Umpiring rants ~ receive our scorn

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

DaVe86

Post by DaVe86 »

yep sam newman and the channel 10 commentary team shared ur opinion. 5 goals from free kicks is a joke. But if u want bad umpiring get a replay of the brisbane sydney game, it was worst. Some really terrible calls today but. Who cares though we won and thats all that matters.
There's more to life than footy.........just not much more.
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

apparently there were also some atrocious calls in the St Kilda/Kangaroos game today too

none as bad as ours of course!
Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
DaVe86

Post by DaVe86 »

yep he probably had his mind on when fevola ran through him in the second quarter and cleaned him up. He was probably aroused by the hole incident.
There's more to life than footy.........just not much more.
Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

I wonder what Fav is thinking in that pic? :shock:
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
KYPREO

Post by KYPREO »

Since Collingwood won, at least the bad umpiring will give Sheehan and Walls something to talk about this week!
Go Pies!!!
wimmey

Post by wimmey »

It was the first time in a long long time I had to get out of my seat and go for a walk. My blood was boiling at some of ( no all of ) Mclarens decisions. He was blatantly cheating and didn't care who noticed....
when your team runs out or they kick a goal hows the mighty roar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

A quote from the official AFL website about the Collingwood win,"In the most lopsided umpiring imaginable" unquote. Says it all. It has bought umpire cheating to new highs :evil:
GO THE MIGHTY PIES
perthmagpie

Post by perthmagpie »

Carlton: 173 kicks (29 from maggots) 17%
Collingwood: 221 (17 from maggots) 8%

Carlton: 108 pts (33 from maggots) 31%
Collingwood: 128 pts (0 from maggots) 0%

On any normal day of umpiring we would of won by 8 goals. But not today, due to McClaren and the atrocious, pathetic, one-sided decisions. Why didn't McClaren just take over the operation of the scoreboard himself and add on a few for Carlton? Would of saved alot of time.

Disgraceful.
Magpies love pies(Lol)
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

calm down guys but yeah I couldn't believe the umpiring during the third quarter, some of the worst I've seen....
admit it though we got some soft ones too later on - after Carlton had kicked three of four from free kicks :roll:
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
GO RUPERT 10

Post by GO RUPERT 10 »

No offence mate but you had to be at the ground to see the fury of the collingwood faithful everytime carlton got a soft free in front of goal,and the last one against big tex mate dont get me started on that that was so soft what was he supposed to do not try to punch?
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

maybe we need to get someone fined 20 k. knowing our luck we'd cop a suspension... hey, bucks could do it though!
Get back on top.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

What amazed me about Channel 10 was not only was Throbby Balls disgusted by the decisions against the Pies but he was clearly going for the Pies all day.
Buon Giorno
LeonMcS

Post by LeonMcS »

Look! Hes even trying to smother!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clokey

Post by Clokey »

HAhahah very nice. :D

He ran to where they were leading that was just silly.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Hird was right 12 months ago. Not a good umpire at all. The umps were very lopsided. That Wakelin decision in the goalsquare had my blood boiling. :x

That's twice now that he has cut off leads by running back into a player.