Umpiring rants ~ receive our scorn

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

I reckon Sam was more scathing of the umpires than anyone.
Has he ever spoken on any other issue? :)
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Why I hate Umpires

Post by Culprit »

Have a read of Derek H-S's article about Didak.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 80,00.html

He calls it the worse call this year. I would have suggested the worse call was Kerr punching someones family jewels and only getting a week. :roll:
punkologist

Post by punkologist »

What a tool, i threw away the hun when i saw it, i did not want to read anymore as it is poor form to swear on the train.

Nice how they also put the very worst angle possible and show dids after the actual contact when his elbow stuck out. He's making out like it was a full blown fist to the head. I'm so sick of the anti Collingwood rubbish in the papers.

What an absolute wanker, sucked as an umpire (like most) and now sucks even harder as a try hard journo.
TMan4

Post by TMan4 »

The idiot has no idea at all. I listen to him on SEN and have seen him on White Line Fever. He spoils both shows by opening his mouth. Diarrhoea spills from his mouth.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

it seems very nice to me too.
DaicosMagic

Post by DaicosMagic »

If you heard him on SEN last week (last Tuesday I think) he basically proved that he is a completely d!ckhead. I forget what it was exactly, but he lied about there not being any 'rules of the week' in past years, while another umpire actually said there were 'rules of the week' during the same segment.
pies4ever

Wrangle over'white maggot'

Post by pies4ever »

Wrangle over 'white maggot'
Adrian Tame and Anthony Black
April 29, 2007

FOOTY fans face a ban on calling umpires "white maggots".

AFL Umpires Association chief Bill Deller has called for spectators who use the time-honoured sledge at any AFL match to be thrown out.
The Gabba has ruled fans who yell the age-old term at Brisbane Lions' games will be evicted instantly.

Mr Deller said the ban should be introduced across Australia.

"It's not fun and it's not tradition. It's pathetic and I would welcome a ban on its use across the country," Mr Deller said this week.

The Gabba's surprise move is part of a zero tolerance approach to crowd behaviour at the stadium.

Officials have told Brisbane Lions member Garry Edwards, 58, that fans will be evicted if they use the term.

But the ban has prompted widespread anger.

Well-known Collingwood supporter Joffa Corfe described Gabba officials as "the Gestapo" and said the term should not be compared with use of foul language. And the Salvation Army has backed him.

Fans at every ground in the country have used the words "white maggot" to describe umpires for generations. But Mr Deller will have none of it.

"It's not affectionate. It's abuse, plain and simple, and it's bad for both the recruitment and retention of umpires," he said.

Mr Corfe disagreed.

http://www.news.com.au/sundayheraldsun/ ... 62,00.html
As Reg Reagan Says-Go And Get Stuffed..!!
magpiesgirl

Post by magpiesgirl »

Good on ya Joffa for standing up for a time honoured tradition :D
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

when was the last time the maggots actually wore white?
Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
spoljar

Post by spoljar »

Well OK fair enough if White Maggot is no longer acceptable, are we allowed to still call them Yellow or Green Maggots?
Usurper

Post by Usurper »

Next thing they wont let us throw anything on the ground!
Yobbo^LuKa

Post by Yobbo^LuKa »

That's ok...I was threatened with being ejected from the Cheersquad on Wednesday by a fat pig of a security guard for saying the word Wanker.

Wanker is not a swear word...Would they prefer I used more colourful language instead? It's all going a bit far, I think the fun of going to the football and letting out your weeks worth of frustration has been delt a severe blow.
Tradition? Pfft you call merging with Fitzroy and cheatin to 3 flags Tradition? Winning 4 flags in a row is history, which makes tradition!
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

It's little wonder the Gabba has banned the term as they won MANY games on the back of the white, red, green, yellow or what ever other coloured maggots you care to mention. Most brion supporters are all bandwagon jumpers anyway, who know stuuff all about football and in particular, tradition, so the "gabba gestapo" have no problem with banning anything to do with normal barracking. I think an orchestrated 'WHITE MAGGOTT" at the Pies brions game from the crowd should be on the cards. And of course, if the Mr Deller the article refers to is actually Bill Deller, then it is more clear why he opposes it as he was THE biggest white maggot of them all.
GO THE MIGHTY PIES
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Maybe if the white maggots stopped making up the rules as they went, and had less influence on the outcome, people might then take them seriously, but until then, the cheating scum deserve as much crap thrown at them as humanly possible.

FKN WHITE MAGGOTS!
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked