Buyers Remorse

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 130 times

Re: Buyers Remorse

Post by Pies4shaw »

So, SEN didn't name him as first ruck in its "team of the week"?
Durka
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Durka »

Yes, you're right, they did. With each team playing one ruckman, the voting went right down to the wire. Was it to be Grundy, with 8 kicks and 3 marks, or that tall bloke from the Brissy seconds whose name I can't remember, that opposed Grundy and had 9 kicks and two marks. It was well deserved. Grundy would be so happy with that personal award, and the result of the game doesn't really matter much to him, as footy really isn't that important.
Personally, I would have given the award to Joe Daniher, as when he was in the centre bounces he was leagues ahead of Grundy. Sydney's coaches would be livid at how easily Daniher was able to out body Grundy and take the ball out of the centre. That was a repeat of Grundy's woeful efforts at boundary throw ins in defence every time he was opposed to Finlayson in his Giants days.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

For his one hitout from twenty-two attempts?

Qldmagpie67 would have preferred that Ladhams or McLean get the ruck gig at Sydney, of course - which is what this thread is originally about.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 95 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Being reported Preuss is being watched closely by swans
Lanhams isn’t what they needed as a back up ruck and given Sydney don’t value rucks under Longmire they’ll be looking for another cheap ruck as back up or possibly play 2 rucks
P4S will you be monitoring the swans B&F closely critiquing there voting system when Grundy doesn’t receive top votes in every game played during the course of the year ?
Or do you expect it to be the Heeney Warner Gulden Rowbottom McMartin and a few others show like people on the swans message board expect ?
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

It will be all the soft mid-sized losers - because that's their DNA.
Presti35
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by Presti35 »

After their GF performance, they should call off their B & F and just announce it online.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

qldmagpie67 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 4:51 pm P4S will you be monitoring the swans B&F closely critiquing there voting system when Grundy doesn’t receive top votes in every game played during the course of the year ?
Or do you expect it to be the Heeney Warner Gulden Rowbottom McMartin and a few others show like people on the swans message board expect ?
Heeney finished first, Gulden second, Warner third. Grundy only managed 4th - I imagine they will cut him immediately, now - what, with Ladhams coming 192nd and McLean 157th. I guess there will be about 36 other Sydney players deeply concerned about their AFL futures after they couldn't finish ahead of Thor in the BF. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

I guess that all serves to show how little you learn about Sydney players from reading the Swans' message board.