Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 177 times

Re: Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player discussion

Post by Presti35 »

Lord, Barass, Houston, Kennedy and a pick in the mid 20s. Thats what I want. Then I'll look at Tomlinson and Hayes as DFAs. Stop sending me quotes from "The Castle".
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
SLORT
Has liked: 248 times
Been liked: 145 times

Post by SLORT »

Presti35 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 12:34 pm Lord, Barass, Houston, Kennedy and a pick in the mid 20s. Thats what I want. Then I'll look at Tomlinson and Hayes as DFAs. Stop sending me quotes from "The Castle".
“Dad reckoned that fishing was 10% brain and 95% muscle. And the rest was just good luck”?
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by Big T »

Point being, Carlton have a few options at their disposal but if they are all in on Houston, then they will pay a huge cost by way of still having to trade out heavily for points for the twins.
[/quote]

I don’t think the twins are that highly rated, they won’t need many points by all accounts
Buon Giorno
Pies2016
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Big T wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 4:09 am Point being, Carlton have a few options at their disposal but if they are all in on Houston, then they will pay a huge cost by way of still having to trade out heavily for points for the twins.
I don’t think the twins are that highly rated, they won’t need many points by all accounts
[/quote]

Finding points for the Camporeale twins wouldn’t be a problem if they’re NOT chasing Houston

If both twins went between late thirties / early forties as expected, under current rules, Carlton would need to find around 700 points in total.
They currently have #12 #14 #34 #66 # and # 69 that all contribute to accumulating points. By the time you take out the Houston trade ( #14 and #34 as a fair outcome) and exclude # 12 ( because they have insisted they will go to draft in first round ) they would CURRENTLY have around 120 odd points left ( #66 # 69 ) to find around 700 points. To be fair, those picks will likely move forward on the night but that won’t make a big difference to their points tally.
They will either need to trade out something more or roll out #12 and #14 to Port and then get something back if they want to find around 600 more points. That scenario doesn’t even include they also have to trade an F2 back into their 2025 draft allocation sometime before the 2024 ND.
EDIT - the Blues had earlier traded in an F2 from the Lions, so their commitments to replacing the above F2 have already been met.

The other outcome is that maybe they aren’t into Houston as much as it looks and they are going in a different direction because based on the above, that’s also a possibility. We will all know a bit more next week.
Last edited by Pies2016 on Sun Oct 13, 2024 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
SLORT

Post by SLORT »

Our picks 52 and 55 for Kennedy = 453 points. Perhaps they'd find that useful? Not sure we should give them 36 (502 points). & 55 (207 points) to get them to 709 but I guess if we want Kennedy in. Would irk somewhat though...helping them indirectly get the players they want (Houston & the Twins).

I personally think we should try for the following:

John Noble & future 1st for 13, 29 & future 3rd
Joe Richards for 39
52 & 55 for Matthew Kennedy
36 for Caleb Daniel

Gives us picks 13, 29, 39 in the draft, future 3rd for 2025
Matthew Kennedy
Caleb Daniel

This looks reasonable and achievable to my mind, giving us a good spread of talent for the future, and the players we need for the now without costing us the farm.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

No dwarfs please. :roll:
SLORT

Post by SLORT »

RudeBoy wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 9:05 am No dwarfs please. :roll:
So sayeth Tywin Lannister...Tony Francis is coming to shoot you on the shitter.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Also change 39 to Lord
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Sounding like Barrass may still get to Hawks

Fremantle has offered a lot for Baker and Bolton. WCE frantically trying to get Barrass out and Baker in, but Tigers may now go with the Freo offer.

With WCE a bit peeved with the Hawks, can we make a play for Barrass? He turned 29 the other day, so it's hard to estimate his value and what we can actually trade for him. But I'm just thinking that WCE would rather not deal with the Hawks now.
Jen2310
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 75 times

Post by Jen2310 »

Kennedy is staying at carlton
He has no interest.
neil
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by neil »

SLORT wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 8:16 am
36 for Caleb Daniel

Caleb Daniel

We dont need Daniel we have enough small forwards with the opportunity to draft another in this draft or the next
Also Demattia could play there and next year recruit Mcguane who could start forward he wont have the engine for midfield for a couple of years
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
Culprit
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Culprit »

Jen2310 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 12:00 pm Kennedy is staying at carlton
He has no interest.
Good, one less part of the Circus. Now all we need is Houston to stay at Port.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Apparently North made an offer to a Collingwood premiership star. Might be Bruz? He’d never leave, not gonna happen kangas.

Houston can pee off, I’m not impressed with the meat market bidding war he’s created by not nominating a specific Victorian club. He might even stay at Port 🤷‍♂️ We’ve bent over backwards trying to negotiate with other clubs to get a deal Port would be happy with and it feels like they’ve wasted our time

I reckon we’ll get Hayes and Tomlinson, maybe another player not named yet, and that’ll be it.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Mr Miyagi wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 7:43 pm Apparently North made an offer to a Collingwood premiership star. Might be Bruz?
Yes it was Maynard
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Deven Robertson says he wants to get to Collingwood now