Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Thinking ahead to 2024 draft...(and beyond)

Post by warburton lad »

Totally agree- Davies and Peatling would be awesome additions.

Would enable us to transition to a post-Pendlebury world quicker (not better).

We need some fresh legs in the midfield.

Noble for Davies.
Trade for Peatling (future 2nd rounder??)
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
SLORT
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by SLORT »

^Dunno. See it as a rummage sale. Neither seems to be statistically amazing, just more middling players, perhaps with higher tackle counts.
Davies, 22yo averages more clangers than Noble per game, whilst averaging only 12.6 disposals.
Peatling doesn't statistically stand out either, in fact looks similar to Bytel.
Yeah, more filler than anything to be genuinely excited about.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

SLORT wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:20 am ^Dunno. See it as a rummage sale. Neither seems to be statistically amazing, just more middling players, perhaps with higher tackle counts.
Davies, 22yo averages more clangers than Noble per game, whilst averaging only 12.6 disposals.
Peatling doesn't statistically stand out either, in fact looks similar to Bytel.
Yeah, more filler than anything to be genuinely excited about.
Re Peatling, take a look at the round 20 game against Dees when he plucked ten coaches votes and 140 fantasy points.

These guys aren’t superstars but they are players who have been devoid of opportunities because of the players in front of them.
If the club believes they have growth, then we should be all over them.
You also want to do it while they’re relatively obscure or you go from giving up a second / third rounder to a first rounder two years later.
They fit a need, not a solution but if you get the need right, sometimes the solution looks after itself.

Also re clangers, we should expect a higher Clanger rate for inside mids, especially when compared to flankers.

Nobody was overly impressed by Lipinski when he arrived here and then he went on finish finish sixth in our B and F in his first year.
Sometimes you just need a club to give you a chance.

Anyway, there’s lots to play out and I’m not convinced we would land both but at least we know we’re out there looking to be active.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 153 times

Re: Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

Post by LaurieHolden »

Presti35 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:26 pm Jackson Hately has just won the Essendon VFL best and fairest. Not saying he should be a target, just wondering if anyone has some insight.
23 years old, first round pick from 2018, been to GWS and crows. I recall talking about him a few years back on here. Has he matured? Were there off field issues? I can't remember?
A 25 y/o former late 1st round pick that has been de-listed by Adelaide after requesting a trade back there from GWS. After 5 years in the AFL system now languishing on a VFL list he couldn't find a way onto a senior list as a rookie. I reckon that's all we need to know. Pass.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
SLORT
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by SLORT »

Pies2016 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:59 am Re Peatling, take a look at the round 20 game against Dees when he plucked ten coaches votes and 140 fantasy points.
Took a closer look, watched a few of his highlights, and yeah, happily I've changed my mind.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Pies2016 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:55 am
Presti35 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:42 am Collingwood amongst other clubs have enquired about James Peatling from GWS (From Gettable)
God, I hope this guy is on top of our midfield wish list. There’s so much to like about the way he goes about it. Hard at it, works both ways and has the skills to go with it. Saw him snag a BOG against the Dees in round 20, so the ceiling is high. Best of all, he’s out of contract and shouldn’t be more than a decent second rounder in return.
Hopefully he feels he mightnt be able to hold his spot in the Giants midfield. Would be a serious coup if we could get it done.
I’m with you mate
I mentioned his name a few weeks ago and I’m glad we’ve made inquires as to his availability
He’s down there pecking order and they have a couple academy kids coming in over the next 2 years so he might see a brighter future elsewhere
If I was the club I would get his mobile number and have Nick and Josh call him as well as Moore and sell him the club
Let’s be honest Nick is going to be a player other players want to play with so we need to exploit that to our advantage
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

We have made inquiries about Hobbs at Essendon as well
It looks like we want to add big bodies mids to the list as a priority
Peatling should be top of our list then look at this guy and Davies maybe
A little birdie told me Josh Battle is likely to stay at the Saints after all. He’s waiting on there final offer but is leaning towards staying on the back of the end of season form.
Houston has shunned the Dee’s because of there internal “issues”
He still wants to come back to Melbourne wonder if we could get a deal done with Port
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 1:35 pm Stevo has been given the bum's rush at the Kangas.

It will probably be a sad end to a promising career. Certainly given the bridges burned, even though that wasn't under Fly, I can't see him returning here (though the Hawks seem to have a much higher dickhead tolerance).
Where did you read/hear that? He still has 1 year left on his contract and there's nothing on the Roos or other sites saying that. I did read he had a fairly brutal exit interview with Clarko where he was told to extract his cranium from his sphincter and get in proper condition, but nothing saying he's gone.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Stephenson will never remove his head from where the sun don’t shine.

Hearing Ash J for Keane, or Ash J for something which is then traded for Keane. Make that happen. Get pick 20 for Noble from the Suns, use for Peatling or another big bodied mid who can dish it out to Daicos. 2025 will be looking good
LaurieHolden

Post by LaurieHolden »

Please quote trade sources e.g. (AFL media), (Socials), (Podcasts) otherwise they're all as reliable as the Coodabeens Cliff from Clematis, who always heard about rumours from someone who knows someone...
I haven't read anything here yet that hasn't already been on Gettable or SEN.
2023 AFL Premiers
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

stui magpie wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 11:00 am
WhyPhilWhy? wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 1:35 pm Stevo has been given the bum's rush at the Kangas.

It will probably be a sad end to a promising career. Certainly given the bridges burned, even though that wasn't under Fly, I can't see him returning here (though the Hawks seem to have a much higher dickhead tolerance).
Where did you read/hear that? He still has 1 year left on his contract and there's nothing on the Roos or other sites saying that. I did read he had a fairly brutal exit interview with Clarko where he was told to extract his cranium from his sphincter and get in proper condition, but nothing saying he's gone.
I don't know whether we read the same admittedly 2nd hand report of it, but the one I saw said he had no role in Clarko's plan for 2025. I extrapolated that to mean the bum's rush.
LaurieHolden

Post by LaurieHolden »

^@WhyPhilWhy? I'm not sure Clarko is in Clarko's future plans :lol:
2023 AFL Premiers
woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

Alex Davies wouldnt be a bad swap for Noble IF we cant get Jack Lukosius
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Rivals are reportedly set to come hard for out-of-contract Gold Coast midfielder Alex Davies, with Collingwood and Geelong flagging their interest.

https://www.zerohanger.com/pair-of-riva ... ws-154591/
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

^If Geelong get Davies AND b Smith, there needs to be a royal commission into their salary cap.