
Is there an accuser? I can’t read the full article. Timing of its release is sus. But yeah, no grey area here — the emails exist or they don’t.
Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daics aka the ruckman
Been liked: 3 times

Post by daics aka the ruckman »

slangman wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:24 pm ^
I tend to agree. The allegations cover almost every insult you could muster. Craig Kelly doesn't rise to CEO if he behaves like this.
go pies
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I’m hoping it’s not true and Kelly/the club hit the Herald Sun hard with a defamation lawsuit. I just read everything and surely he wouldn’t be so stupid. Especially the club given our Do Better. Surely.
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

The full article is on big footy, if there is even a hint of truth to it, he can leave yesterday.

Gees

But the danger meme is funny
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Yep, if true he needs to go now. Channel 10 news right now reporting calls to strip Collingwood of premiership points. If Kelly did it, we deserve the scorn — but geez the timing of this release absolutely stinks of a stitch up.
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

If you believe in karma maybe it already cost us points!!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

I've read the whole article, all the details will be picked up by other media soon enough. The info comes from documents lodged

The person making the allegations is Mark Cleaver, an ex employee. Apparently the complaints were made internally, investigated and not substantiated back in March. He was sacked in May for reasons not documented.
The documents were filed with the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia on Monday. .....The documents were filed as part of an application against Mr Cleaver’s dismissal, seeking compensation for “hurt, humiliation and distress and economic loss”.
It'll be interesting to see what Jeff Browne and Jodie Sizer have to say.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

That changes things, Stui.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Sounds like it was just Pissed at getting Sacked so trying to Sue the Club by making Stories up
I am Da Man
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hiss »

Can’t the Club just keep a lid on this crap like I have said many times. Just squeeze a sponsor for some more cash and pay the complainer out before it gets in the media.
In the Club movie they hired the stripper who got slapped by our President, as a Secretary. That’s how things need to be handled.
We can’t afford these racism things to derail our finals campaign.
I get called a racist , bigot, misogynist, etc everyday . That’s life , you just get over it.
The Club needs to close ranks and get behind Craig Kelly. Let’s focus on his mental health. He must be going through hell dealing with this. They need to call a press conference and have Darcy Moore defend Craig.
Saturday’s banner should read: ‘Enough is Enough’ We stand by Craig. But if it is true and he said these things , we need to sack the media department for letting it get out.
Send Craig for treatment in the US to the Betty Ford Clinic until the media shut up. He can then resume full duties after his all expenses paid retreat once the drama dies down. We can’t afford to lose one of our greats over this nonsense. Let’s blame the AFL for not supporting him as well.
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by stoliboy »

Article on the ABC now as well. No paywall.

Collingwood Football Club taken to court over racial discrimination allegations
By court reporter Kristian Silva
30/7/24
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-07-30/ ... /104160444
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
DT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by DT »

I guess he has a right of reply in court under oath. I've no idea whether these allegations have any substance
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 152 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

@Hiss it's been a while. Did you manage to steal your confiscated iPad back from Nurse Rathched at the Corio Bay Retirement Home?
Be careful, I hear she can be quite vindictive.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers