Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 63 times

Re: Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

Post by Presti35 »

^ We'll just have to take Dan Houston.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
SLORT
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by SLORT »

Presti35 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 11:07 am ^ We'll just have to take Dan Houston.
Fun fact ~ just watching SEN talking about Dan Houston being the #1 rated kick in the AFL, and the 3rd highest ranked player overall. Yeah, straight swap would be nice.
gurugeoff
Been liked: 4 times

Post by gurugeoff »

SLORT wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:17 am
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:51 am Joe Richards offered a 4 year deal at Port according to Mitch Cleary on the Tradies podcast
Exciting times for Joe! Port only have #37 and 55. Doubt we'd get 37 (late round 2 worth 483 points) unless we also give up / get something else. More likely 55, (late round 3, worth 207) which would give us (as it stands) 32, 47, 50, and 55 (total value = 1380 points). Yeah, not exactly a good hand in this years draft. Problem is with only 7 games and 45 seconds of experience there is not really much of a case for either getting much more or for keeping him.
There is a big case for getting more for him -> the fact that Port Adelaide have offered him a 4 year deal, and therefore rate him very highly.

to be honest, i cannot fathom this whole scenario - Joe Richards and Harvey Harrison are the only 2 of the newbies who show any semblance of class.
Half our team is about to retire, and most of the other half aren't particularly good. so why the f would we not be be offering Joe the 4 year contract?
Jen2310
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Jen2310 »

I'd wait to see what they get for Houston and tell them to find a pick in the 20's for Joe. Especially given the contract they are offering him.
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by warburton lad »

"Say it ain't so, Joe..."

No chance of trading this lad- unless the deal is a 'Godfather' deal.

keep the guy- give him four years- Elliott maybe has only one year left and small forwards are gold (if they can play).

If Port get a pick in the 20's for Houston, maybe that is worth it... Could translate into one of the Whitlock twins.

Otherwise- forget it Pies.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
SLORT

Post by SLORT »

The guy has been barely played for one game and then unnecessarily dropped for the next. If he isn't picked this week then he's gone, either via a trade to Port or via the draft with a 4yr contract requirement to ensure he gets what he's after.
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by piffdog »

I would have thought Houston is going to cost more than a pick in the 20s.

I’d rather we offload Joe for some near-term currency than keep a guy who yes has some talent but is about 6th in line to make one of this positions his own in about 3 years time. The fact we are keeping all the “oldies” tells me we are here to win another flag asap (sadly not in 2024…). So we continue the trend of selling the future for the present. I don’t know if it’s right or wrong (that’s a matter of opinion), but I don’t like the idea of a “rebuild” so I guess the option is constant renovations.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Pity we missed Georgiades thanks to the Beams trade. Ffs.
Buon Giorno
Newelly
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Newelly »

qldmagpie67 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 11:42 pm
Presti35 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 9:48 pm Lukosius? Yes please! That'd be a huge get!
Has the talent but does he have the work ethic and desire ?
Rumoured to be sort by The Crows who will have a better draft hand than us.
Chuffed to have seen 3 flag wins in my lifetime but still greedy for more.
WITTY 35 DAICOS MAGIC

Post by WITTY 35 DAICOS MAGIC »

Collingwood should inquire about the future of Peter wright
Ok
Bombers fans say lazy
But Peter is known not to want to play up the field

If wright was a magpie I’d leave in the square and play Mihochek Mcstay as leading up fowards
Wright can also pinch hit in ruck

And Scott has shown to have favoured the new foward in caddy
THEY JUST HATE US
COS THEY AINT US

DAICOS MAGIC 35
VINTAGE DARREN MILLANE 42
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by warburton lad »

Agreed Mr qldmagpie67....

The coaches need to focus on the coaching and let List managers do their stuff.
It is probably too late for 2024 Trade Period, but I would poach Jason Taylor back from Melbourne FC.
He worked under Hine and has done a great job at the Demons- he would be an excellent acquisition.

His father played for the Kangaroos (back in the day- seconds only, but was a fine player)
'Tails' was as keen a Roos supporter that I have ever met as a kid.

I only agree with former Carlton President John Elliott about one thing he said: "You don't try and get the best available- you just go out and get the best..." This is what the Pies need to do.

Leppitsch and Bolton need to stick to the knitting and be elite. Skipworth and Selwood round out a great coaching group under McRae.

Get the best List Manager and let's grab that marking forward McRae wants- hell,Peter Wright would be awesome... I would even take Tex Walker or Jack Darling for 12 months- to give us a seasoned target inside 50.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
Crazypie

Post by Crazypie »

Interesting Mark Keane isn't playing the last round of the year for the crows due to "personal reasons" maybe he's checked out of the crows and checked back into the pies. I hope so! He and Charlie Dean are part of the future of our backline.
Go Pies!
Jen2310
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Jen2310 »

Rumours is he has walked out
If true. Thats poor attitude. Stay away if he is like that.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 153 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

^if so, he's either walked himself into the Draft or straight to the Aer Lingus departure lounge with a one-way ticket.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
SLORT

Post by SLORT »

Doesn't sound like he's walked out to me. Seasons over, they want to keep him, so are probably just being nice by allowing him to go home to Ireland early.

“Mark has performed at a really high level for us this year and he has our full support in returning home to Ireland for family reasons,” Kelly said.

“We look forward to seeing him back for the start of pre-season.”

https://www.afc.com.au/news/1636479/afl ... n-round-24

Statistically he's had a really strong year so if the club sees him as a good addition to our backline (and face it, they outta know what he has to offer) I say "welcome back".