#22 Rhyce Shaw

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

bokka wrote:Yes now that he is very important to the team he is due to get injured. Maybe the footy gods want to wait till he is unquestinoably a pivotal player, so as to maximize the pain. They must have a good laugh at Cwood supporters up there!
I always said Shaw would be good.
- As I have for another maligned player TEx - just needs to get over the marking yips and get a bit more experience.
Shaw had his injury last week when he was knocked out cold. He's going to be fine now! (yes, my fingers ARE crossed)
Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

DaVe86 wrote:i think he is on the verge of taking the role as our number 1 midfielder.
This year, for sure. However, Bucks, Burnsy and Licca are still ahead. They have the runs on the board, but Racer is chasing them down! :D
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

bokka wrote: As I have for another maligned player TEx - just needs to get over the marking yips and get a bit more experience.
He is only maligned due to his lack of performance. :roll:

He is Baby Huey. :lol:
Nicko

Post by Nicko »

Shaw has been brilliant and made one wing his, who should play on the other? Lockyer often gets the nod but he's done nothing for a while now.

I'd give it to Woewodin and let him have a more free-running role than the half-back flank/defensive midfielder position Mick usually plays him in.
bokka

Post by bokka »

Proud Pies wrote:
bokka wrote:Yes now that he is very important to the team he is due to get injured. Maybe the footy gods want to wait till he is unquestinoably a pivotal player, so as to maximize the pain. They must have a good laugh at Cwood supporters up there!
I always said Shaw would be good.
- As I have for another maligned player TEx - just needs to get over the marking yips and get a bit more experience.
Shaw had his injury last week when he was knocked out cold. He's going to be fine now! (yes, my fingers ARE crossed)
I think one of the footy God's kids was playing on a computer game and His aim was a bit off when He arranged Shaw's kinghit. Hopefully They don't let the Brat do it again for a while.
bokka

Post by bokka »

Culprit wrote:
bokka wrote: As I have for another maligned player TEx - just needs to get over the marking yips and get a bit more experience.
He is only maligned due to his lack of performance. :roll:

He is Baby Huey. :lol:
I'm happy to put $20 on him being a good and reliable player for us by this time next year
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

spoljar

Post by spoljar »

Steve wrote:has he proven himself to you yet? keeps working hard like he is now and he'll be a gun.
FFS Clokey, there is almost one of these on Shaw every week now. The vast majority of people including myself have apologised to him time and time again and acknowledged that we were wrong! How many times can we say sorry to him.
lol, how many times did you bag him?
Bagged him quite a few times last season and did not even have him in my best 22 for this year. Have not bagged him once this year and have apologised to him as I think he has been sensational this year!

Actually I have an idea:
Why dont we make the 16th October 'National Rhyce Shaw Sorry Day'

Does anyone know the significance of that day?
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

I'm on your side Culprit. Tex will take time - another two-three seasons in my opinion. He is a good leading full forward, and needs to be played in that position. He won't play every game next year.
bwphantom

Post by bwphantom »

Let me see. A Shaw that can get the ball, nothing new there. A Shaw that is all guts and not much class, nothing new there. A Shaw who's kicking and delivery sometimes leaves a little to be desired, nothing new there. A Shaw that comes good after a few seasons on the list, nothing new there. A Shaw that will peak at 24-26, nothing new there. A Shaw that will win a copeland, nothing new there. A Shaw that will become a Captain of Collingwood, nothing new there.

Do you get it yet. Yep he is a Shaw....hmmm nothing new there.
All this may be summed up in one word - CHARACTER - and if that is not worth developing, nothing is.

Jock McHale
bokka

Post by bokka »

Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

spoljar wrote:
Actually I have an idea:
Why dont we make the 16th October 'National Rhyce Shaw Sorry Day'

Does anyone know the significance of that day?
Will be his 24th Birthday on that day
Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

stik35

Post by stik35 »

Culprit wrote:We all need a Ben Kinnear in our Team and Tex now has the mantle. :twisted:
Wrong Culprit.
I spoke to BK a few weeks ago and he definitely gave his MM photos to Andrew Williams. :wink:
If you bleed black and white you'll never walk alone.