Umpiring rants ~ receive our scorn

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Re: Umpiring rants ~ receive our scorn

Post by Piesnchess »

shawthing wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 6:30 pm The fact is the MCG is no one's home ground. It's like the town bike. Everyone rides it. Even Geelong plays at least half a dozen games at the G. But they still get their 11 at Kardinia Park.

On the umpiring I think we need to go back to two field umpires. The four keep getting in each other's way and it waters down their ability to interpret the rules.

Agreed, but heck, when I was a lad, there was just ONE umpire who did the whole ruddy match, ONE, like Jeff Crouch, or Don Jolly, game was fast then, but I tell you what, one umpire, or two umps, made far less cockups, stuffups, ****, than these four village idiots do today. And, its driving fans away from the game.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

I’m tired of them rolling out the old “it’s the hardest game in the world to umpire” bs.

They ask coaches to do a presser straight after a loss which should have been a win, cost the coach the season, everybody knows it, and the media bate him into commenting. Same media then slam him and the opposition potatoe head coach jumps on board.

Fly should be belligerent and answer in yes no responses this week. Give them nothing.
Buon Giorno
woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

notice how the AFL no longer comments on umpiring decisions?... funny that...because they are sending mixed messages to the AFL community lol
Big T
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Todays game is the last straw for me. Just unbelievably biased
Buon Giorno
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Thankfully they evened up late and stopped ignoring blatant free kicks, but that first 3 qtrs was blatant corruption. Even an up yours 50m penalty for going 1m over the mark…
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

eddiesmith wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 8:36 pm Thankfully they evened up late and stopped ignoring blatant free kicks, but that first 3 qtrs was blatant corruption.
Even an up yours 50m penalty for going 1m over the mark…
I was actually in SHOCK we got the number of frees that we did in final term.

I expected a belligerent rogering deluxe-royale, and a single figure defeat again by the siren. That's called "conditioning".

Have we EVER witnessed such blatant disgusting cheating two weeks in succession?
Today's first half was like we were playing at the GABBA; with all the absolute gifts they got in front of goal, and into the third term as well.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

piedys wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 8:47 pm
eddiesmith wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 8:36 pm Thankfully they evened up late and stopped ignoring blatant free kicks, but that first 3 qtrs was blatant corruption.
Even an up yours 50m penalty for going 1m over the mark…
I was actually in SHOCK we got the number of frees that we did in final term.

I expected a belligerent rogering deluxe-royale, and a single figure defeat again by the siren. That's called "conditioning".

Have we EVER witnessed such blatant disgusting cheating two weeks in succession?
Today's first half was like we were playing at the GABBA; with all the absolute gifts they got in front of goal, and into the third term as well.
Yep, some we got late were actually quite soft, but were free kicks. What’s amazing is they weren’t paying them in the first 3 qtrs and usually late they put the whistle away. Live the Daicos free was a blatant free and they’d paid a few against us tonight, on replay it looks really soft though.

Although we still got our usual 6-7 free kicks paid advantage where they pay a free kick to even it up when we’re streaming away with the ball anyway.

The funny thing is, the way last weeks game was umpired they’d have paid a DOOB against Bobby Hill for his miss late in the game…
Jezza
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

The first quarter was something else. Couldn't buy a free kick.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Shocking again today. Blatant 50m in the second quarter not paid. AFL did their best to give Brisbane a ride but we have them a one point middle finger
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Holding the ball is a bleeping joke again. At least for us, we get paid nothing. Hosk had Brisbane player cold in the second quarter, no whistle — absolute joke
Arch@M32
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Arch@M32 »

The holding the ball rule is broken.
If none of the crowd understand a rule then you would expect the league to be able to explain it.
But no, this is the AFL where they league done even know how they want it umpired.
It's ridiculous and turns me off the footy.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

The problem is four umpires. So often the out of zone ump is having to run in and blow the whistle because the in zone ump misses or ignores a free. And when they don’t, they’re looking at each other expecting the other to make the call
RatsaK
Been liked: 3 times

Post by RatsaK »

Brent Wallace ump 33 is an absolute maggot
The Mighty Pies - Side by Side
1eyedpie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by 1eyedpie »

How many times were the Lions allowed to get away with 10 mtr pass only to be awarded a mark! The crowd were on to it!

The other thing was allowing them come over the mark and not being called back but rather called to stand 3M over from where the mark was taken! Absolute shite!
Never disperse your focus unless absolutely necessary. Face one adversary at a time!

BARRACK HARD!
maurs64
Been liked: 1 time

Post by maurs64 »

I was on the verge of organising a walk out over the despicable umpiring yesterday. It was very obvious that they were umpiring Collingwood with different interpretations of the rules. Also almost all of our first half free kicks were given deep in defence, not in front of goal like Brisbane