CEO Craig Kelly accused of racism

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

DT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Re: CEO Craig Kelly accused of racism

Post by DT »

There is an article about Cleaver on the website nit.com.au
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

/\ oh boy!

The wording ...

hmm ok im now changing my vote to giving Kelly the benefit of the doubt!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

I'll attest, Ned has a firm handshake. I don't have MS and even I noticed how firm his handshake is.

The allegations are pretty bad. If true, there is an obvious disconnect between CEO and President that makes that relationship untenable. They have to be on the same page as to what they doing and implementing as a part of repairing indigenous relations.

I am disgusted also at comments by Elder Aunty Carol Thorp. I'd prefer we find another Elder to work with.
Last edited by What'sinaname on Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Reading big footy and the question I need an answer to is why was Cleaver sacked?

The AFL, internal and police reviews found nothing, Leon Davies didn’t quit and he’s been vocal on other issue, rightly so, something stinks to high heaven.

This is so unfair to Pendles, and to Kelly , like Clarkson, hung out to dry and cannot defend himself.

Gees the outrage over a listed geefrickinlong player unconscious in a nightclub died quickly.

How convenient
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
thesoretoothsayer
Been liked: 14 times

Post by thesoretoothsayer »

A gay, non-binary, indigenous they/them person with MS.
Collingwood must've thought they'd won the diversity lottery.
lihei
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by lihei »

thesoretoothsayer wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 8:51 am A gay, non-binary, indigenous they/them person with MS.
Collingwood must've thought they'd won the diversity lottery.
That's the poison chalice. Be careful what you wish for. I've seen it in my workplace previously.
Cancel the Cancel Culture.
Croat Pie
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Croat Pie »

think positive wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 8:37 am Reading big footy and the question I need an answer to is why was Cleaver sacked?
This is the problem these days. You can't actually sack someone easily enough because they're sh!t at their job. Maybe the bloke just wasn't suitable for the job.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

I'd love to be able to read the actual documents lodged with the court to try to understand exactly what section of which legislation this claim comes under.

It's not unfair dismissal, that goes to fair work Australia, he's already been there.

It's not unlawful dismissal, at least there's nothing in the parts quoted about the reasons for his termination.

They seem to be trying to paint a picture of systematic discrimination and throwing Race, Gender, Sexual Orientation and Disability all into the pot, with elements of workplace bullying.

So it's been through an internal investigation with independent external oversight for no result, Vic Pol hasn't taken any action, the AFL Integrity unit were over it and handed it back to the club to deal with (and you'd assume they were appraised of the result of the internal investigation) and it got no where at FWA.

Smells to me like slinging mud of multiple types in multiple directions hoping to hit one target hard enough to illicit a cash settlement.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Croat Pie wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:36 am
think positive wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 8:37 am Reading big footy and the question I need an answer to is why was Cleaver sacked?
This is the problem these days. You can't actually sack someone easily enough because they're sh!t at their job. Maybe the bloke just wasn't suitable for the job.
Given he'd only been there 6 months, if he was a few days less than the full six months then that would be within his probation period and he can't claim unfair dismissal. On the other hand, given the nature of the role, I'd guess he was employed on a Maximum Term Contract, which is similar to a fixed term contract but has provision for the employer to cancel the contract at any time providing payment of 4 weeks notice, which he was given.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

stui magpie wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:37 am I'd love to be able to read the actual documents lodged with the court to try to understand exactly what section of which legislation this claim comes under.

It's not unfair dismissal, that goes to fair work Australia, he's already been there.

It's not unlawful dismissal, at least there's nothing in the parts quoted about the reasons for his termination.

They seem to be trying to paint a picture of systematic discrimination and throwing Race, Gender, Sexual Orientation and Disability all into the pot, with elements of workplace bullying.

So it's been through an internal investigation with independent external oversight for no result, Vic Pol hasn't taken any action, the AFL Integrity unit were over it and handed it back to the club to deal with (and you'd assume they were appraised of the result of the internal investigation) and it got no where at FWA.

Smells to me like slinging mud of multiple types in multiple directions hoping to hit one target hard enough to illicit a cash settlement.
Everything you said, 100%.

The reporting by the HS has been appalling and I hope the club takes it up with the AFL, blanket bans them from the club, anything. Just appalling journalism, and that’s saying something given their track record.

And again, the timing stinks to high heaven.
lihei
Been liked: 5 times

Post by lihei »

Mr Miyagi wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:07 am
stui magpie wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:37 am I'd love to be able to read the actual documents lodged with the court to try to understand exactly what section of which legislation this claim comes under.

Everything you said, 100%.

The reporting by the HS has been appalling and I hope the club takes it up with the AFL, blanket bans them from the club, anything. Just appalling journalism, and that’s saying something given their track record.

And again, the timing stinks to high heaven.
Michael Warner - Ambulance Chaser. Say no more.
Cancel the Cancel Culture.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Terrific statements by the Prez this morning. I’m confident Kelly and the club are all clear. Kinda wish he’d gone harder on the Herald-Sun reporting though.
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

^any article to cover his response?
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

I trust the club have done their due diligence and trust the outcome of their investigation. That said Kelly strikes me as being a bit of a dickhead too. Hopefully he has learnt not to shoot his mouth off from now on.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
GreekLunatic
Been liked: 15 times

Post by GreekLunatic »

Michael Warner a Richmond supporter needs something to write because they are crap. It seems now a day you can't do anything not to offend anyone also if it was dealt six months ago why did it come to light now