Destination Club: We now are (2024 edit - or are we not?)?)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Trade Winds: Jake 'the package' Stringer

Post by Dark Beanie »

Players are always 'linked' to a move to Collingwood.

Its a way to bump up their asking price and garner interest ie. clicks in a possible move.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 152 times

Re: Destination Club: We now are (2024 edit - or are we not?)?)

Post by LaurieHolden »

Former West Coast coach Adam Simpson has revealed the club fielded phone calls from rival stars during the middle stages of the 2024 season.
The topic of conversation of those calls was Harley Reid.
We had several players, A-grade talent ringing us up until about Round 10. We beat Melbourne and then we beat Freo and in that little period…

Garry Lyon asked: “So you had talent from other clubs ringing you to come to West Coast?”
Simpson replied:Absolutely, yes.“The conversation was, ‘I want to play with Harley’.
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/09/17/ ... rom-stars/
So, if that's the case, surely Naicos falls into a similar category?
IF I was Fly pitching to a high-quality mid-fielder, I'd be adding footage of the link-up with Naicos & JDG in the 2023 GF and saying you should be part of that. That along with ANZAC day, the Collingwood chant, the close finishes / big wins and the euphoria shared by the players would make one hell of a pitch package.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 63 times

Re: Destination Club: We now are (2024 edit - or are we not?)?)

Post by Presti35 »

^my first thoughts too. Also I want to know who these players were that all of a sudden want to go to WCE because of Reid.

Nick should be ringing them and saying he wants to play with Reid too.... just not at WCE. :wink:
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!