Collingwood Father Son and NGA Radar

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Re: Collingwood Father Son and NGA Radar

Post by stui magpie »

Heard Kouta on MMM the other day with Jim and Bill. He coaches the Jr Footy club his son plays at, one of the Rocca brothers is asst coach and both the Rocca boys play in the team. He's known the Roccas since he was a kid and reckons the cousins are going to be big boys and good footballers.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Jen2310
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Jen2310 »

^Kouta Jr (Luca) came 2nd in the U14 BnF.
All three do play together for Ivanhoe U14
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Presti35 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:18 am...
And another Hrysoulakis! Athas could have been anything of he was willing to train and put in the hard work.
Ya know Hrysoulakis barracks for Carlton, right?
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

I’ve just had a look at the new 2025 draft value index model ( DVI ) Using the scenario of a bid for Tom McGaune coming in at pick #5 ( based on early feedback and still 12 months out ) we would need something like three mid range second rounders in order to satisfy that bid.
At Pick #5 and with only the new 10% discount also being rolled out, matching that bid would require just over 1600 points. In broad terms, that becomes a significant investment. There is very little return for third round selections, so almost all the points will need to come from the second round ( or better )
I still believe the club will trade out its F1 this year and that’s ok, as long as the club is prepared to stockpile an extra pick or two for the 2025 draft.
Might be a good time for young Tom McGuane to start planning to take his foot off the gas in 2025. The last thing we would want is his name being called out any higher than pick # 5.
Seems to me and in true AFL fashion, they’ve gone way overboard on the F /S and NGA changes for 2025. Only reducing the DVI but maintaining the traditional 20% discount on bids would have been much fairer.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
SLORT
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by SLORT »

Pies2016 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:27 am Might be a good time for young Tom McGuane to start planning to take his foot off the gas in 2025. The last thing we would want is his name being called out any higher than pick # 5.
Seems to me and in true AFL fashion, they’ve gone way overboard on the F /S and NGA changes for 2025. Only reducing the DVI but maintaining the traditional 20% discount on bids would have been much fairer.
And this is the issue. By trying to fix a non-issue they basically encourage fraud and dishonesty and remove the excitement from upcoming father sons. Idiots that begrudge the success of others rather than improving themselves should never be empowered in their mediocrity. If their club encourages a healthy culture both on and off the field then this can, and should, be the reward. I mean isn't this the whole point of sport, to laud the successful and seek their pathway for ourselves? The AFL administration are really doing a great job in undermining the future popularity of the sport...
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

The F/S evens out over 100 years, to make them gettable is simply a good outcome on many levels.

But no. Administrators with a short term perspective, who eat sour grapes for breakfast and kill kittens for fun, think it's fairer to make rules harder for elite kids to play at the same club as their parents.