Pies gave pagan the blues!!

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Ed from WA

Pies gave pagan the blues!!

Post by Ed from WA »

I was already half full before the bounce,as i expected to be watching something not nice.
Rocca won the toss and kicked to right of screen,that means we went ---- >.
on the pine were rowe,maxwell,cole and leon which left the other 17 plus willo to start.

Brodee had the first of many turnovers for the day and the bloos scored first PT,
we go fwd and on the end of a few handballs lika dribbled a daicos special from the pocket for the games opening major.
some good work from burns got it to brodie and he goaled from 50 on the run
then the shite began with the next 5 fwd sorties chopped off after passes that would get a school kid dragged.
the 5th pass was rebounded and was a bloo goal.
lika kicks OOF,taz leads lika kicks it over his head bloos have a shot and its OOF thankfully.
Tex gets the nut in the back pocket ,has no idea what to do and is tackled,pinged and the bloos goal.
Cam Cloke bombs long from 65 and it rolls thru
Like has been the norm for the last 2 seasons at least ,every time we go fwd its via the boundary chalk.
Ive got to get that stuff tested,what is in that chalk?
The problem with this apart from the obvious is that it gives our crumbers no chance as any spoils go OOB and also our skills are so shite we usually kick it out ourselves.
siren...19 plays 22

Burns goes fwd finds 2 of our blokes all by themselves at CHF and passes over the head of both of them.
leon snaps a point from the boundary..where else?
johnno marks the kick in and kicks a point.
Rocca gets it to brodie he plays on..point again.
from the kick in the bloos goal within 20 secs.
they never went near the chalk,that must have been a deal done before the game.
the chalk was ours.
then MM must have gone down the shop for a drink as we had no rucks for the bounce down
carrots took it and surprisingly lost the tap.
Rocca does some great ruckwork taps to rhyce ..you guessed it PT.
The bloos get a rushed point
clem kicks in to rhyce who kicks it OOF whitnall marks at CHF and goals.
from the ball up we have 7 possesions and end up on the back flank! Tarks runs thru the guts and then stops with no one to kick to.
passes very wide(where else?) to Taz who knocks it backwards to rhyce who snaps a goal.
Rocca bashes and crashes his way thru a pack,gets it off to lika who is in danger of getting leather poisoning he passes to rowe and he goals.
cam snaps a point
rocca leads,spoiled,no crumbers except bloos they dash and goal.
rhyce passes to rowe but it goes OOF.
The next 2 minutes beggar belief,we turn it over so often we should be in the bakery business.
walker (mates with) everything he touches up,it looked to me like we may have sponsored a dud.
obree gets the ball passes to kouta who goals.
**** me we are a rabble!!!37-54 at the half.
26 clangers in a half of footy to the mighty chalk sniffing magpies.

by now im full,and as im typing am geting fullerer.
needless to say the notes of the second half are illegible.

what happened was a 2 qtr effort akin to the efforts the pies of 02 put up week after week,tackling reached optimum level,umpires gave 5 free kick goals to the bloos to keep them in it as well as our turnovers that didnt help.

we were killed in the ruck all day,tazza lifted his game and slotted thru 5 majors including goal of the yr nomination daicos special when really needed.

the bloos got 3 or 4 goals up a few times but we came back each time.
somehow among all the poor disposal we found enough shots at goal to kick clear.

Rocca was terrific,it was a captains effort,lika was superb apart from his disposal,cam cloke stood tall in the last qtr,carrots,tarks,morrison,woey stood up to be counted.
willo even found the ball handed to him a couple of times when he was by himself and he kicked a couple of goals.

I like the look of rowe,but maxwell needs more time,he did some good work but stuffed up a few times with no idea what to do.

bloody great to beat carrrrrrlton.

we have a lot of work to do.
some players to get rid of,which may include tex as to me he was a shocker today.
willo wasnt sighted until the last qtr,was he there?
why was he there at all?

you cant knock our endeavour,but **** i hate the way we play.we are almost unwatchable at times.

votes
3 lika
2 rocca
1 wakes