#9 John Noble - requests a trade

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: #9 John Noble - requests a trade

Post by piffdog »

News reports saying he also has a twin brother (didnt know that...) who lives on the Gold Coast.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
daics aka the ruckman
Been liked: 3 times

Post by daics aka the ruckman »

qldmagpie67 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:37 pm Derek his dad is team manager for dick Johnson racing (V8’s) based on Gold Coast
David Noble is CEO at Dick Johnson racing after two years coaching North Melbourne
go pies
woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

everyone has family on the gold coast or has moved from VIC to gold coast.
Thats why they have such large crowds against vic teams every year. they arent "travelling" up for a weekend they live there.

Jack Lukosius seems to be the obvious trade with the Suns. and can play either end. I think Jack in a strong environment like the pies could flourish.
Hes from SA and only 24, so got rid of his puppy fat.
and i suspect they will trade for high picks to help Suns get some of their other trades done.

It does suck that Johnny is leaving but hes right, if all players are fit next season he might struggle to find a spot.
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times

Post by piffdog »

inxs88 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:12 pm Hiding behind mental health and family are two of the great excuses in modern day footy. You got head-hunted by Dimma and offered a 4 year deal so just "own it" lime DJ and Brookes Koepka did when they left the PGA Tour to LIV Golf. He is contracted to us till 2026 so Justin Leppitsch play it tough, stop saying we shall accommodate a trade and for once in a lifetime Pies, GET OVERS on a deal vs getting rorted!! Pick 20 please!
Where has he relied on 'mental health'? Hasn't actually made any statements on the matter so far as I can see.

We gave up Ollie Henry and got Tom Mitchell (with Hawks paying most of his salary) who ran 4th in the Copeland. Oh and we also got a premiership. I feel like that trade was overs.

In the next breath you will be potting Dodoro and Mackie for being a55holes! Glad you're not our list manager...
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

qldmagpie67 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:37 pm Derek his dad is team manager for dick Johnson racing (V8’s) based on Gold Coast
David Noble. Unless he has a second dad named Derek?

We need draft and trade currency. And we can cover Noble’s loss. I say go for it.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Role player, not star, started as a mature age rookie, wants to be closer to family, offered a 4 year contract, he has a lot in common with Schultz and I reckon our asking price should start with what we paid for him.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Noble is no great loss. If he wishes to be traded out then by all means trade him out. We can then look forward to him plying his trade in his usual way up on the Gold Coast.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
David
Has liked: 1 time

Post by David »

Bit sad to hear, but also understandable – really liked him as a player, and wish him all the best at the Suns.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

Gold Coast holds picks 6, 13, 20, 26, 34, 46 and 70
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

Magpie Russ wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 1:44 pm Gold Coast holds picks 6, 13, 20, 26, 34, 46 and 70
If we get snare pick 20 or 26 I would be happy and Noble has to do what is in his best interest and a 4 year deal up on the GC would be a nice retirement package.
Durka
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Durka »

Sounds like a potential win to us.
I am trying, but I cannot forget, the way that he single handedly turned the game around and gifted the Dogs the win at Marvel Stadium. He made one mistake, turned the ball over and gave away a goal. Tried to compensate for it, bit off too much again, gave away another goal.Tried too hard to compensate for the previous two mistakes, made the same mistake, and gave away a third goal. It was four or five times in a very short space of time that he turned the ball over and gave away a goal every time. I have never seen another player do that before. I don't think that can be coached out of a player.
There's no way he is in our best team if everyone else is available.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Historically, the Suns don’t play hard ball with their trades because they usually have so many draft picks, they don’t have a need to screw the clubs they deal with.
Add in that Leo Lombard is a highly touted NGA prospect ( expected to go in the teens ) and the chances increase that they would trade out either 20 or 26. It might be that we trade Noble and one of our third rounders ( which they use for points on Lombard ) for either 20 or 26.
Finishing up with 20 or 26 for any trade involving Noble would be a good return.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

That might... unlock the Whitlock twins.
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

inxs88 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:12 pm He is contracted to us till 2026 so Justin Leppitsch play it tough, stop saying we shall accommodate a trade and for once in a lifetime Pies, GET OVERS on a deal vs getting rorted!! Pick 20 please!
This! This! This!
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

David wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 1:36 pm Bit sad to hear, but also understandable – really liked him as a player, and wish him all the best at the Suns.
Yeah it is kind of sad to hear. He's been such a good story as an MSD pick, but missing out on that flag, sheesh! And after playing 23 games that season. I was looking forward to the day where he accepted his medal. That'll have to be for the Suns now, assuming he gets traded.

He'll end his time at Collingwood on 112 games. 7 of them Finals.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!