Welcome to Collingwood - Dan Houston

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 35 times

Re: Welcome to Collingwood - Dan Houston

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

I’m looking forward to those 40-50 metre chislers from the centre square for Billy or Jordy to run on to.
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

RudeBoy wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2024 4:45 pm
Pies4shaw wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 12:19 pm Interesting - not a mention of Carlton anywhere, there, though at one point they were said to be the frontrunners and he was said to have expressed a "preference" to get to Princes Park.
It seems that only once we knew Richards wanted to go to Port and Noble to Cold Toast did we seriously enter the race for Houston.
Never a guarantees for a flag, but luck is an extra player

to land Upgraded Perryman HB to replace the departing Noble HB is Luck
Richards wanting to go to Port is Luck
Pork wanting Lukosius and GC wanting Noble is Luck
GC happens to have pick 13 and not the usual Pick 1 is Luck
A deep draft keeping the competition away from Houston is Luck.

Having the Salary Cap is good planning, we make our own Luck too

All those stars aligned .. amazing.

Winning so many games by a single digit and going on to win the flag in 23 by a single digit is Luck

I reckon Fly has Luck on his side.

Cant wait for season 2025
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 81 times

Post by Big T »

Hi Charlie - what’s not luck is our astute ability to draft late round players (Richards) and MSD (Noble) to create value and then have the chance to get Houston. That’s what we are good at.
Buon Giorno
jonmac1954
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Charlie there is no such thing as luck. Any bookie will tell there is only calculated odds, sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't.

There is also the bright flame of courage and mateship many of us (apparently not you) saw in '22.

As Peter Daicos answered the moronic Jack Dyer's infantile assertion that his dribble kicks we just luck " It's funny you know the more I practice the luckier I get" - stone cold fact.

And finally - in my 70 years upon this earth the only people I hear bleating about luck are those that lack the backbone to put themselves on the line to ensure the future